Media Tony Ferguson on a podcast for the first time

CSO.

giphy.gif

Tony still thinks that Kbabib was scared of him and pulled out one time because he was shook....I love Tony <Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Moves><Moves>
Khabib’s team preferred opponents that can easily be studied. Prime Tony was not your typical fighter.

Haters gonna hate but this is a great podcast!

Tony Ferguson the type of guy to switch genders and fight in the womens division to become the first ever bi-gender interim champion.

Khabib’s team preferred opponents that can easily be studied. Prime Tony was not your typical fighter.
I think that's a bunch of bullshit personally. Every team studies their opponents and prepares a gameplan. Tony is very readable; he has an unpredictable element, but his base fighting style is easily disectable for Khabib and would make a very favorable matchup for him. I am a big fan of both fighters, but Khabib would have manhandled him easily.

I think that's a bunch of bullshit personally. Every team studies their opponents and prepares a gameplan. Tony is very readable; he has an unpredictable element, but his base fighting style is easily disectable for Khabib and would make a very favorable matchup for him. I am a big fan of both fighters, but Khabib would have manhandled him easily.
Prime Tony was a horrible stylistic matchup for him which is why he pulled out 3 times, he got cold feet every time. The cardio, pressure, unpredictable unorthodox striking, dangerous guard and elbows from the bottom would’ve gave Khabib a lot of problems.

Khabib ragdolls current tony but prime Tony who still had speed and agility/athleticism could’ve won

Would've loved to see Rampage KO Tito. The leadup to that fight would have been hilarious!

Prime Tony was a horrible stylistic matchup for him which is why he pulled out 3 times, he got cold feet every time. The cardio, pressure, unpredictable unorthodox striking, dangerous guard and elbows from the bottom would’ve gave Khabib a lot of problems
I completely disagree with that opinion. Easy matchup for Khabib. He had no cold feet, that's silly to think that a professional fighter gets scared of fighting etc. Everywhere where Tony has a strength, Khabib has a bigger strength to match his weakness. Khabib's cardio is top notch, Tony's takedown defense is pretty weak, Tony's bottom game is really overrated and has been proved over and over and Khabib would have easily neutralized him at all facets of the grappling and just completely dominated him from the top. The only way for Tony to win this is to keep the fight standing, which would have been almost impossible against Khabib. I don't see any pathways for him to beat Khabib.

I completely disagree with that opinion. Easy matchup for Khabib. He had no cold feet, that's silly to think that a professional fighter gets scared of fighting etc. Everywhere where Tony has a strength, Khabib has a bigger strength to match his weakness. Khabib's cardio is top notch, Tony's takedown defense is pretty weak, Tony's bottom game is really overrated and has been proved over and over and Khabib would have easily neutralized him at all facets of the grappling and just completely dominated him from the top. The only way for Tony to win this is to keep the fight standing, which would have been almost impossible against Khabib. I don't see any pathways for him to beat Khabib.
Khabib would’ve been busted open from elbows and had been getting caught in all kinds of subs. You’re bringing up washed up tony getting dominated on the ground, prime Tony had good td defense and was dangerous on the ground

Khabib would’ve been busted open from elbows and had been getting caught in all kinds of subs. You’re bringing up washed up tony getting dominated on the ground, prime Tony had good td defense and was dangerous on the ground
there is really no proof of that at all. Khabib has never been even cut. Tony coudn't even stop Kevin Lee from taking him down and narrowly escaped a loss. As a big Tony fan (probably one of his biggest supporters here)....I just don't see a scenario where Tony could have done any damage at all, I see big holes in his game, his bottom game is extremely overrated, he is consistently gets dominated by anyone who has a semblance of a takedown and grappling. Khabib is literally the best grappler of all time at LW, Tony would have been just ragdolled with the rest.

Back