Social Outrage over Maine lavishing $34M on 'Taj Mahal' apartments for asylum seekers and welcoming 75,000 newcomers this decade while leaving veterans and h

Easy - Expedite the asylum applications in months rather than years and then just deport them.
Cool. Where do you house them in the meantime, and how would you expedite the process and maintain due process?
If you don't claim asylum at the border then you should not be able to try and claim it if you are caught.

We are talking ileagls they have no right to be in this country. Deport them. No jobs, no nothing other the emergency medical care only.
You realize you can't just like...deport thousands of folks within 24 hours? I love you're most likely skeptical of government's ability to do things efficiently, but nope, this is definitely the one thing the government can do at the drop of the hat. Sure.
they don't just appear here, they went through other countries they should stay in

sorry, no vacancies
I hate to break it to you, but that's not how treaty obligations work. So unless you think the US should just say fuck it, and arbitrarily ignore treaties and thus weaken its own international standing, you should probably touch grass and think about how the world actually operates, instead of just regurgitating talking points from your echo chamber.

Cool. Where do you house them in the meantime, and how would you expedite the process and maintain due process?

You realize you can't just like...deport thousands of folks within 24 hours? I love you're most likely skeptical of government's ability to do things efficiently, but nope, this is definitely the one thing the government can do at the drop of the hat. Sure.

I hate to break it to you, but that's not how treaty obligations work. So unless you think the US should just say fuck it, and arbitrarily ignore treaties and thus weaken its own international standing, you should probably touch grass and think about how the world actually operates, instead of just regurgitating talking points from your echo chamber.

I didn't say it could be done in 24 hours. They can get shelter food and whatever when they turn themselves in to be deported.

I hate to break it to you, but that's not how treaty obligations work. So unless you think the US should just say fuck it, and arbitrarily ignore treaties and thus weaken its own international standing, you should probably touch grass and think about how the world actually operates, instead of regurgitating talking points from your echo chamber.
yes it is, first safe country

they aren't migrants, they are illegal immigrants. they certainly are not asylum seekers. they are coming for free shit. how many have you taken in?

They could have asked for asylum at one of the countries they traveled through. They are considered safe countries. Since they passed through these safe countries we have the right to refuse asylum.

Where does the country house their homeless population?

No matter what you think, it's a pretty bad look to have migrants stepping over the nation's homeless population, to get to their comped posh hotel rooms. It almost looks like the current powers that be, care more about them than their own citizens...

So no due process and instant violation of some rather important treaties the US is party to.

How exactly do you plan to instantly know whether or not someone is here illegally or has a claim to asylum and a myriad other complexities?
they aren't citizens, where does it say they are granted due process?

So no due process and instant violation of some rather important treaties the US is party to.

How exactly do you plan to instantly know whether or not someone is here illegally or has a claim to asylum and a myriad other complexities?
If they walked across the US/Mexico border and they’re not from Mexico, then they don’t have a claim to asylum. Unless they have paperwork from each country they passed through en route to the USA proving that they were denied asylum.
So yes, you can know “instantly” if you’re choosing to follow the law.

I didn't say it could be done in 24 hours. They can get shelter food and whatever when they turn themselves in to be deported.
Which is where?
yes it is, first safe country

they aren't migrants, they are illegal immigrants. they certainly are not asylum seekers. they are coming for free shit. how many have you taken in?
You mean the policy that a judge ruled illegal and put on hold?
they aren't citizens, where does it say they are granted due process?
You realize countries offer due process to citizens of other nations for some very obvious reasons? Due process doesn't magically end at citizenship.
Where does the country house their homeless population?

No matter what you think, it's a pretty bad look to have migrants stepping over the nation's homeless population, to get to their comped posh hotel rooms. It almost looks like the current powers that be, care more about them than their own citizens...
Streets generally, because most cities tend to pussyfoot and not address homelessness head on.

I bet you'd be complaining too if homeless folks were housed on the government dime in hotels as well.

And the main crux of the homeless problem is Americans don't want to face the problem, they don't want to build more housing.

Which is where?

You mean the policy that a judge ruled illegal and put on hold?

You realize countries offer due process to citizens of other nations for some very obvious reasons? Due process doesn't magically end at citizenship.

Streets generally, because most cities tend to pussyfoot and not address homelessness head on.

I bet you'd be complaining too if homeless folks were housed on the government dime in hotels as well.

