Media Strickland doesn't think Navy Seals can last a week training with him; Navy Seal reacts

Strickland says a lot of interesting things but this one was way off base.

If you think Sean could just walk in and complete Hell Week because of his MMA training, you’re delusional. Physically, he likely could endure. But the mental? This is a guy that cries on a podcast over childhood trauma and acts like a snowflake when someone brings it up.
The hardest thing to mentally endure in MMA is weight cutting and that is nothing compared to what SEALS are forced to endure during Hell week.
i never made that argument, you're responding to your own arguments in your head. i'm saying a SEAL wouldn't / can't hang with Sean for a week.

8ohfho9RxO1MoWYB5nwXudINJprdPRk8L15WCKbuNr4OI2O0t92zBXxNdo84euFuUUoBglInU-MazQNP7k0RqSC569DaSlKVkwBrRA
{<jimmies}

i never made that argument, you're responding to your own arguments in your head. i'm saying a SEAL wouldn't / can't hang with Sean for a week.
The singer or the ones that go arrr arrr arr? I personally think a walrus could easily hang.

The singer or the ones that go arrr arrr arr? I personally think a walrus could easily hang.
the ones that run up on dudes with rocks. they wouldn't last a week in MMA training with a former MW UFC champion. not at all. they'd have concussions everyday.

I would be highly interested in seeing if Sean could survive the entirety of BUD/S.

It's not just "Hell Week" which most people think of when it comes to Navy SEALS, it's 6 months of hardcore intense training.

Hell Week is the 3rd week of Phase 1 and there are two more phases after that.

It's possible he could make it, but according to several former SEAL instructors sometimes the ones you think are going to make it are the ones who do not.

My old man was a seal or UDT rather (in those days same thing) . The stories I have heard about the things he had to go through in his training its laughable I mean hysterically laughable Strickland thinks his Training is much harder.

Strickland rings the bell in under a week

I saw something on the History Channel (I think) where the first thing they had to do was tread water in a circle for 45 minutes while passing around a medicine ball. That would disqualify of 100% of Sherdoggers lol.

I would be highly interested in seeing if Sean could survive the entirety of BUD/S.

It's not just "Hell Week" which most people think of when it comes to Navy SEALS, it's 6 months of hardcore intense training.

Hell Week is the 3rd week of Phase 1 and there are two more phases after that.

It's possible he could make it, but according to several former SEAL instructors sometimes the ones you think are going to make it are the ones who do not.
Sean is an emotional infant

Seal training: Cardio, strength, cold

Their muscles aren't trained for hours of throwing punches and wrestling. And they certainly can't go 50 minutes sparring with Strickland a day.
So unless the seal trains mma on the side, he is totally fucked.

Sean has cardio and strength for days, but if he ain't a good swimmer, he would have the same problems at the seals.

95% in this thread never trained a day of mma in their life but talk big.

no SEAL would last a week training MMA with Sean Strickland. Just because you can carry boats in ocean water, swim, and run a lot, that doesn't actually equate to high level striking, sparring, wrestling, bjj. Lol. In what world does a navy seal show up to train with the guy who beat Izzy for five rounds straight, even last on the feet for more than 3 minutes? fight training is totally different, doing it at the highest levels is totally different, and in no way is sean strickland wrong. No SEAL, most MMA fighters wouldn't be able to last. Their not just going to pull striking acuity out of their ass just because they carried a boat in cold ocean water. Shit makes no sense.

I saw something on the History Channel (I think) where the first thing they had to do was tread water in a circle for 45 minutes while passing around a medicine ball. That would disqualify of 100% of Sherdoggers lol.
Wait, Sherdoggers can't swim?

I know he’s not a “normal” special operator as he also extensively trained/competed MMA, but IMO put Sean and Tim Kennedy in any “only one walks out alive” scenarios, with anything you like (bare hands, blades, guns, chairs, chainsaws, whatever) and it’s Tim that walks out 10/10 times.

Sean couldn't mentally handle sitting front stage at a standup comedy show.

Hollywood taught me that green berets and navy seals are the toughest, most skilled hand to hand men in the world.

Back