*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

Are you retarded? Who the fuck wants to see a rematch with Fury after getting flatlined by Joshua?
Many felt Fury lost the original match, I'd say that makes it a more interesting fight than most for him at HW even now.

Honestly though I feel like Francis has probably earnt his corn with boxing now, if he really cared about long term health I'm sure he could retire right now and live very comfortably.

Wilder has faster hands, and beats Ngonenow to the punch.
But watta bout da cleench bradda

and then you are in da ocean w da sharks bradda

and few can swim!

Lot of fighters aren't the same after they get knocked out like that. Especially ones that had an aura.

I wouldn't sleep on that giant 6'8 dude in PFL.
Big Frank probably will though. All hail Ngannou 2.0, ADCC Frank has risen 😂

Many felt Fury lost the original match, I'd say that makes it a more interesting fight than most for him at HW even now.

Honestly though I feel like Francis has probably earnt his corn with boxing now, if he really cared about long term health I'm sure he could retire right now and live very comfortably.
Many felt Fury lost to Fury. You have to be an idiot if you think that rematch sells after getting flatlined by Joshua.

He should fight that fat Chinese guy that throws a couple of hard punches a round.
Those couple hard punches carry the potential put anyone away. That straight left is money.

Didn't get it done today, obviously, but that's a tough fight for Francis.

Nah the shit that dude is on is way more insane hahah

Francis looks great...for whatever his age is but i'd imagine theres a 6 or 7 yr curve but Danny Almonte's on some 15 - 20 yr curve lmao
No doubt. He’s a heavyweight and aging like a fine wine. Plus he can always wrestle if he wants. It’s PFL, not 2000’s Pride

He got severely concussed back to back from full power shots from one of the most prolific KO artist in HW boxing today. It wasn't just power that folded him, he was completely outclassed and setup perfectly.

Who is surviving 3 knockdowns and 2 back-to-back fight enders like that from Joshua? To do that to Ngannou with 10oz gloves takes extraordinary power and technique.

The truth is, that's just what happens when a HW boxer with 25 KO's throws with full intention to end the fight and you have zero defense for it. The accuracy, placement, and speed of those shots is putting anyone to bed. Who is surviving in Ngannou's place?
Nobody is surviving that scenario with that punch landing that clean with no resistance. But the point is i thought it was silly to be touting ngannous chin as top tier.

Many felt Fury lost to Fury. You have to be an idiot if you think that rematch sells after getting flatlined by Joshua.
Call me an idoit them, I think a rematch probably would sell better than Fury fighting anyone but Uysk and Joshua.

There really is a gulf between Fury, Joshua, Wilder, Uysk and everyone else at HW in terms of how well known they are and Francis knocking Fury down and beating him in some peoples eyes probably gets him closer to that than anyone else.

Most likely of course though Fury and Uysk fight 2/3 times in a row so any fight is probably going to be more like mid/late 2025 at the earliest, I think Francis would be better off taking MMA fights before that than boxing fights.

Not now now

Later.

later later.

After Uysk is Lord.

giphy.gif

Uh I never thought he’d beat fury to be honest. I am a big fury fan, I thought fury would do what aj did.

Francis deserves respect, he wanted to box, he boxed 2 out of the 3 best heavyweights of his generation. He made a shit ton of money, and he lost one. Big deal.

People saying oh was it worth your health are fucking morons, as if this can’t happen in mma in any fight. When you fight for a living this is what happens.

Why are you talking about panic wrestling when it’s mma? He was losing on the feet and then boom won the fight by changing strategy.Lol it was brilliant strategy that no one would have guessed he would do since he’s primarily a striker in mma.

Serious question do you have brain damage? If you were in Francis shoes, and you were guaranteed massive boxing fights for more money than you would ever make in the ufc, would you not go box?

You must be that guy that stays working minimum wage huh? When there’s better opportunities elsewhere you don’t take it you actually tell your employer that you gotta stay and make it work right?

Lmfao holy shit you are dumb as shit
<JagsKiddingMe>

Is English not your first language or do you just have trouble reading generally? I'm the one who said boxing was a better deal because he probably wouldn't have won all 3 MMA fights, and the Saudis would pay him expecting him to lose. YOU are the one who continued your emotional meltdown insisting that he would win the MMA fights, which ruins your own argument if you think that.

Francis didnt have any boxing offers when he left the UFC, and sat out for over a year and a half waiting for one. The 3 UFC fights would have already been done a long time ago, and if he won them, he would have made like $24 million, and would have become a huge draw for being the guy who KO'd Jon Jones, collecting huge PPV bonuses and renegotiated after those 3 as the new biggest PPV star and probably have had 2 more fights since then on a massive contract.

Or he could have lost to Jones and would have made much less as an undercard fighter, whereas the Saudis paid him even more after losing to show up and get KO'd. Saudis paid him more per fight with no expecation of him winning or the event even making a profit, but it was only for 2 fights that he had to wait nearly 2 years to get, and he's unlikely to get another boxing main event after this, whereas he probably could have had another 4 or 5 MMA fights in the 2 years and 2 months since his last one. If won all of them, he probably would have made more money by now than he did in his 2 boxing bouts and wouldn't have gotten CTE, but like I said, I don't think he would have beaten Jones, so taking the CTE from Joshua for a big payday was a better deal.

And yes, panic wrestling is MMA. Did you think I meant panic wrestling in boxing? When you're a striker who gets pieced up in the striking and have to start shooting for TDs with no gnp and no sub attempts, that is panic wrestling.

Last edited:
I think his chin should be fine. Fury and Wilders chins held up after their trilogy despite them knocking each other on their asses multiple times. Can't see why Francis' couldn't either considering this is the only time he's been starched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brendan The Hybrid Schaub
Back