Elections Jon Stewart to return to ‘The Daily Show’ as a host and executive producer

The expressed purpose of the program is to satirically draw attention to absurdities of all sorts in American politics, left, right, and otherwise. It's not tell people how to fix it. It's just plain not their purpose. It's a comedy show, not a TED talk.

Prior to this new thing, the loudest complaint I heard about the Daily show, whether it was Stewart, or more commonly, Trevor Noah, was that it could be too preachy. At the slightest hint of appearing to be telling people what to do they were turned off.
I don't watch the show I haven't since it was comedy central and I was in high school. I guess I remember it being a satirical news show. Doesn't seem as edgy or interesting now. Lord knows you should never shake things up, you're right.

I don't watch the show I haven't since it was comedy central and I was in high school. I guess I remember it being a satirical news show. Doesn't seem as edgy or interesting now. Lord knows you should never shake things up, you're right.
Shake things up? That's the same as assuming responsibility to come up with solutions to the issues they bring up?

Fuckin' logic, how does it work?

Well, the whole format got hijacked by the MSM. Now everyone is doing a Jon Stewart impersonation. Back when he was doing it, it was was kind of fresh to have a comedian play a "News Reporter", and dunk on politics from a satirical stance. Nowadays, you can't tell the difference between "The Daily Show", and any given hour on CNN or FOX. It's pretty much the same show, but now everyone is doing that schtick. News is fed to us through that schtick, whether it be the MSM or even Youtube personalities.

That said, do you really want Jon Stewart offering "solutions" to these issues, like the morons on "The View" attempt to do? Staying somewhat neutral is WAY more refreshing, and a far better path for him to take. We don't need another hyper partisan show, where the host thinks they have actual power over politics.

Huh? It shows he is a sell out because his show sucks and was canceled, possibly his target audience didn't like those narratives.
I think you should reread this and try again. That’s utter nonsense. Like, doesn’t even make sense. I mean you realize if he was “selling out” that he would be pandering to his audience against his own beliefs right?

One show, and the left are already freaking out that it's not pure Democrat propaganda. LOL.
There’s a moment where he gives a little heart to heart with the viewers about how election night isn’t the only night that matters. In it he said something about how you don’t have to believe what “they” tell you to believe. Im paraphrasing badly as I don’t remember the words, just the sentiment. I’m pretty confident that was directed at the Democrats as they have gotten really bad in recent years of ostracizing leftist the minute they don’t toe the line they want them too. Showing no self awareness at all, those same leftists are giving him blowback for criticizing Biden as a candidate

Don't really find him funny to be honest, although I do find him a lot more watchable than Bill Maher or John Oliver.

they need to get rid of that automated laughing shit that plays after every sentence he says. i never really understood why they always do that, not just for him but for basically every comedian.

he's funny but there was an obvious problem that more and more people were listening to him over actual news. It coincides with the whole dumbening event where people needed their media overlapped with comedy.

I watched the show, Ep 2

He began by pointing out the overreaction from the left, but imo in a weak "whoa was me" kind of way

This isn't how you handle far left retards. You're reaction needs to have teeth to it, so these ridiculous people will learn to calm down when a somebody just has a rational criticism of their own side

There’s a moment where he gives a little heart to heart with the viewers about how election night isn’t the only night that matters. In it he said something about how you don’t have to believe what “they” tell you to believe. Im paraphrasing badly as I don’t remember the words, just the sentiment. I’m pretty confident that was directed at the Democrats as they have gotten really bad in recent years of ostracizing leftist the minute they don’t toe the line they want them too. Showing no self awareness at all, those same leftists are giving him blowback for criticizing Biden as a candidate
I remember one of his writers on Joe Rogan like 10+ years ago saying how their audience would go silent when they went after Hillary Clinton. Same shit, different day.

they need to get rid of that automated laughing shit that plays after every sentence he says. i never really understood why they always do that, not just for him but for basically every comedian.

Don't think it's the presentation, I just rarely find American talk shows by comedians funny, and it's not my sort of political humour.
For that matter even local equivalents like "Planet America" aren't something I find funny, although generally more informative.

Don't think it's the presentation, I just rarely find American talk shows by comedians funny, and it's not my sort of political humour.
For that matter even local equivalents like "Planet America" aren't something I find funny, although generally more informative.

you know what i found funny? ronda rousey getting her head kicked off into the nosebleed section.

there's plenty of other people who wouldn't be laughing at that. or cheering it on such violence. especially when it's a woman getting fucked up. but that was probably the greatest moment in sherdog history. all beefs were put on pause, and people put aside their shitposting to celebrate for the greater good. everybody rejoiced. it brought everybody together lol. a true moment of zen. and the memes just kept on flowing freely from the tap.

you know what i found funny? ronda rousey getting her head kicked off into the nosebleed section.

there's plenty of other people who wouldn't be laughing at that. or cheering it on such violence. especially when it's a woman getting fucked up. but that was probably the greatest moment in sherdog history. all beefs were put on pause, and people put aside their shitposting to celebrate for the greater good. everybody rejoiced. it brought everybody together lol. a true moment of zen. and the memes just kept on flowing freely from the tap.

Hah! Well I can't say I laughed out loud, but there was certainly some pretty significant shadenfreude.

Is he offering solutions or just fence sitting?
He said his job is to provide air support for those doing the real work - people knocking on doors, community organizers.

I thought his return show was excellent. He took shots at both sides and was very entertaining.

He said his job is to provide air support for those doing the real work - people knocking on doors, community organizers.

I thought his return show was excellent. He took shots at both sides and was very entertaining.
that's always been a critisim of him though. He has always been accused of taking shot at both sides. Some people think he encourages nihilism toward the democratic process.

But it's like that Douche v Turd jokes from South Park anyway.

guess they need a known commodity to counter-act and 'report' on trumps 2024 presidency run-up and eventual win.
Would say this. They say they brought him back to make sense of the divide. I imagine he will help further the divide like most commentary on news.

Back