St. Carnal's Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately I've really been enjoying avocados. The local grocer has them on sale for $1. I'll just cut them in half and eat it either with garlic, the smoked salt, and pepper, or a cajun spice mix I'm a huge fan of.

boom

Tourney went OK it seems

John

I like to put avacados in salsa.

So hot(aka bitch) bitch sent me a text a few hours ago, saying how sorry she is about being a bitch. I sent back a gentlemanly, yet very reserved response. Simply thanking her for the nice gesture.

Now I'm emailing some other chick I met when I was out getting a chili cheese dog. Now, I know what you're thinking, how hot can a chick who you met at a chili cheese dog place be? My answer is, reasonably. She's also a wine merchandiser. Pretty fuckin' neat.

tourney was gay.

my first match was complete dominance though, except i got taken down.
went something like...
got taken down, scrambled to turtle, reversed from turtle to top side, passed guard 3 times, go to mount, cross choke attempt, maintain mount, got off mount, passed again, the win.

2nd match - fucking pwned in 30 seconds. pulled guard on me instant cross choke as w were going down. lame

nogi-
first match - got taken down, worked al ot of half guard, he passed once. got back to half. passed but i turtled, he took my back, i escaped to half. passed i turtled, rolled back to guard a couple times. passed, i turtled, took my back, rnc. :(

2nd match - got raped i guess. pulled half guard, got smashed out of it, brabo choke from north south.

the nogi guys placed 3rd and 2nd respectively. so i'm happy, they were both purple belts with some solid expereince, soi can't sweat it.

prok,

split the dif, talk to both but ignore the downstairs one for awhile

prok,

split the dif, talk to both but ignore the downstairs one for awhile

That's what I'm thinking. But I need to suss out whether she's just saying sorry so she doesn't feel guilty anymore, or if she feels sorry because she wants to hang out.

My buddy suggested that I ask her to hang out, to see if she's really changed or if she's still a bitch.

i hate when you get a really obscure song stuck in your head.

the local radio station here played a version of Dr Seuss "Fox In Socks" that was super awesome for no real reason. now all i can find is the boring story version.

well obviously she wants yoru cawlk, but don't give in. In fact tell her about the other chick in casual converstaion. Like hey I'm doign good, this girl hit on me the other day, do you think I should call her.

boom,

i have mexican radio stuck in my head.

I sent her a text. It basically calls her out, but in a very nice way.

I said "so, it does beg the question, given the situation...would you like to hang out?"

Basically she has to answer yes.

how dare you ignore my tourney recap.

i didn't lift or train at all today. i fail.

i read your tourney recap, but did not comment due to the fact I have nothing to say,as long as you learned something its a win.

now tell me what did you learn

strategy is important.

the guy i fought in the finals for my division pulled guard on his other two opponents and submitted them right away. my coach was mad at me for not pulling guard on him first cause i apparently have a good guard.

i need to play deep half guard i nogi. can't play the knee up guard and kimura game as effectively in nogi.

need to quit turtling and giving up my back. need to not stay in turtle for more than 3 seconds tops.

need to get stronger.

also, a weird thing. going into my first match on saturday, i was super focused and intense. then by the time my finals match rolled around, i just wasn't as intense anymore. need to work on keeping that mental focus.

hey now, just because you're indecisive with teh wimmenz... don't take it out on me.

all good points, now do them

hey now, just because you're indecisive with teh wimmenz... don't take it out on me.

Hey pub,

I *insert random inconsequential bullshit that I did today*

*leaves pub*

/boomer

jk jk jk, <3 you boomer.

Mental focus is something I fight hard. I just dont' keep that kind of "hate" going in a match that I need. Its something that I need to work on too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back