Social Dogs of Peace Maul Own Breeder To Death

Guns are more functional than pit bulls. You can't be this dumb.

They are.

But due to morons and lunatics they are statistically way more dangerous than dogs.

Thing they have in common is that they are both reasonably safe if you aren't careless and do things correctly

Other thing they have in common is that folks who want to ban them seem to want to do it more out of emotions than rational thought.

They are.

But due to morons and lunatics they are statistically way more dangerous than dogs.

Thing they have in common is that they are both reasonably safe if you aren't careless and do things correctly

Other thing they have in common is that folks who want to ban them seem to want to do it more out of emotions than rational thought.
See my earlier post. Most of the victims of dog attacks are children. CHILDREN. Bringing up guns is a strawman, plain and simple. Bringing up laws you don't agree with is a strawman. Show me what has been proved to have significant results in reducing attacks by pets and then just fucking do it already. If not, get rid of the fucking things before more kids die, because I'm totally anti-kids dying from preventable pet attacks. Aren't you?

See my earlier post. Most of the victims of dog attacks are children. CHILDREN. Bringing up guns is a strawman, plain and simple. Bringing up laws you don't agree with is a strawman. Show me what has been proved to have significant results in reducing attacks by pets and then just fucking do it already. If not, get rid of the fucking things before more kids die, because I'm totally anti-kids dying from preventable pet attacks. Aren't you?

No I'm not. I don't think you can take accidents down to zero and the only way you get that number to zero is to not have dogs around period. Dogs bite sometimes and people who want a big one or a working one will keep chosing those breeds. I also don't really think it's an issue so much as sometimes tragedy occurs.

We may not agree on much but I like your take on this subject

No I'm not. I don't think you can take accidents down to zero and the only way you get that number to zero is to not have dogs around period. Dogs bite sometimes and people who want a big one or a working one will keep chosing those breeds. I also don't really think it's an issue so much as sometimes tragedy occurs.
On 2023 alone ~800,000 people in the US were seriously injured or killed by dogs and the majority of them were children. Totally not an issue, ok.

Last edited:
We may not agree on much but I like your take on this subject
And I repeat, I'm not rabidly activist about this subject--I know I'm outnumbered by 100's of millions. I wouldn't even talk about it if not for this thread. But I don't get the logic that it's ok to let kids die from dog attacks because they really only happen here and there and there's just so many people who derive value from having big dogs.

We don't let kids chew on lead paint chips anymore. We mandate certain kinds of car seats and which seats in a vehicle kids can be seated in because of the risk of injury in motor vehicles. Everyone is so worried about looking out for children until it comes to the topic of dogs crushing their skulls or tearing their limbs off. I just don't fucking get it.

Out on the farm, sure, police dogs, certainly. But fuck the rest if it means dead kids.

I really don't fucking get it at all.

eh had a pit it was my favorite dog never close to any attacks for 12 years, had a bunch of other dogs they were all pretty good too. Like some people said, people who shouldn't have dogs and don't know how to raise them usually go for pits it's an image fad thing. The little dogs are more aggressive but harmless.

On 2023 alone ~800,000 people in the US were seriously injured or killed by dogs and the majority of them were children. Totally not an issue, ok.

Really big difference between 30/50 and 800,000 and I'm guessing a lot of those "serious injuries" aren't life altering. Then how many people? How many dogs that are going to be classified as pit dogs are out there ? And is that 800,000 all pit dogs or are they just taking all the heat for every dog in that 800,000 " serious" injuries ?

Really big difference between 30/50 and 800,000 and I'm guessing a lot of those "serious injuries" aren't life altering. Then how many people? How many dogs that are going to be classified as pit dogs are out there ? And is that 800,000 all pit dogs or are they just taking all the heat for every dog in that 800,000 " serious" injuries ?
Who are you to say if being attacked by a dog when you're a kid is life altering or not?

re: the bold text, I provided the data earlier. Fully 61 percent of all attacks are by pitbulls. Almost all the rest are other large breeds. But what is your point, exactly? If 50 kids a year are killed by pet dogs that's not bad?

