*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

That's too bad for Frank but it's not exactly surprising he lost.

He's had the chance to test himself against boxing's best and these are the results. It is what it is. Hope the best for him moving forward whether it's MMA or boxing.

<JagsKiddingMe>

Is English not your first language or do you just have trouble reading generally? I'm the one who said boxing was a better deal because he probably wouldn't have won all 3 MMA fights, and the Saudis would pay him expecting him to lose. YOU are the one who continued your emotional meltdown insisting that he would win the MMA fights, which ruins your own argument if you think that.

Francis didnt have any boxing offers when he left the UFC, and sat out for over a year and a half waiting for one. The 3 UFC fights would have already been done a long time ago, and if he won them, he would have made like $24 million, and would have become a huge draw for being the guy who KO'd Jon Jones, collecting huge PPV bonuses and renegotiated after those 3 as the new biggest PPV star and probably have had 2 more fights since then on a massive contract.

Lmfao the drugs you’re on. You were insinuating that he was running from the ufc? You are trying to act like he was guaranteed to make 24 million when that’s not true.

Secondly, you don’t think he already had talks with other boxers which is why he felt comfortable waiting out his contract?

Or he could have lost to Jones and would have made much less as an undercard fighter, whereas the Saudis paid him even more after losing to show up and get KO'd. Saudis paid him more per fight with no expecation of him winning or the event even making a profit, but it was only for 2 fights that he had to wait nearly 2 years to get, and he's unlikely to get another boxing main event after this, whereas he probably could have had another 4 or 5 MMA fights in the 2 years and 2 months since his last one.

Uh no. He had to get knee surgery after the game fight and was going to be out the year anyway so that’s wrong again. He wasn’t fighting 4-5 fights. Jesus Christ never be anyone’s manager, you have dog shit for brains

If won all of them, he probably would have made more money by now than he did in his 2 boxing bouts and wouldn't have gotten CTE, but like I said, I don't think he would have beaten Jones, so taking the CTE from Joshua for a big payday was a better deal.

Mma isn’t a video game you stupid fuck. Any time you take punches you increase cte risk. He could get kicked in the head take a massive punch in any fight boxing or mma.

And yes, panic wrestling is MMA. Did you think I meant panic wrestling in boxing? When you're a striker who gets pieced up in the striking and have to start shooting for TDs with no gnp and no sub attempts, that is panic wrestling.

You’re trying to suggest “panic wrestling” was a thing for him. He shot a great takedown and repeatedly side mounted gane. Panic wrestling is when Conor got tagged by Nate and tried a sloppy takedown so you’re wrong again. Lmfao!

Panic wrestled on one knee and gane couldn’t stop it.

Agreed. I was blown away by the athleticism of Anthony Joshua. Like they said in Rocky 4, he is a super athlete. Not only did he make Francis look slow and flat footed, his physique was next level making Francis look soft and flabby. When Joshua was standing there at the face off during the weigh ins, I could not believe how big his neck was making his face look tiny.
AJ has been on a tear and a resurgence of his career, i predicted a KO, but didn’t imagine this badly. Felt fury was carrying ngannou to an extent.

Nobody is surviving that scenario with that punch landing that clean with no resistance. But the point is i thought it was silly to be touting ngannous chin as top tier.

no he’s right, he took 3 fight ending shots and didn’t roll with them. All the elite boxers know how to roll with punches to lessen impact . No one is taking an aj missle and surviving.

Tbh he’s probably done, that mystique just was killed worse than he would have been killed tonight against Joshua without a referee in there. The fact that they allowed him to get up clearly concussed kind of pissed me off, that last shot lands without any effort whatsoever, AJ did not even set that punch up and Francis does not even react to it coming right at him and takes it full force to the face lmfao 🤣 damn. AJ is huge too I didn’t realize he was THAT big, he matched up very well against Ngannou.

