**official mundials thread**

Gui is overrated that's why, you can't expect him to smash his opponents like his brother

Ref's decision in BJJ makes no sense at all. A format without rounds and a martial art that emphasizes waiting for an opponent's mistake to make your move just doesn't lend itself to subjective judging. What's better? Set ups, sweep attempts, sub attempts, being on top, or just moving and pretending you're doing crap so you look like the more active competitor? It doesn't make sense.

I don't think having a 5 minute sudden death round or tie breaker would derail the torunament that much. But oh well. I really do think a competitor's personality affects fight decisions, but especially in the Brazilian dominated world of BJJ with this kind of subjectivity. Caio pisses people off enough that the vast majority of officials probably come in with a bias against him already.

rafa gets the same sweep as he did on Pans, no leg drag to armbar though, score tied 2-2, now in 50/50

it says something about the rules when winners of most finals are chosen by a ref..

this match sucks, Cobrinha is trying to 50/50 his way to a ref's decision

50secs left, score tied, stuck in 50/50 with rafa cranking on a toehold

Holy fuck, another ref decision that can goes either way.

You can argue Cobrinha almost stood up while Rafa was always attacking the rubberleg.

I love cobrinha but I'm happy he lost. Rafa really tried to open up the game but Cobrinha locked up the 50/50 and just tried to win with one advantage or whatever.

Very happy Rafa won.

Man this strategizing to win by the narowest of magins after 10 minutes of playing footsies is really hard to watch and annoying. Including who can celebrate more to sway the judges...

I know you can't fault the guys for exploiting the rules, but it just looks wrong to me.

Back