Opinion Climate denial has shifted to Climate doomerism

Again, you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. You say youd prepare for Hurricanes, but it's always people like you who think you know more than people who study these fields who would always downplay severity until it happened. Given your general anti-Government, anti-science sentiment, I see no reason to think you'd actually listen when told youd need to evacuate leading into a storm. Unless you're not as stupid as you're advertising and are just being an internet tough guy.

The term was definitely changed because idiots couldnt comprehend that rise in global average temperature causes extreme weather events of varying types.

So, like that other guy who proved himself wrong already, your problem is you dont like the terms? If someone says atmospheric river you get all souped-up? It's the same thing as a cloud band. A long string of storm clouds, and it's not a new term. Atmospheric rivers bring heavy rain and flooding, so an increase in them, brings an increase in both.

And yes people want you to be aware of changes in weather patterns...climate...change. That area in central America I highlighted earlier isnt getting LESS rainfall than normal, it's getting unpredictable rainfall that's ruining crops. Your State is responsible for over 10% of the U.S. food supply. Crop failure happens there and millions of people become food insecure.

I'm not advertising anything and I'm not being an internet tough guy. You're projecting all those things on to me. What I do is use common sense. The government lies to us every day. Hell, they employ someone to stand on the podium to lie to us every day. Therefore I do not trust the government. Simple as that. You wouldn't trust your spouse if they lied to you every day but you trust the government. I'm the one that uses common sense here. You do not.

I know from real world experience that Florida experiences hurricanes so I would prepare and evacuate like any sane person because I don't think that standing out in my front yard with an American flag, a can of Coors and a shotgun while trying to prove how tough I am in a hurricane would be a good idea.

You're missing the point in that these terms are being propagandized. The news is making average storms seem potentially catastrophic by calling them atmospheric rivers instead of rain. The same types of weather you experienced as a kid is still happening today, yet it's labeled differently now and they have you hook, line and sinker because now you're worried about the same shit people have been dealing with since the beginning of time. Wake up. You've been hooked by propaganda again.

The link is the government really wants to implement a new crisis on you so they have scientists searching high and low to find reasons to scare you out of your money and rights. It worked very well during covid and it'll work very well with this issue and any other future issue they use to take advantage of you.

It's simple confirmation bias. You're very afraid of climate change, we know this, so any and all studies that confirm that the climate is a huge danger to us is going to ring 100% true to you and any and all studies that say it's not as big of a deal as you're making it out to be will be dismissed. Think covid and apply it to this. It's the same scam from a practical standpoint. Only difference is they haven't used the power of the government to remove us from our money and rights yet.

So, the government wants to implement a new crisis so they're using climate change, but the government has been ignoring climate scientists for the last 40+ years on the topic, and haven't done anything of any real meaning in regards to climate change. Ya, that makes a whole lot of sense.

So, the government wants to implement a new crisis so they're using climate change, but the government has been ignoring climate scientists for the last 40+ years on the topic, and haven't done anything of any real meaning in regards to climate change. Ya, that makes a whole lot of sense.

It makes perfect sense from a monetary standpoint. If you can require everyone in your country to all have to buy something, you're going to be insanely rich. Remember the covid vaccine?

EV mandates are going to be the next version of this. Getting everyone out of their gas powered cars and into EVs will sufficiently separate us from our money and land us in an inferior product that will then cause the next crisis, the power grid, to fail and will then start the whole scam cycle over again.

Ever heard of catalytic converters? Take a look at pictures of major cities before and after catalytic converters and you'll see what can happen when simple innovation and creativity is used to solve problems.

Given that you have trivial and completely incorrect understanding of the issue, I'll continue to listen to the actual scientists on the subject, but you can continue to be ignorant if you want.

Also, despite what you guys believe, the solution to this problem doesn't really involve everyday people handing over money or rights. In fact, most of the solutions would improve the lives of everyday people. The scam is you being convinced of that nonsense so you'll continue to vote against your best interests.
The main thing is that it's cold where I live now and it's going to get warmer so I think it's a good thing.

lol.