And the main crux of the homeless problem is Americans don't want to face the problem, they don't want to build more housing.
I mean all international laws

first safe country

If they walked across the US/Mexico border and they’re not from Mexico, then they don’t have a claim to asylum. Unless they have paperwork from each country they passed through en route to the USA proving that they were denied asylum.
So yes, you can know “instantly” if you’re choosing to follow the law.
This is not international law. You are conflating federal policy that was tossed out by the courts with it.

I think it's quite telling here that for all the complaints about asylum seekers, no one has pointed out the need to hire more judges and legal representatives to speed up the process.

No shit. Odd how they can pull funding for shelter out of their asses for non-citizens though...
That's a nice strawman deflection, but no, I don't believe homelessness should even exist in prosperous western nations, except for the truly hopeless population of drug addicts and mentally ill. Even then, they should have the funds for non-nightmarish asylums to house them.
That's not "Americans". That's the government. What, do you think citizens are all cool with the government magically finding the money to house migrants, but not the homeless?

You don't have to defend every little fucked up thing, just because Democrats are in control.

No shit. Odd how they can pull funding for shelter out of their asses for non-citizens though...
Because the funding is coming from the federal government, not the state or city. The pitiful lack of homeless shelters isn't due to a lack of money, it's a lack of political will locally.
That's a nice strawman deflection, but no, I don't believe homelessness should even exist in prosperous western nations, except for the truly hopeless population of drug addicts and mentally ill. Even then, they should have the funds for non-nightmarish asylums to house them.
They do. Cities routinely block the use of these funds.
That's not "Americans". That's the government. What, do you think citizens are all cool with the government magically finding the money to house migrants, but not the homeless?

You don't have to defend every little fucked up thing, just because Democrats are in control.
You're an idiot. Me criticizing many cities and their residents for their failure to build adequate housing or shelters for homeless is an implicitly criticism of Democrats, as well as Republicans.

You might understand some of the nuances of these complex issues if you weren't a dull Canadian doing their best impression of an ignorant American.

Because the funding is coming from the federal government, not the state or city. The pitiful lack of homeless shelters isn't due to a lack of money, it's a lack of political will locally.
And who "willed" the money for these migrants?

You're an idiot. Me criticizing many cities and their residents for their failure to build adequate housing or shelters for homeless is an implicitly criticism of Democrats, as well as Republicans.

You might understand some of the nuances of these complex issues if you weren't a dull Canadian doing their best impression of an ignorant American.
There is nothing complex about ignoring the homeless issue, but miraculously finding the funds to house migrants. They're just picking and choosing. Don't give me this "nuance" shit, like it's a unique American issue. You're just mad and spazzing out, because you can't make it make sense, and you know it looks fucking terrible for your sacred Democrats.

There is nothing complex about ignoring the homeless issue, but miraculously finding the funds to house migrants. They're just picking and choosing. Don't give me this "nuance" shit, like it's a unique American issue. You're just mad and spazzing out, because you can't make it make sense.
Again, homeless is not a problem due to a lack of funding. How exactly do you think there is a lack of funding to fight homelessness?
And who "willed" the money for these migrants?
The federal government in a bid to comply with international law and chip away at a rather longstanding and complex issue.

Which clause states it?
everything about it

do you understand history? how old are you? I'm guessing late 20s. you don't even understand how you, a chinese ball sucker hates Japan, even though you do

everything about it
This is how I know you've never actually read the agreement. There is no requirement in the agreement for asylum seekers to apply in the first country they reach. In fact, that's not even mentioned at all.

On the other hand, Mexico does not have a safe third country agreement with the US, and it also fails to meet the standards US law sets out for qualifying as a safe third country.

Try reading the treaties you cite next time before so proudly and incorrectly being wrong.
you don't even understand how you, a chinese ball sucker hates Japan, even though you do
What the fuck are you even on about.

This is how I know you've never actually read the agreement. There is no requirement in the agreement for asylum seekers to apply in the first country they reach. In fact, that's not even mentioned at all.

On the other hand, Mexico does not have a safe third country agreement with the US, and it also fails to meet the standards US law sets out for qualifying as a safe third country.

Try reading the treaties you cite next time before so proudly and incorrectly being wrong.

What the fuck are you even on about.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada–United_States_Safe_Third_Country_Agreement

hes a simp for China

do you even Sherdog?

Back