Terere: Return of a Champion

Thats awesome! I hope he can do it and that he does well. It would be so great to see him compete again at the top of his game.

Question though - didn't he have trouble with the feds last time? Is he even allowed in the states?

Can anyone post a link to the story behind Terere. Was he sick or something and that is why he is back? Wiki didnt have anything but he mentioned how he lost his team and stuff in the video posted. He sounds like a real interesting dude. Sorry if I sound ignorant. I am newer to the sport.

closing out drives me insane! fight!

following terere's adventure in europe on his FB page has been awesome.

he gave my teacher his black, so if i get mine from him, then he wont be too far away in my lineage....

whoop terere indeed!

For the most part I'd agree with you, BUT in Galvao's book there is a picture in it with the caption "with my master Terere". I mean could you really fight someone you refer to as your master? Maybe, either way it would be a great show of technique and respect I'm sure.

Galvao competed against Telles, didn't he? So maybe he and Terere, if they matched up, would also give it a go.

Can anyone post a link to the story behind Terere. Was he sick or something and that is why he is back? Wiki didnt have anything but he mentioned how he lost his team and stuff in the video posted. He sounds like a real interesting dude. Sorry if I sound ignorant. I am newer to the sport.

You can read up on it here: site:graciemag.com terere - Google-Suche

If the link doesn't redirect correctly, just enter the follofing into google search

site:graciemag.com terere

He should be back in Brazil next month. He will be training with the Alliance guys before he competes. I think that is important for him as my gym does have good guys but he needs exceptional guys to spar with ie Langhi, Barnado, Tarsis etc.

That'll make it Marcelo, Galvao, terere, Bill the Grill, Kron, Sergio Moraes, Kayron, Calasans, and who knows who else!!

Stacked!!! Medio is like Jiu-Jitsu's most wanted!

This - the middleweight division is going to be INSANE!

That'll make it Marcelo, Galvao, terere, Bill the Grill, Kron, Sergio Moraes, Kayron, Calasans, and who knows who else!!

Most of these are an Alliance lineage even Bill the Grill who is under Franjinha...

That's gotta say something!

Last edited:

and alan "finfou" nascimento, abmar barbosa, lucas leite.. that division is sick!

and alan "finfou" nascimento, abmar barbosa, lucas leite.. that division is sick!

Finfou is one of Tereres cousins (he seems to have many cousins and they all seem to be black belts). Just an interesting little fact.

Its interesting how much people rave on about the worlds. I definitely think that the Abu Dhabi Pro is going to take over as the major competition. There are many trials in different countries so you get to see many of the top guys fight each other in different trials where as in the worlds, if they lose once thats it.

The Abu Dhabi Pro is televised so there is much better footage and camera angles.

I was kinda hoping that Terere would of competed in the Abu Dhabi Trials coming up in England on the 26th of March but I guess its a little too soon.

Thanks for sharing TS.

Looking forward to watching more episodes. First The Reem (EXCELLENT online documentary about Alistair's Overeem career in the past year or so), now this . . . I'm really looking forward to more of this type of media.

These athletes need this kind of exposure!

when i asked andre today he said, "YES, I would. Terere loves the fight."

Back