All Time GOAT poll

Anderson never cowardly ducked Chael when he was champion.

Picos, after pulsing picos, show the ufc and usada were legit.
<{katwhu}>

You can't question science or what USADA actually documented right :D

There's not exactly true objectivity to the question. Of course, the more wins and less losses you have, the competition you fought, various stats and streaks, whatever, it does all play into it. But it is ultimately subjective, bc some of those details hold more weight to one person than they do for another. Some people here flat out don't care about the extracurriculars, and they're solely sold on what they see the fighter do in the cage. It's fine. Ultimately it's just your personal opinion, who you feel exemplifies greatness in accordance with your own personal definition of greatness. Jones ain't it for me, I'm team Fedor, but I don't hate anyone who chooses Jones. No one is getting an award or a belt for it, they're not getting a GOAT pension. The only real outcome from these debates is separating the truly great legends of the sports from the rest. There will never be a consensus GOAT, but we do have consensus "in the conversation" fighters, we know who are the truly respected and lauded names.

Honest question to Jones fans. I am done arguing with you guys and if in the face of all the evidence , if you still support your boy so be it .

But if sherdog is to represent a microcosm of the world wide MMA community, I believe it is safe to say that half of this community does not believe Jones to be goat due to PED usage.

Don't you all thing that you would at least need a majority of people to believe a fighter is goat before designating this label to him/her?

Doesn't it bother you at all that Jones does not have that support of the MMA community?
If the sticky poll is something to go by. Since 2019 with almost 6500 votes. Only 23% have voted for him being the GOAT. That’s not even 1/4.

He will NEVER be seen as being the GOAT.

And literally 100% of the people that voted in the sticky poll know that Jones is a serial cheater. But 23% don’t care because they have no morals.

But Jones will never even pass Fedor. Let alone GSP. Imagine cheating and still being nothing higher than 3rd place. How embarrassing.

95% of statistics quoted on the internet are made up on the spot.

Now you've changed the framing. This is a greatest of all time discussion. You threw out Lance Armstrong and Barry Bonds, implying that they are would-be GOATs in their respective sports if it wasn't for PED use. Now you have narrowed it to greatest power hitter of all time. That's a different argument and makes your initial comparison unequivocal. Similar to comparing pre-testing fighters' careers to those who were tested regularly. Pointless argument though, as these always are. Eliminate Jones from the GOAT discussion. Crown your GOAT and let's all just move on haha
I don’t have a goat nor would I even suggest there’s a goat baseball player considering the many different aspects of baseball. Does a pitcher qualify? Then it’s Ryan or is he just the goat pitcher? Plus team sports vs individual sports is kind of a problem. But I say bonds is a goat then you should know the category in which we speak. Anyway, while Jones won after the testing there were controversial wins and less than stellar performances. Which I think weakens the case for Jones. But there’s no denying he is the greatest fighter ever utilizing his length advantage. It’s unreal the control he had in his limbs. And his fight iq is also at the top of not the top. The crazy thing is he’s not even the goat screwup tho. That’s Murray lol.

How can only 50% think he's a cheater? He's failed for 3 different PEDs. He literally hid under a ring to avoid a drug test.

I don’t have a goat nor would I even suggest there’s a goat baseball player considering the many different aspects of baseball. Does a pitcher qualify? Then it’s Ryan or is he just the goat pitcher? Plus team sports vs individual sports is kind of a problem. But I say bonds is a goat then you should know the category in which we speak. Anyway, while Jones won after the testing there were controversial wins and less than stellar performances. Which I think weakens the case for Jones. But there’s no denying he is the greatest fighter ever utilizing his length advantage. It’s unreal the control he had in his limbs. And his fight iq is also at the top of not the top. The crazy thing is he’s not even the goat screwup tho. That’s Murray lol.
I've been known to be unnecessarily petty lmao. I agree 100% with your Jones assessment. PED use just isn't a non-qualifier for me personally. Regarding your other valid points, the top guys with maybe the exception of Khabib had losses and/or close calls. And even Khabib had the strength of competition blemish.

Lee Murray at least gave us some ridiculous stories. Mayhem Miller is probably my chief fuckup haha

Reactions: Yep
The fact that you had to make a pole crying about it says it all lmfao

50 percent? Lmfao COPE

More Like .05 percent lmfaooo

Most mma fans say Jon is the undisputed goat including me and that's how it should be. Its over.

How can only 50% think he's a cheater? He's failed for 3 different PEDs. He literally hid under a ring to avoid a drug test.
50 percent of mma fans don't even think that lmfao 100 percent know he is 99.95% are willing to say it.

50 percent of mma fans don't even think that lmfao 100 percent know he is 99.95
on the fence about it. i do think him cheating put him at an unfair advantage because nobody he fought ever tested positive when they fought him. on the other hand, i know professional sports and i would not be shocked if his opponents were on something too. the other part that can't be denied is, we all saw him beat the fuck out of the vast majority of his opponents. even DC counts his KO loss to Jon as a loss and not a NC.

but the logical and simple answer to your question is: he can be the GOAT to anyone because it is a made up unofficial title that has no standards or rules that must be followed and there is no widely accepted system that can be referred to when arguing who is a "GOAT". nearly everything about this title is heavily opinionated and of personal preference.

the GOAT for me is Fedor Emelianenko, and i do not care what anyone has to say because their opinions on the matter mean nothing to me.
I'm Vitor fucking Belfort? Ufc 152?

Well by your own logic Jon Jones didn't test positive against any fighter prior to 2016. So all of those as well as the fights he didn't test positive for when he fought them in the USADA era he's vindicated.

Uh...no? Why risk his career using PEDs if he doesn't need them?

The mental gymnastics here. Sheesh.
Because it's a pro sport and other people are stronger them so instead of being an advantage it makes the playing gield level, it's not rocket science no mental gymnastics needed just take your biased nerd glasses off and think for a change.

I have always hated that narrative.

The whole “he never needed them, he would have won anyway”.

If this fella was juicing since his early 20’s, with one of the most advantageous physiques in the history of combat, how can we start assuming that he would have just always been great.

Would he have a worse gas tank? Less speed? Less explosiveness?

It’s impossible to know.
Since his early 20s?

Proof or this is reportable.

Jon will go down as one of the most gifted fighters most of us will see in most our lifetimes in terms of physical talents and fight IQ, but he will never be considered the GOAT because he is a roiding cheat.
Simple as.

Yes, you most certainly can. But here in reality, we use actual failed drug tests as evidence for claims, not "Well, muh everyone was on roids at the time!" Really? Then it's Jon's stupid ass fault he got caught and destroyed his legacy. Only 5 of those 20 names are in GOAT contention anyway.
He's already considered goat and until someone does a better body of work in the sport(never) he will be spoken of as such forever since we have quality footage of his carrer.

How can you be a goat candidate when you were only tested for peds once during your prime and you fought in a league where fixed fights were a common occurrence? How can you be goat when a 2nd chance old fighter knocks you out and takes your belt?

I dunno you just can

I am pretty sure almost 100% of the community think he is a cheat. the 50% just dont care.

To consider him goat you must believe everyone is on steroids and it's pure coincidence he has failed more ped tests than anyone in the history of the sport.

Takes a special kind.

Then view his extensive collection of failed tests in the context of the UFC doing what ever they can to keep him fighting, and you have to wonder if he wasn't their chosen one how much shit we would have heard.
Takes a special kind lmfao the irony of your projection

It takes a special kind to think anyone especially durring Jons prime in the ufc is clean

Back