*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

No 10 count after the second knock down?
<JerryWWF>

I hate this shit where they immediately stop it. I don't care if his toes are curled and he looks dead. Give the man a damn 10 count.

UFC athletes simply are not up to par athleticism or skill-wise compared to those of other combat sports, let alone major league sports. We saw how Israel Adesanya and Alex Pereira came into the UFC and blew through numerous champions and championship contenders just with some rudimentary TDD knowledge. We saw how highly ranked UFC fighters Ben Askren, Tyron Woodley, and Anderson Silva all got dropped/folded by a Youtube influencer. And now MMA's final hope Ngannou got knocked out cold.

And before you say that so-or-so other combat sport athlete would not last a minute against UFC fighters in MMA, never forget that Ray Mercer knocked a former UFC champion Tim Sylvia out cold in his prime. Nobody in MMA has ever achieved the converse - Ngannou was the closest but we just saw how that went.

The truth is that the UFC is barely a step up from BKFC - it's just mandated brawling under the guise of combining martial art styles. What do you expect when C-level boxers and kickboxers (which all UFC fighters are) go up against A-level boxers and kickboxers?
In his prime? Lol no ....

If Ngannou would have the guts to face a power puncher after this... would be a great test for Jake, after already beating legends like Silva, Diaz and Woodley. I think Jake would be too fast and powerful for Francis.
<{Red Card}>

Its so funny to me how easy are people like you to manipulate.... guy which is kid scammer will now beat Ngannou because he won over retired mma grapplers in box and lost to basically rookie boxer.

BTW how much money u made with Jake "Kid Scammer" Paul on his cryptos? Millions, right? 🙃

It wasn't the power it was the defense that was the difference.

Why is it so difficult for MMA fans to accept that elite boxers hit harder? <45>

It’s like it’s some sort of ‘alpha’ thing. Even on a baseline logic level, it should be bloody obvious that the bloke who spends much longer punching people in the head would get better at it.

We didn’t really need to see Ngannou’s lights brutally turned off for this to be clear, but we did.

So bizarre the hate towards ngannou. You can't all be ufc employees, you're literally so dumb you think what dana tells you to

What do you think being knocked down and knocked out are? Damage out of time? This is damage over time. Everything big shot that stumbles or wobbles you is.

So many people clearly have no idea how impactful a knockout like that is. It was brutal. I mean he savaged him. Ngannou was out on his feet before an elite heavyweight boxer literally put everything into a right hand that poleaxed him.

It’s damaging physically and mentally, in a PTSD sort of way.

So

Tommy Fury > Jake > Ngannou > Tyson Fury

This was just like like Francis vs Stipe all over again. Francis just came out wild, ignored his coaches and didn't respect AJ's power. Next time he needs to be more methodical and fight at a slower pace.

8il7z2.gif

BoXInG dOEsn’T wORK in tHe STreeeeeTZ

That punch is a thing of beauty btw. Brutal as that come.

That fury fight got to his head.

He forgot that he was coming off a lay and dry hump decision win over gane, with losses against stipe and black beast.

Got folded like a cheap lawn chair and basically took career ending damage. He will never be the same again.

I really want to watch Ngannou vs Jake Paul. It´s one chance in a lifetime. If you know what I mean

How do you just eat a straight like that, no setup or anything, why was he just standing there in front of him, I'm not some great boxer, but still

Back