• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

Stipe only didn’t finish that fight cuz he was

Stipe only didn’t finish because he was just as gassed. The fact is in most of his fights he’s hardly gotten hit. Today he got hit with power and it didn’t go well.

He got severely concussed back to back from full power shots from one of the most prolific KO artist in HW boxing today. It wasn't just power that folded him, he was completely outclassed and setup perfectly.

Who is surviving 3 knockdowns and 2 back-to-back fight enders like that from Joshua? To do that to Ngannou with 10oz gloves takes extraordinary power and technique.

The truth is, that's just what happens when a HW boxer with 25 KO's throws with full intention to end the fight and you have zero defense for it. The accuracy, placement, and speed of those shots is putting anyone to bed. Who is surviving in Ngannou's place?

As Jon jones once said” I’ll get knocked out by deyontay for 30 million”

Jon Jones and Dana White continued to put the blame on each other for their failed negotiations as their back-and-forth continued on Friday, with the light heavyweight champion telling the UFC to release him from his contract.

UFC president White doubled down on his claim Jones highballed him when they spoke about a potential move up to heavyweight against contender Francis Ngannou.

“I’ll quote him and what he said to my lawyer,” White told a media scrum in Las Vegas, where the promotion returns to action this weekend. “He told my lawyer he wants what Deontay Wilder was paid [for his last boxing match vs Tyson Fu
ry]. I think it was US$30 million.”

Jones had claimed on Thursday that White was “lying to the fans” by claiming he had asked for an “absurd” amount of money at

I wonder if PFL can back out of that deal since Ngonenow hasn't signed a fight with them.
Good question. They shouldn’t though. Yeah his marketability took a hit but it’s two different sports. May want to negotiate a new contract after that.

He won’t be the same again after that.

He should go back to MMA and try restore his reputation..

That was brutal ko

allegedly 8 million vs Jones, from there, to what 2 million? to another 2 at best, and im being generous, 12 million in 3 fights, here he allegedly has got 10m and 20m, and if there is a 3rd fight it could be something like 5 million, its 35 vs 12 million...even if he wins the Jones fight, the pay would have dropped as the UFC wouldnt pay that high against someone like Pavlovich, and because the UFC mostly pays in PPV points and a small purse, no way he gets anything close to 8 million, even in victory imo, in defeat? well, they went to boxing for a reason, it paid off i would say.

Its going to be interesting if he can land a 3rd fight in boxing, with the Fury results i was hoping for AJ and Wilder, Wilder just lost to Parker, thats a good one, lots of name value and not the best boxer around, not younger or as big as him, both just lost, it could happen by december maybe and then he is gone for good, or skip that and go back to PFL around that same time.

Anyone arguing that he would have made more with the ufc is just an idiot.

Let me just tell everyone here: anyone with a brain is taking GUARANTEED money over potential money,

Franks 37 years old. There is no way he should take 8 million for one fight and then if he loses he isn’t guaranteed money for the next. That is stupid as fuck.

I will take an NBA contract over and NFL contract for this reason. Athletes have a short lifespan.

As Jon jones once said” I’ll get knocked out by deyontay for 30 million”

Jon Jones and Dana White continued to put the blame on each other for their failed negotiations as their back-and-forth continued on Friday, with the light heavyweight champion telling the UFC to release him from his contract.

UFC president White doubled down on his claim Jones highballed him when they spoke about a potential move up to heavyweight against contender Francis Ngannou.

“I’ll quote him and what he said to my lawyer,” White told a media scrum in Las Vegas, where the promotion returns to action this weekend. “He told my lawyer he wants what Deontay Wilder was paid [for his last boxing match vs Tyson Fu
ry]. I think it was US$30 million.”

Jones had claimed on Thursday that White was “lying to the fans” by claiming he had asked for an “absurd” amount of money at

Thr funny and sad part about this whole thing was that Jones sold like ten times as many PPVs as Wilder did in his career.

Good question. They shouldn’t though. Yeah his marketability took a hit but it’s two different sports. May want to negotiate a new contract after that.
Do they even need him at this point? They just got all of bellator fighters.

MMA fans really cant see the big picture.

