Is an overbite a disadvantage?

Nicro

White Belt
Reaction score
I have a very slight overbite(there is only about the space of my thumbnail in my front teeth from the front of my bottom ones to the back of my top teeth). Will this have a negative impact on me with taking a punch.

And this is your first post?? Do your parents still tuck you into bed and make you PB and J sandwhiches for school. Go do Ballet or some pussy sport.

WTF does this being my first post have to do with being a pussy and doing ballet?

WTF does this being my first post have to do with being a pussy and doing ballet?

Your complaining about an overbite for crying out loud and your question is plain ridiculous...Who cares if you have an underbite, overbite, diagonal bite, sideways bit etc. Nothing matters in taking a punch as long as you have heart and are willing to do hard work to get better. Theres prolly guys out there who are giants but are scared to get punched. If you are totally serious about your question, ask your doctor...

No, your disadvantage is youre not too bright.

Seriously though, what if it was a slight disadvantage? What would you do about it? Would you stop training? Would you get it surgically altered? Probably nothing would change, right? So why even ask the question, as it is, as stated above, ridiculous.

Also, the thickness of a fingernail is not an overbite. So your question becomes even more idiotic.

Seriously though, what if it was a slight disadvantage? What would you do about it? Would you stop training? Would you get it surgically altered? Probably nothing would change, right? So why even ask the question, as it is, as stated above, ridiculous.

Also, the thickness of a fingernail is not an overbite. So your question becomes even more idiotic.

Thank you...finally someone agrees with me.

Thank you...finally someone agrees with me.

I have a very slight overbite
Welcome to Sherdog Bart Simpson lol.
Mate, as long as you can wear a mouth guard you'll be alright.

i wont lie. i thought it was a dumb question too.

but seriously Nicro. You'll never get anywhere in fighting with an overbite. I know pros who have overbites and they're ALL at a disadvantage.

suckers.

I thought a slight overbite was normal. Anyways, as long as it's not this bad, I think you'll be all right.

800px-Class1type2.jpg

god can you imagine a girl like megan fox opening her mouth and that comes out? No wonder orthodontists make bank.

I thought a slight overbite was normal. Anyways, as long as it's not this bad, I think you'll be all right.

800px-Class1type2.jpg

god can you imagine a girl like megan fox opening her mouth and that comes out? No wonder orthodontists make bank.

whoa that bothers me

I have a very slight overbite(there is only about the space of my thumbnail in my front teeth from the front of my bottom ones to the back of my top teeth). Will this have a negative impact on me with taking a punch.

Where's the picture?? As long as you can bite down properly on your mouthguard(get a good one from the dentist if you don't already have one) to secure your teeth and jaw then you have nothing to worry about.

Back