**official mundials thread**

All of these are worse than refs decisions.

I'd rather see a sudden death round than a ref's decision. And as a competitor I would rather have a sudden death round than have my victory/defeat subject to the ref's assessment.

No gi has always been easier on the eyes to me. I do love the opening round where there are mismatched and people get blown through though.

I'd rather see a sudden death round than a ref's decision. And as a competitor I would rather have a sudden death round than have my victory/defeat subject to the ref's assessment.

I guess the counter argument is why would you base the match on one min only as opposed to judging the whole match.

That was BS. Absolute BS! All of a sudden they call stalling after 5 sec?

O e gracie barra

I guess the counter argument is why would you base the match on one min only as opposed to judging the whole match.

Counter counter argument is that the whole match is objectively scored dead even. So there is no way to fairly determine a winner based on the whole match.

Thus a sudden death time period is introduced to break things. I am generally in favor of sudden death for combat sports.

that was awesome, finally someone lost after trying to play the rules and stall :D otavio ftw

Calasans got jobbed. Quick stalling call and Otavio forced him out of bounds.

If they allow reaping then who knows what the 50/50 would become? Maybe it would go away, or maybe more subs would be available. Something, anything.

How sweet would it have been had the big announcement been the legalization of reaping? Almost everyone seems to want to do away with the rule. Give the people what they want.

Braulio has been passively talking shit about calassans the whole match lol

that was awesome, finally someone lost after trying to play the rules and stall :D otavio ftw

I am very happy for otavio although I'm upset with the stalling call. Too inconsistent.

I think he would have won a ref's decision in any case. Otavio has been working towards this for a long time though so its cool to get back to his winning ways after dropping back down to middleweight.

I don't know what stalling everyone is referring to on Calasans' part. He made multiple standup pass attempts. It's not exactly easy to do something in Otavio's closed guard.

I don't know what stalling everyone is referring to on Calasans' part. He made multiple standup pass attempts. It's not exactly easy to do something in Otavio's closed guard.
he did those after getting penalized.

I am very happy for otavio although I'm upset with the stalling call. Too inconsistent.

I think he would have won a ref's decision in any case. Otavio has been working towards this for a long time though so its cool to get back to his winning ways after dropping back down to middleweight.

Thinks so too, looked like a beast in all of those ibjjf TV videos of the smaller tournies this year. He also seemed like such a nice guy in the interviews.

Someone posted this in the chat:

Rule 6.4.12 When an athlete deliberately exits the match area to prevent the opponent from completing a sweep.** ** In this case and only this case, the referee should signal two points be awarded to the opponent and one penalty point be added to the score of the athlete who exited the match area.

Romulo is up now agaisnt a guy from Soul Fighters, not familiar with him.

Back