One loss and they think that the fighter should go in a coffin, promotions should fold,and the sport implode into itself

People seem to forget that he’s been hurt by straight punches a few times in the UFC. Stipe a few times and Curtis Blaydes hurt him in the opening seconds of their first fight with a JAB. Ngannou tried to hide it and Curtis didn’t recognize it but he was definitely staggered. His chin is very solid though, but not solid enough to take multiple power shots from a world champion boxer. It wouldn’t matter how good his chin is if he doesn’t have enough defensive awareness to roll with punches.

Ngannou is 0-2, and if Tim Sylvia gets the out-of-shape excuse then so does Fury lol

Point taken about Browne though. I suppose he really is MMA's most successful representative in boxing. That's still not as successful as the most successful boxer in MMA though.
How is Mercer KOing a fat Sylvia more impressive than Ngannou arguably beating the best heavyweight boxer in the world? LMAO.

Anyone arguing that he would have made more with the ufc is just an idiot.

Let me just tell everyone here: anyone with a brain is taking GUARANTEED money over potential money,

Franks 37 years old. There is no way he should take 8 million for one fight and then if he loses he isn’t guaranteed money for the next. That is stupid as fuck.

I will take an NBA contract over and NFL contract for this reason. Athletes have a short lifespan.
And on top of what you said, i certainly doubt it ever was 8mill guaranteed money, more like Purse + PPV estimated to make around 8 million, even Ngannou always said "around", no one gave straight numbers, the UFC are notorious for paying small purses and the rest from PPV.

One loss and they think that the fighter should go in a coffin, promotions should fold,and the sport implode into itself
There isn't a bigger picture. You're only as good as your last fight. Look at Geygard, he got cut coming off a win, and went on to losing in bellator. UFC got it right my friend.

Unironically yes. It's time for some serious introspection for UFC fans. It's time to end the farce that MMA has become - a sloppy brawlfest.

If money wasn't an issue with UFC fighters we wouldn't have seen Mayweather beat on Conor or a bunch of UFC begging to get knocked out by Jake Paul.

All the glory in the world means nothing if you don't get paid

At the very least he made his money., But this kind of closes the book on boxing in any meaningful way I think. He had his 15 minutes of huge hype for the Fury result, even though many of us Knew Fury showed up fat and out of shape. And here we saw an inferior boxer to Fury show up in shape and he blew the doors off francis in less than 6 minutes. Maybe he gets another bout against like Wilder if wilder is bored, but even if not End of the day his leaving UFC game worked. He made enough money to retire if he's not an idiot. And probably has one decent, albiet smaller pay day left at PFL if he still wants that.

He was clearly concussed when he was getting up from the knockdown right before the KO (Which was a hilarious walk up and walk off ko)
I just wish Anthony could have followed up.

Which punch... the 1st one, the 2nd one, or the third one?

In MMA he loses that fight 3 times over.

Dude's chin is suspect. The last punch was one that nobody could take, but I've seen heavyweights walk thru punches bigger than the first two.
WTF? This is the worst observation I’ve seen in a while. The second punch that dropped Ngannou was a powerful overhand that Ngannou walked straight into and did not see coming. The sound of the impact was insane. The fact that Ngannou got up shows he has a chin.

It’s amazing that people can watch this sport for so long and still be completely clueless.

It never ceases to amaze me that people still accuse fighters of having a glass chin even if it’s the first time they have been knocked out…by a huge heavyweight KO artist of all people.

He also doesn’t lose in MMA. He would maul Joshua in MMA. You are dumb beyond repair.

that was pretty bad. just by the fact that it’s a concussion, he’ll be more susceptible to another one for a few months. but as far as i know that’s the first cold ko of his career, so it probably wasn’t bad to permanently knock the wires loose in his brain. maybe he’s been knocked out more outside the cage/ring. idk.

that said, i think the writing is on the wall for frank. he’s got big money, and his skills were never that strong to begin with. he’s also pretty old for a pro athlete. i dont think he puts the pieces back together. he rode his train about as far as it can go. he’s probably got a few more fights (and paydays) ahead, but probably won’t beat anyone truly elite in either mma or boxing. look for him to campaign heavily for a rematch with fury, which he probably won’t get, and then hopefully retire.

There isn't a bigger picture. You're only as good as your last fight.
Yeah,but he is gonna fight again. You sound like a robot parroting terms without any context.

They arent going to cut him over this. Obviously if he goes in there and gets a HL worthy KO in his PFL fight,it's good for them both. SO if that possibility exists, maybe put the shovel and coffin away.

Back