Media UFC 300 is ALREADY better than UFC 200

No doubt at all 300 if stays is right now fight for fight excluding both main events much better . If you add DC Jones 2 to 200 then it's 200. I predict DDP v Khazmat or Alex v Izzy 5 no where near the main DC Jones 2 was ..

If the card holds up it will be better. 200 was ruined by Jones.

There's been alot of hate cause of Dana White promising something extraordinary
However looking at the end product of UFC 200 vs UFC 300 alot of the fights got cancelled on UFC 200, but in the end the UFC 300 card is shaping up to ALREADY be better even if there is a shitty main event.

Just look at the cards we have so far compared to the other

UFC 300:

UFC 200:
View attachment 1026610

My Favorite Fighter TBD is Fighting again!!

LOVE IT!

Actually, UFC 200 looks way better lol. Shockingly the only fight I’m really intrigued by is Weill vs her China paisan 😳😳. I mean Gaethje vs Max will be ok ( might go 1-2 rds ). UFC 300 needs Conor vs Chandler or Alex vs Izzy

Cant compare it yet. We have facts about ufc200 but only theory about ufc300

Is Max vs Justin declared the co main?
Naw Dana or ufc brass haven’t declared it as so so far

I think it will be though

That’s normally extremely up to date

Seems like we are awaiting main event + two more main card fights

Naw Dana or ufc brass haven’t declared it as so so far

I think it will be though

That’s normally extremely up to date

Seems like we are awaiting main event + two more main card fights
If that’s true I think they could go for 5 title fights on main card.

Last edited:
Teh names at teh top of 300 need to be bigger imo.

Both cardz are bangerz though.

It's likely that some fights on 300 will fall out and have to be replaced.

From that perspective I can imagine that 300 will end up being worse (as 200 had great plans for Jones vs DC and Conor vs Diaz)

Last edited:
something bigger then Anderson vs. Cormier ??

what could 300 even have to top that ?

Comparing the cards

PRELIMS:
* Miller vs Gomi is similar to Miller vs Green.
* 200 wins since they have Gegard vs Santos and the banger Lauzon vs Diego.

UNDERCARD:
* Pena vs Zingano is similar to Holm vs Harrison?
* TJ vs Assuncao is similar to Figgy vs Cody. Perhaps slightly better.
* Gastelum vs Hendricks is similar to Kattar vs Sterling
* Sage vs a guy without a wikipedia page is worse than Bo Nickal vs Brundage

MAIN:
* Aldo vs Edgar - arguably the best booking on 200. A title fight with two solid names. This is lacking in 300.
* Justin vs Max is less legendary but not that far from DC vs Anderson. (I remember not being that hyped, thought it was too late for Anderson and he would be on his back through most of the fight, similar to how most think Max is gonna get clobbered)
* Oliviera vs Tsarukyan compared to Brock vs Hunt... guess it's a matter of opinion, Brock was a huge name but it was a pointless fight. Meanwhile I'm super excited to see how Charles vs Arman impacts the division)
* Cain vs Browne feels slightly better than Jiri vs Rakic. Arguably Rakic stands out as a weak main card name for a huge event card like this
* Nunes vs Tate > Wili vs Xiaonan

I feel like none of the fights on 200 or 300 were MEGA HUGE
(obviously we all know of the foiled plans for Jon vs DC and Conor vs Diaz for 200)

I feel like if some of the fights

1706553538959.png

Weird that this bothers me so much but I feel like Rakic stands out as a weak name on the main of 300

Last edited:
Yes.

We're still talking about those fights to this day.

Also the undercards weren't accessible back then in the UK, so all cards were 5 fights to me until around UFC 150...

No one's talking about GSP v Alves. So there are only 2 fights people still talk about. There are tons of other cards that fit that criteria.

No one's talking about GSP v Alves. So there are only 2 fights people still talk about. There are tons of other cards that fit that criteria.
"Hit him with your groin"... Of course they are... More memes came out of that card than any before, or since.

Either you watched it live, and thought it was amazing, or you watched it afterwards, and thought it was OK.

Still 1-3 fights left to be added to 300 including a main event so kind of a silly comparison at this point. 300 has a very good card so far, only thing hurting it is expectations.

Comparing the cards

PRELIMS:
* I guess a slight advantage for 200 since they had Lauzon vs Sanchez and Mousasi

UNDERCARD:
* Pena vs Zingano is similar to Holm vs Harrison?
* TJ vs Assuncao is ...slightly better but similar to Figgy vs Cody?
* Gastelum vs Hendricks is similar to Kattar vs Sterling
* Sage vs someone is similar to Bo Nickal vs someone

MAIN:
* Aldo vs Edgar - arguably the best booking on 200. A title fight with two solid names. This is lacking in 300.
* Justin vs Max is less legendary but not that far from DC vs Anderson. (I remember not being that hyped, thought it was too late for Anderson and he would be on his back through most of the fight, similar to how most think Max is gonna get clobbered)
* Oliviera vs Tsarukyan compared to Brock vs Hunt... guess it's a matter of opinion, Brock was a huge name but it was a pointless fight. Meanwhile I'm super excited to see how Charles vs Arman impacts the division)
* Cain vs Browne feels slightly better than Jiri vs Rakic. Arguably Rakic stands out as a weak main card name for a huge event card like this
* Nunes vs Tate > Wili vs Xiaonan

I feel like none of the fights on 200 or 300 were MEGA HUGE
(obviously we all know of the foiled plans for Jon vs DC and Conor vs Diaz for 200)

I feel like if some of the fights

View attachment 1026744

Nunes v Tate is not greater than Zhang v Yan. You're retroactively trying to make that fight more important than it was because of what Nunes went on to do. At the time she was just another fighter in the division and going in she was the underdog against Tate. Zhang is a 2 time champion and has a title defense under her belt.

Pena v Zingano had nowhere near the high profile that Harrison v Holm does. Pena was just a TUF winner at that point.

Sage was never remotely the prospect that Bo Nickal is and was already coming off a loss going into 200.

It’s a GREAT damn card. Even if the main event doesn’t quite blow us away, I very much look forward to that entire night.

I remember we were losing our sleep leading up to UFC 200 because there weren't great cards like we have UFC 298 and 299 before the 300.

The Anderson Silva and Cormier fight was even big, people were going nuts about it. Ended up bit of a let down in the end though. I think MMA community is more aware and intellect about the sport then it was back then so some things they pulled off back then wouldn't work now.

Back