The name was changed because dipsh*its was say "how could it be WARMING when I feel COLD!?!?" Lol And here you are suggesting the same thing, because you'll absolutely refuse to give a f*ck about worsening weather events until they effect you.

The name change was because the hockey stick graphs predicting the perpetual rise in global temperatures were proven to be bullshit, by time.

Remember 'The Pause?' I doubt it because propagandistic news outlets were completely ignoring the number of years there was no meaningful change in global temperatures.

So, rather than give up the grift, 'global warming' was changed to 'Climate Change,' which was actually brilliant because the climate is always changing regardless of humans existence on the planet.

Temperatures rising? That's climate change.
Temperatures lowering? That's climate change.
See that hurricane? It wouldn't be there if not for climate change.
Artic blast across 80% of North America? Wow, we must have done some fucked up shit to the climate recently for it to get this pissed off.
Climate change is effecting women, minorities, and the poor the most.
Covid-19 wouldn't have been so bad if not for climate change.
George Floyd would still be alive, but climate change...

Its an Inconvenient Truth that Climate Change is one of those issues that guage how gullible an individual is. If a child spouts the propaganda its because they heard it in school and want to 'make a difference.' If an adult spouts it they're either on the payroll or a gullible fool.

It makes perfect sense from a monetary standpoint. If you can require everyone in your country to all have to buy something, you're going to be insanely rich. Remember the covid vaccine?

EV mandates are going to be the next version of this. Getting everyone out of their gas powered cars and into EVs will sufficiently separate us from our money and land us in an inferior product that will then cause the next
crisis, the power grid, to fail and will then start the whole scam cycle over again.

Ever heard of catalytic converters? Take a look at pictures of major cities before and after catalytic converters and you'll see what can happen when simple innovation and creativity is used to solve problems.

Dude, listen to what you're saying. You're claiming the government made this issue up so that they could force people to do things, but scientists have been telling the government to do something about this issue for well over 40 years, and the government hasn't done anything. That makes zero sense.

Did 'the government' concoct this story back in the 80s, then tell scientists to spend 40 years generating fake data, with the plan to do something about it at some unknown later date? When exactly is the government going to enact all these measures of control that require me to spend money and reduce my freedom? Given that scientists have been telling them to do something about it for decades, why are they waiting?

Dude, listen to what you're saying. You're claiming the government made this issue up so that they could force people to do things, but scientists have been telling the government to do something about this issue for well over 40 years, and the government hasn't done anything. That makes zero sense.

Did 'the government' concoct this story back in the 80s, then tell scientists to spend 40 years generating fake data, with the plan to do something about it at some unknown later date? When exactly is the government going to enact all these measures of control that require me to spend money and reduce my freedom? Given that scientists have been telling them to do something about it for decades, why are they waiting?

40 years of data and the world is basically the exact same other than less pollution due to transportation innovation. It's not an emergency, not even close. It's just people tricking you into thinking there is a crisis happening.

If you want to live in abject fear of normal up and down weather patterns, then be my guest. I'll go on living a happy life and you can go on stressing out about the sky. I mean it's no wonder people these days have so many issues with anxiety.

The people in office are the real danger here. Not the weather.

40 years of data and the world is basically the exact same other than less pollution due to transportation innovation. It's not an emergency, not even close. It's just people tricking you into thinking there is a crisis happening.

If you want to live in abject fear of normal up and down weather patterns, then be my guest. I'll go on living a happy life and you can go on stressing out about the sky. I mean it's no wonder people these days have so many issues with anxiety.

You choosing not to give a f*ck about the ways the world is different doesn't mean it's the same.

So, you're just going to completely ignore the fact that your reasoning here makes zero sense?

And, the world is not exactly the same - just because you're completely ignorant to the changes, doesn't mean they're not happening.