Ringside view:

8iltae.gif

Anthony Joshua making Francis Ngannou look small and flabby despite being outweighed by 20 lbs on the scale. That is what Tyson Fury did not have. The athleticism and power that Anthony Joshua does. I firmly believe Tyson Fury will still strruggle against Francis, if they ran it back. Joshua is a different athlete. Not saying Tyson Fury cannot win against Joshua as styles make fights as Fury will not be reckless against Joshua playing in the safe zone.

AJ.png

Last edited:
Referee was reckless, fight should have been waved off after the second knockdown, Francis barely got up in 8 and was clearly out of it. He showed heart but was too compromised and the referee should have protected him, few seconds later he got flatlined by one of the biggest and cleanest right hands ever, that’s some scary stuff for short and long term health.

Apparently his payout was 20m (!) so that’s completely life changing and he should take the rest of 2024 off to recover from such a bad KO.

Anthony Joshua deserves this moment, he gave everything he got to his sport and represented it with dignity and honor. It is almost makes storybook that he is the one to kind of protect the integrity of top heavweights rankings.

Lmfao the drugs you’re on. You were insinuating that he was running from the ufc? You are trying to act like he was guaranteed to make 24 million when that’s not true.

Secondly, you don’t think he already had talks with other boxers which is why he felt comfortable waiting out his contract?

Uh no. He had to get knee surgery after the game fight and was going to be out the year anyway so that’s wrong again. He wasn’t fighting 4-5 fights. Jesus Christ never be anyone’s manager, you have dog shit for brains

Mma isn’t a video game you stupid fuck. Any time you take punches you increase cte risk. He could get kicked in the head take a massive punch in any fight boxing or mma.

You’re trying to suggest “panic wrestling” was a thing for him. He shot a great takedown and repeatedly side mounted gane. Panic wrestling is when Conor got tagged by Nate and tried a sloppy takedown so you’re wrong again. Lmfao!

Panic wrestled on one knee and gane couldn’t stop it.
Kinda sounds like you have CTE. Your memory is shit, you can't seem to read, and you can't seem to regulate your emotions either. Did you also get your head punched off by Anthony Joshua recently?

He got a lot more money to get CTE from Joshua that he would have to get choked out by Jones, so like I said, having fled the sport ended up making him more money

Okay but why did Tyson drop the ball so much

Was his style just not suitable for Francis, who can eat punches in combo?

VS AJ who has one shot KO power?

Agreed. I was blown away by the athleticism of Anthony Joshua. Like they said in Rocky 4, he is a super athlete. Not only did he make Francis look slow and flat footed, his physique was next level making Francis look soft and flabby. When Joshua was standing there at the face off during the weigh ins, I could not believe how big his neck was making his face look tiny.
Nah, Frank is bigger, wider and more muscularly dense overall.

But Joshua has 10x more accuracy and the speed and sting of a cobra, whereas Francis is heavy handed but throws them like he's got cement blocks attached to his ankles.

Speed kills man.

Damn got fucked up.. if fury took it serious that would of happened the first time also

Hmm maybe.

I think the biggest difference is AJ got to see how Francis boxes. Fury had basically zero footage and was facing a big power rookie who was not a boxer.

Any rookie will have holes that are easy to see and train for.

As expected but Ref should’ve never let the fight continue after the second knock down

Why not? It was the first knockdown of the round and Francis was coherent all the way down. He stood up when he was asked and didn't look wobbly afterward.

If you're just going to stop the fight because of what's "probably" going to happen, you might as well stop it before they touch gloves. But Ngannou's in the fight, so let him fight.

That was what I was expecting to happen in the Fury fight.
I guess 20 million is worth it. I think this sort of knockout would have happened to Francis in MMA too by now if he kept fighting and trying to defend his belt.

Maybe not as clean.. but Frank has always been very hittable and I never thought of his striking as super technical or defensively sound. I'm surprised he had so much success against Fury.

Good for him for making his money I guess.

Back