I don't need to research them. I'm not the one asserting they're effective*. You are. Let's see some proof of that, hm?

*or not effective in the case of "bsl" laws, something I have never contradicted either
We've known for like 30 years that BSL bans aren't effective and that breed neutral restrictions are. You can start with some of the older literature and after you're done reading it we'll get to the newer stuff.

“Although multiple communities have been studied where breed-specific legislation has been enacted, no convincing data indicates this strategy has succeeded anywhere to date (Klaassen et al., 1996; Ott et al., 2007; Rosado, 2007). Conversely, studies can be referenced that evidence clear, positive effects of carefully crafted, breed-neutral laws (Bradley, 2006).”
Source (ASPCA)

“Repealing BSL has not resulted in more dog bites in these communities. In fact, after Ohio repealed its statewide breed-based law, State Farm Insurance reported a decrease in dog-related claims in the state.”
Source (Humane Society)

What you requested is below.

Klaassen, B., Buckley, J.R., Esmail, A., 1996. Does the Dangerous Dogs Act protect against animal attacks: a prospective study of mammalian bites in the Accident and Emergency department. Injury 27, 89-91.

Bradley, J., 2006. Dog Bites: Problems and Solutions. Animals and Society Institute, 11.

Ott, S.A., Schalke, E., von Gaertner, A.M., Hackbarth, H., 2007. Is there a difference? Comparison of golden retrievers and dogs affected by breed specific legislation regarding aggressive behavior. Journal of Veterinary Behavior 2, 92.

Rosado, B., Garci’a-Belenguer, S., Leo’n, M., Palacio, J., 2007. Spanish dangerous animals act: Effect on the epidemiology of dog bites. Journal of Veterinary Behavior: Clinical Applications 2, 166-174.

We've known for like 30 years that BSL bans aren't effective and that breed neutral restrictions are. You can start with some of the older literature and after you're done reading it we'll get to the newer stuff.

“Although multiple communities have been studied where breed-specific legislation has been enacted, no convincing data indicates this strategy has succeeded anywhere to date (Klaassen et al., 1996; Ott et al., 2007; Rosado, 2007). Conversely, studies can be referenced that evidence clear, positive effects of carefully crafted, breed-neutral laws (Bradley, 2006).”
Source (ASPCA)

“Repealing BSL has not resulted in more dog bites in these communities. In fact, after Ohio repealed its statewide breed-based law, State Farm Insurance reported a decrease in dog-related claims in the state.”
Source (Humane Society)

What you requested is below.

Klaassen, B., Buckley, J.R., Esmail, A., 1996. Does the Dangerous Dogs Act protect against animal attacks: a prospective study of mammalian bites in the Accident and Emergency department. Injury 27, 89-91.

Bradley, J., 2006. Dog Bites: Problems and Solutions. Animals and Society Institute, 11.

Ott, S.A., Schalke, E., von Gaertner, A.M., Hackbarth, H., 2007. Is there a difference? Comparison of golden retrievers and dogs affected by breed specific legislation regarding aggressive behavior. Journal of Veterinary Behavior 2, 92.

Rosado, B., Garci’a-Belenguer, S., Leo’n, M., Palacio, J., 2007. Spanish dangerous animals act: Effect on the epidemiology of dog bites. Journal of Veterinary Behavior: Clinical Applications 2, 166-174.
You really have reading comprehension problems. You should see someone about that.

You really have reading comprehension problems. You should see someone about that.
Let's look at that 2007 study I referenced above. It studied Golden Retrievers vs the restricted breeds and whether there were any differences in aggressive behavior. I'll quote their conclusion since you have the attention span of a gnat.

Conclusion​

In this research project, no significant differences in the occurrence of aggressive behavior in inappropriate situations were found when comparing golden retrievers and 6 dog breeds affected by legislation. Therefore, assuming that certain dog breeds are especially dangerous and imposing controls on them cannot be ethologically justified. Consequently, legislation in Lower Saxony was changed, and breed lists were withdrawn.