The name change was because the hockey stick graphs predicting the perpetual rise in global temperatures were proven to be bullshit, by time.

Wut

AnnualPlot-2023-1-1024x564.png

Just an FYI, Mexico City is already repurposing water (flushing their toilets with water they bathed in) and there is suspicion that they're much closer to day 0 than they're saying. It's the largest City with nearly 10 million people:

Now, of course, you'll find some reason to mentally backflip into being dismissive of this, but without water people die. And they'd much rather risk getting killed crossing other people's imaginary lines in dirt for even the chance of survival than resign to a slow death of thirst and starvation due to crop failure.

NPR is essentially a trans network. As far away from reality as a woman’s penis

So, you're just going to completely ignore the fact that your reasoning here makes zero sense?

And, the world is not exactly the same - just because you're completely ignorant to the changes, doesn't mean they're not happening.

My reasoning is fine. They're scamming us and amplifying the problem to make it seem like it's a crisis.

None of us would even really recognize a difference in weather patterns if not for their reporting on it.

You can go on being scared of the sky and I'll go on living my life just fine. In the end, the weather will be a non issue and the only thing that will have fucked us over will be our own politicians.

You choosing not to give a f*ck about the ways the world is different doesn't mean it's the same.

Nice. Sit on the sidelines and then nitpick some random sentence. Good job there. You can go back to being afraid of the sky now.

My reasoning is fine. They're scamming us and amplifying the problem to make it seem like it's a crisis.

None of us would even really recognize a difference in weather patterns if not for their reporting on it.

You can go on being scared of the sky and I'll go on living my life just fine. In the end, the weather will be a non issue and the only thing that will have fucked us over will be our own politicians.

Nice. Sit on the sidelines and then nitpick some random sentence. Good job there. You can go back to being afraid of the sky now.

You are correct that you're being scammed, its just that you don't have the cognitive abilities to see who is scamming you.

Wow... so the last 100 years the global temperatures have risen a whopping... 1.4 Celsius.

And yes, 'the pause' was that 2008-11 years there was no measurable increase, as that graph represents. Which was around the time the term 'global warming' was dropped and 'climate change' was adopted.

Thank you for proving my point.

<JackieThumbsUp>

Wow... so the last 100 years the global temperatures have risen a whopping... 1.4 Celsius.

And yes, 'the pause' was that 2008-11 years there was no measurable increase, as that graph represents. Which was around the time the term 'global warming' was dropped and 'climate change' was adopted.

Thank you for proving my point.

<JackieThumbsUp>

No, that's not when it was changed - hell the IPCC (what do you think the CC stands for?) was formed in the 80s. And, yes, that's a pretty big difference in temperature, considering the global average had been pretty stable for the last 10,000 or so years. Its insane how you guys are wrong about literally every aspect of this topic.

No, that's not when it was changed - hell the IPCC (what do you think the CC stands for?) was formed in the 80s. And, yes, that's a pretty big difference in temperature, considering the global average had been pretty stable for the last 10,000 or so years. Its insane how you guys are wrong about literally every aspect of this topic.

I didn't say the term was coined during 'the pause,' I said the term 'global warming' was dropped in favor of 'climate change' during 'the pause.'

Actually no, that isn't a big difference in global temperature. The climate changes constantly and geological evidence from millions of years ago proves this... unless you deny the existence of the planet's ice age.

And there's no evidence human activity contributed to any, or significant, changes in the whole planet's climate.

Who cares? The Sun will become a red giant anyway and nothing humanity does matters in the grand scheme of things.

You are correct that you're being scammed, its just that you don't have the cognitive abilities to see who is scamming you.

My cognitive abilities are just fine. Common sense wins out on common sense issues.

I'm sure 30 years ago there were two guys just like us having the exact same discussion somewhere where one guy was thinking that we were on the cusp of a great disaster and famine while the other guy was saying that everything seems like it's just fine.

Fast forward 30 years and we're still all okay.

Back