*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

That punch would have flattened anyone on the planet.

It's got nothing to do with the level of Frank's chin.
I think that's beside the point. A KO like that is the type to crack a chin. I'm sure the punch Rashad landed on Chuck would knock anyone out on the planet, but Chuck's chin certainly was never even close to the same after eating it.

I still think Fury planned to let Ngonenow coast that fight. He clearly didnt take him serious at all, and probably didn't even train for that fight. Might as well been a exibition.
Fury is kind of an unorthodox fighter who likes to use his size to manhandle people. When he couldnt do that against Francis,he just got flustered and puzzled. He clinched with him and was like,well..FUCK.

AJ is like more of a normal tech boxer and simply exploited all the holes and tendencies Francis has. Also when Francis was hurt,he's too inexperienced to use the ring after he got dropped to replenish his energy.\

When he got up after the second time,he wasnt ready at all to get smashed back down. Its just not enough experience.

Yes his chin is never going to be the same again after that. Suddenly that 6'8 260lb guy with power than PFL want Ngannou to fight looks like a somewhat legit opponent.

Reactions: lsa
I think that's beside the point. A KO like that is the type to crack a chin. I'm sure the punch Rashad landed on Chuck would knock anyone out on the planet, but Chuck's chin certainly was never even close to the same after eating it.
Ngonenow was sprawled out on the canvas for awhile too. I thought they were gonna have to take him out on a stretcher. Even the Commentators first thought they were going to carry him out once they got him up..

Just a reminder that boxing still pays way more money to their top athletes than MMA. Any MMA fighter would transition to boxing given the chance. Money is what moves fighters - no one likes to be punched in the face for free. Only reason most of them won't even try is because they know they have a very low probability of being successful.

It's hard to believe that some people were really thinking Ngannou could be a top boxer because he was competitive against a washed up, untrained Tyson in a single exhibition fight. Give him the top 50 boxers in HW today and I wouldn't be surprised at all if he went 0-50.

Last edited:
Dude's chin is suspect. The last punch was one that nobody could take, but I've seen heavyweights walk thru punches bigger than the first two.
hahahahahhaha

you should delete this shit before someone sees it.

Chuck was already getting n chiny by that point he got koed by rampage, he was wobbled by Keith hardine, wobbled by wanderlei.

He got hit by one of the hardest hitting boxers in the sport, he didn’t even see the first punch. Aj is a skilled fighter. It happens

Stipe only didn’t finish that fight cuz he was
His fight against Stipe is proof enough, the man was totally done after 7 minutes and survived the next 18 minutes on pure heart and chin.

He was being dominated and beaten in a way that would've left nearly any other MMA HW in history unconscious on the canvas.

Ngannou had never even been so much as dropped his entire combat career, until today. You don't do that by not having a great chin, the fact his first time being dropped in a fight was at 37 years old is further proof of how durable he really was.

The only guys to survive 70+ strikes from Stipe are....

- JDS (ridiculous chin, dude only gets TKO'd. JDS will take a power shot from Ngannou with his back turned and still not sleep lmao)

- Roy Nelson (Legendary chin)

- DC (Very great chin, survived prime Rumble FFS)

- Ngannou (He's in elite company)

The reality is you will be hard pressed to ever find a fighter who fights 14 times in the UFC's HW division and doesn't get KTFO. Just because he didn't get hit a ton doesn't take away from what we saw, he was getting hit less in part because he was so confident in his chin and power he literally charged forward into a vicious KO artist like Rozenstruik and ate back to back moderate counters with zero reaction before deading him in 20 seconds.

Any fighter who doesn't have a great chin wouldn't even consider fighting like that in their wildest dreams. Most times you get rocked or buzzed, it isn't in the 20 second fight. It's in the years of training, fights like those tell us a ton about Ngannou's psychological comfort when it comes to absorbing punches.

Stipe only didn’t finish because he was just as gassed. The fact is in most of his fights he’s hardly gotten hit. Today he got hit with power and it didn’t go well.

Fury is kind of an unorthodox fighter who likes to use his size to manhandle people. When he couldnt do that against Francis,he just got flustered and puzzled. He clinched with him and was like,well..FUCK.

AJ is like more of a normal tech boxer and simply exploited all the holes and tendencies Francis has. Also when Francis was hurt,he's too inexperienced to use the ring after he got dropped to replenish his energy.\

When he got up after the second time,he wasnt ready at all to get smashed back down. Its just not enough experience.
Agreed. I had a feeling that the fury fight would be close for that reason alone. Fury likes to lean and weigh on his opponent make them carry his weight and wear them out. He did that successfully vs wilder, but Francis is much bigger and stronger with all his mma training to boot. Now I expected fury to be much better at distance, but I knew the clinch would make it interesting. Joshua is a good technical boxer with good power and much faster than Francis, and once he landed a few decent shots, Francis bit on every feint. AJ was always a much tougher match up than fury for Ngannou

This is why reffing is important.

That fight definitely should've been stopped the way ngannou looked after the second knockdown.

Back