Started my own MMA gym, need help!

Wow, first gi class was a pain, I got crazy gi burn on my neck. I know now why it takes between 8-10 yrs. to get a BJJ BB, there is way more to learn with the gi.

Been a couple days since I posted.

I'm having a new problem, I have had like 6 guys start and come for a couple of days and then just not come back. I guess this is the damn retention problem everyone is talking about.

I'm having a new problem, I have had like 6 guys start and come for a couple of days and then just not come back. I guess this is the damn retention problem everyone is talking about.

Ever think about giving them a call, seeing if they like the school, and if not if they had any ideas for any improvements?

Ever think about giving them a call, seeing if they like the school, and if not if they had any ideas for any improvements?

That's a good idea, I think i'll do that. I will feel kinda weird though. I don't wanna be like a telemarketer, but i'll get over it.

It may sound dumb, but at least they will know you care. My school will call people if they havent shown up for a few weeks, and we are locked into a 1yr contract, so they still get their money. It is a good relations tactic I think.

Yeah, it shows you care about the students. Also, it gives you feedback if there is a problem you don't know about.

That's a good idea, I think i'll do that. I will feel kinda weird though. I don't wanna be like a telemarketer, but i'll get over it.

not stalkerish, just I enjoyed training with you and look forward to training with you again. How did you like the school and do you have any suggestions.
,Love sentinal mma

what about a referral discount...I know my school does this. For example i refer a student and they commit and stay, then your next month is 50% off....this brings in a decent amount in my school! -Roger

I started a new alias for MMA Business Solutions. I was posting under StandAloneMMA.

Just wanted to let you guys know the website is being put up as we speak.

It is under HEAVY construction but feel free to tell us what you think:

http://www.MMABusinessSolutions.com

As far as referrals, the gym I own does one month free for bringing in 3 new members. Trick is you have to bring in all three members during the same month. If you dont have three referrals in our log by the end of the month your log is erased and you start over.

I started a new alias for MMA Business Solutions. I was posting under StandAloneMMA.

Just wanted to let you guys know the website is being put up as we speak.

It is under HEAVY construction but feel free to tell us what you think:

As far as referrals, the gym I own does one month free for bringing in 3 new members. Trick is you have to bring in all three members during the same month. If you dont have three referrals in our log by the end of the month your log is erased and you start over.

That sounds cool, good luck with that. It's would definately be out of my price range though.

I think the place looks badass. Badass doesn't pay the bills though. I have a garage setup at my place and use it for me and my friends. I usually host a Ufc fight. If you host a fight at the dojo, and have a flat screen continueously playing MMa training like All Access, people will be interested. It never fails show them a few fights and they will want to be that guy. Now you just need a cheap plasma in the office or mounted high and host a few PPVS. Another grand will work. It will pay off.

Flat screen bro.

That sounds cool, good luck with that. It's would definately be out of my price range though.

Added another portion to the MMA Business Solutions site to help increase members, keep track of students who have paid, and setup recurring payments if you want your students automatically billed.

Click on the 'CPS' link at the top of the page.

How have things been there lately?

Added another portion to the MMA Business Solutions site to help increase members, keep track of students who have paid, and setup recurring payments if you want your students automatically billed.

Click on the 'CPS' link at the top of the page.

How have things been there lately?

I've been really busy with work, things have been going alright with the gym. We had some guys compete in some grappling tourneys and do well recently. There are a steady stream of guys coming in and trying out the place, and occasionally one signs up so I have a decent student base for our size, i'm still not making enough to pay for the place, but that's ok.

I will post some pics.

I've been really busy with work, things have been going alright with the gym. We had some guys compete in some grappling tourneys and do well recently. There are a steady stream of guys coming in and trying out the place, and occasionally one signs up so I have a decent student base for our size, i'm still not making enough to pay for the place, but that's ok.

I will post some pics.

You say there is a steady stream of guys coming in and trying out the place? Are you giving away free training? Just from experience (this is also industry standard and a must) do not let people train for free. All the experts and business owners in this sport will tell you the same. Ive got to run to finish up some business for the day but will re-post in a few hours to explain the list of reasons why.

Looks like a nice gym- If i lived around i would deffinatly check it out- I just dont see how you pay rent at home

Back