Such catty female feline energy, all because you won't read his facts. So deflect,project, & attack.

Are you sure you aren't part pITbUlL with all this lashing out???

The dude is honestly trying to have a good faith discussion with you.

Such catty female feline energy, all because you won't read his facts. So deflect,project, & attack.

Are you sure you aren't part pITbUlL with all this lashing out???

The dude is honestly trying to have a good faith discussion with you.
If either of you are trying you're failing miserably.
Let's look at that 2007 study I referenced above. It studied Golden Retrievers vs the restricted breeds and whether there were any differences in aggressive behavior. I'll quote their conclusion since you have the attention span of a gnat.
You referenced a bunch of studies on why BSL laws are useless; how nice.

But I asked you this,
"I'm not the one asserting they're effective*. You are. Let's see some proof of that, hm?"

I was clearly referring to your mention of "breed neutral laws" or whatever term you used. Where's the data that shows they're effective? In what states, having struck down other laws, have they already enacted these laws, based upon what reasoning, and what affect have they had?

From the start you both have been constantly trying to excuse these attacks by moving the goal posts to talk about how bsl laws are so bad they should not exist. Fine. Take that as a given, I don't give a shit.

I want to see the data showing where effective change has occurred and an explanation for why it hasn't been adopted everywhere if you want me to believe we shouldn't just get rid of them all.

They are.

I'd say another inherent difference is that there really isn't a reasonable substitute for the functional purposes of a gun. There are absolutely substitutes for any of the objectively positive things that a pit bull (or any offshoot/mixed breeds that have the same fighting/killing traits bred into them).

If Pits/pit mixes weren't so readily available and cheap, the majority of the shitty owners that get them simply to "look tough" wouldn't have a dog at all. There isn't a cheap alternative that gives them the same thing that they're looking for.

I'd say another inherent difference is that there really isn't a reasonable substitute for the functional purposes of a gun. There are absolutely substitutes for any of the objectively positive things that a pit bull (or any offshoot/mixed breeds that have the same fighting/killing traits bred into them).

If Pits/pit mixes weren't so readily available and cheap, the majority of the shitty owners that get them simply to "look tough" wouldn't have a dog at all. There isn't a cheap alternative that gives them the same thing that they're looking for.

Good point. You want a mastiff, 2k.
Most of these nightmarish dog owners don't wanna pay that

But I asked you this,
"I'm not the one asserting they're effective*. You are. Let's see some proof of that, hm?"

I was clearly referring to your mention of "breed neutral laws" or whatever term you used. Where's the data that shows they're effective? In what states, having struck down other laws, have they already enacted these laws, based upon what reasoning, and what affect have they had?

From the start you both have been constantly trying to excuse these attacks by moving the goal posts to talk about how bsl laws are so bad they should not exist. Fine. Take that as a given, I don't give a shit.

I want to see the data showing where effective change has occurred and an explanation for why it hasn't been adopted everywhere if you want me to believe we shouldn't just get rid of them all.
No you don't. You just ignorantly don't like a certain classification of dog & have little to no animal husbandry knowledge. Your closed narrow mind is made up. You dont like or fear something, so you want to use your authoritarian nature to punish or deprive both man & beast.

A goalpost move is when you looked at the low overall #s for fatal alleged breed specific dog attacks that shows its not a huge issue or problem in America ------> then you moved the goal post to "oh well it should be an impossible # like 0" -------> now you're conflating it into non fatal incidents with children.

Plenty of less regulated things that lead to way more death or serious injury than puppy ownership. @ look up your own data.

But I asked you this,

Did you not read any of what I posted? Ohio went breed neutral last year and dog bite-related insurance claims have already gone down according to State Farm. They're just the latest example. We know that bans that target by breed simply do not work. States are now banning it statewide and are replacing it with breed neutral laws. Half of the US now uses them.

Back