anyone ever had a home invader?

Before you jump on me, I'm laughing at myself. I'd had a bit too much scotch and wasn't thinking. You're right, don't shoot at the legs and definitely don't finish anyone off. That'll land you in jail. Center mass always. But DO be aware of your background.

I wouldn't back track just yet. There are a few circumstances (very few) that could dictate shooting a "bad guy" somewhere else other then center mass.

I wouldn't back track just yet. There are a few circumstances (very few) that could dictate shooting a "bad guy" somewhere else other then center mass.

True.

Here's the problem:
Mihow wants a gun for home defense. He's never owned a gun and doesn't plan on going to the range. I recommended a shotgun. However, he also lives in a retirement community and doesn't want to kill his neighbors. If he uses frangible rounds, he gives up the spread that would compensate for his imprecise aim. I, drunkenly, suggested he blow off their legs and finish them afterwards*. Probably, not the best idea. So, we have a quandry.

*Disclaimer - Do NOT finish them off. Kill them in self defense or don't do it.

i wish i had fire arms, ive never had a home invader but an asshole stole my first bike from the front yard once, if i had access to weapons i would have shotguns and pistols stashed all over the place in case shit goes down and i would lay claymores everywhere when on vacation

LOLOL claymores!!! never had an home invader but someone does break i have an AK 47 and AR 15 to greet them with :icon_chee

to the people that say guns are for protection, i live in australia, we have fuck all gun deaths, because we have fuck all guns

to the people that say guns are for protection, i live in australia, we have fuck all gun deaths, because we have fuck all guns

Dude, both Australia and the UK have a higher percentage of violent crime than the US. You don't need a gun to commit a violent crime. The UK is suffering from the highest increase in home invasions in the world because of the fact that criminals have nothing to fear from law abiding citizens.

Dude, both Australia and the UK have a higher percentage of violent crime than the US. You don't need a gun to commit a violent crime. The UK is suffering from the highest increase in home invasions in the world because of the fact that criminals have nothing to fear from law abiding citizens.

I once had an argument on a forum that spanned 3 pages from a woman who was raped 3 (separate) times but said having a gun wouldnt have helped her at all and she agrees with her government placing all the restrictions on them that they do.

I literally quote her "Even if I had a gun, what good would it do against a rapist"

I once had an argument on a forum that spanned 3 pages from a woman who was raped 3 (separate) times but said having a gun wouldnt have helped her at all and she agrees with her government placing all the restrictions on them that they do.

I literally quote her "Even if I had a gun, what good would it do against a rapist"

Didn't know that rapists were bulletproof... :icon_neut

Silly woman. If I had been victimized that many times I would be armed to the teeth, legal or not.

The problem is the combination of people being too complacent and not being observant of their surroundings; the mindset of "I believe nothing will happen to me or lightning can't strike twice".

Being observant and lacking complacency needs to be priority # 1 before you are carrying something to defend yourself with and that can potentiality kill someone.

And I don't mean looking over your shoulder paranoia. Just keep an eye out. Be mindful of where you are. Who is around you. I ccw and I believe it is the responsible way of doing it.

With that being said, I would rather have a 50/50 chance of stopping an encounter than a 100% chance of not doing anything.

I'm not a huge fan of gun so I would have to go at him with a knife. In the near future I will buy my NODS (night vision goggles). If I have a night time home invader I will blind him with my surefire U2 ultra to blind and confuse. Then I dawn my nods and move in for the kill.

WTH? What's wrong with you BA?

He probably just lets them off with a savage beating and some sexual assault. You don't have to actually kill people whilst home invading.

There's a 340PD .357 magnum in a pocket holster in my jeans pocket. With that said, it's critical to pay attention to all aspects of security. Keeping doors locked ,situational awareness,maybe even a big scary dog(German shepherd,rottweiler,pitbull) are all good assets against potential home invasions.

When I was a kid, one of my brother's friends had his house broken into. His mother went down to the kitchen to get a glass of water and bumped right into the guy. Scared her so bad she had to go to the hospital.

Aside from having my bike stolen, I don't think I've ever been a victim of any real crime, violent or otherwise. And I live surrounded on three sides by the slums of Chicago, rife with gang activity and all manner of riff-raff. People invent these fantastical scenarios to justify owning weapons, but it seems like a lot of Walter Mitty-type daydreaming to me.

When I was a kid, one of my brother's friends had his house broken into. His mother went down to the kitchen to get a glass of water and bumped right into the guy. Scared her so bad she had to go to the hospital.

Aside from having my bike stolen, I don't think I've ever been a victim of any real crime, violent or otherwise. And I live surrounded on three sides by the slums of Chicago, rife with gang activity and all manner of riff-raff. People invent these fantastical scenarios to justify owning weapons, but it seems like a lot of Walter Mitty-type daydreaming to me.

Shit happens, dude. I'd rather be prepared for the 1/1,000,000 chance my life is threatened than not to be.

Just like I said in an earlier post...the town I grew up in had be the safest city in the US with a population over 70,000 for numerous years (coming in 2nd in others). 2 instances of violent crime in 30 years and just a month ago, there was a shooting at a jewelry store in one of the villages. Right across the street: my brother's work where I normally stop in from time to time.

You never know what can happen at any given moment.

aw man, my beautiful thread's been banished to this dungeon.

i have a blow dart pipe, its a pipe that fires nails.
its in the garage though, so it wouldnt do much.
i live in a nice area though, so its all good.

Back