• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone else think UFC 300 main event is underwhelming?

The entire card is underwhelming. UFC 299 was much better

UFC 300 is marketing and packaging -- but it has the feel of a fun entertaining night.

UFC is putting a plethora of familiar marquee names (past present future) on the Box and wrapping it up with more garish decoration.

Definitely.

Pereira I don’t have a problem with, but the other half is a guy whose best two wins are a washed up Glover Teixeira, and Johnny Walker.

It is for 300 because they panicked they cannot figure out how to properly match make in advance I swear

Like they wanted Leon VS Khamzat/Shavkat/Islam when all three of those guys are busy with Ramadan and Shavkat is still injured

Then they asked Khabib for the 50th time if he wants to come out of retirement and he said no shocking that a guy who promised is mother he won’t fight again is keeping is word

And then they wanted Dricus VS Izzy, Izzy accepted but Dricus said the turn around was too fast, so they hit the panic button and moved Alex a card down

They also were gonna do Tom VS Jones/ Stipe both declined and Jones was because he was still injured

Last edited:
A little bit but I do think it's better than the 299 main event which most knew wouldn't be competitive or that exciting.

Not a bad card, but I don't think most people think Hill is going to come back 100% after his injury. It just doesn't compare to 100 or 200 with star power. If this headlined the Brazilian card, no one would blink an eye. To be fair UFC didn't have many crazy main events they could put together right now.

UFC 298 and 299 were pretty stacked so it takes away a lot of potential fights/fighters that could be on the 300 card instead. If UFC 300 could have been pushed to lets say July, the UFC would have more availability.

It’s underwhelming for being the UFC 300 main event that’s for sure

I wanted something BIGGER but I can't complain about a fight that I wanted anyways that also makes sense considering the title and who deserves a shot. And all of Pereira's fights are worth watching.
This shit needed Makhachev vs a LW contender.

It is underwhelming because it was never supposed to be the main event. They had a bunch of ideas from GSP, Khabib, Islam, Ronda, Jones, Conor and everyone turned them down.

Alex/Hill was the only fight that they could get that was at least a title fight but that was supposed to be on 301.

Hill should get a title shot after he relinquished his belt like a stand up fighter does when he’s gonna be injured and be out for a while.

I have no doubt UFC was attempting bigger, Dana pretty much said as much. but what we landed on was one of the best cards in UFC history and that's good enough for me.

You sure post a lot for a casual. Have you watched Hill fight before? Dude is an entertaining striker and a finisher. His only career loss is getting his arm dislocated and he was still throwing punches like a badass. Theres no reason for an MMA fan not to love this fight. Current champ vs the previous champ. It's a fight that needs to happen.

I think I have only seen his last two recent fights
But I'll definitely catch some of his older fights to get more hype for 30p
Thanks for sharing

Back