**official mundials thread**

I am impressed with Xande, if he got the half guard earlier he might pass and score the point.

The higher up in weight you go, the more enertaining are the matches.

At least in the finals. I think the lower ones are exciting, but you have matches like Caio/Bruno and Rafa/Cobrinha where they've matched up so many times they know each other's habits so well and can shut each other down.

It looked like Rafa was trying to do what he did at the Pans and this weekend and sweep right to the pass and finish but he just got snagged up in that 50/50 from Cobrinha and then it got boring. I missed to Caio/Bruno match and the Buchecha match.

The Rodolfo hype is gone I think, any comparison to Roger is not warranted imo, he is very good but not unstoppable

Yeah, he has lost twice in the past two years. And he's already at least 22 years old!

Lol. Rodolfo is just getting started. He would have won the absolute if he didn't have a momentary lapse yesterday.

And he was just stalling from the bottom with Xande. He has an excellent bottom game as was displayed with Buchecha.

Right, forgot about that. So the finals aren't complete lameness.
are you watching these matches? they are great fights, just because they don't end in subs doesn't mean they are lame. You guys are like a bunch of casual MMA fans booing anything that isn't a brawl ending by KO

To be fair, the results/scores of the matches are quite deceiving. They have all had a solid amount of action in them. Looking at it and saying "oh this many wins by advantages and decisions means the finals sucked" doesn't do these fights justice.

Not watching them, but nothing about the rafa/caio/gui matches, for example, leads me to believe they were anything other than fucking awful. I am fully prepared to be corrected, but that's what it sounds like to me.

Yeah, he has lost twice in the past two years. And he's already at least 22 years old!

Lol. Rodolfo is just getting started. He would have won the absolute if he didn't have a momentary lapse yesterday.

And he was just stalling from the bottom with Xande. He has an excellent bottom game as was displayed with Buchecha.
ya this week showed that the rest of the guys here are only a slight step behind him, no more hype

The Rodolfo hype is gone I think, any comparison to Roger is not warranted imo, he is very good but not unstoppable

True, Roger never had close matches with Xande heck Xande could never beat him!

Also, Roger is undefeated in the absolute division.

Oh wait, Xande has beat Roger, and Roger has beaten Xande in close matches. Also, Jacare.

are you watching these matches? they are great fights, just because they don't end in subs doesn't mean they are lame. You guys are like a bunch of casual MMA fans booing anything that isn't a brawl ending by KO

I agree that there have been some good matches. The only really boring one was the gui mendes one. (and all the women's matches)

True, Roger never had close matches with Xande heck Xande could never beat him!

Also, Roger is undefeated in the absolute division.

Oh wait, Xande has beat Roger, and Roger has beaten Xande in close matches. Also, Jacare.
I'm talking about winning with domination dummy, Rodolfo didn't have it, he barely beat Xande who could only beat Roger by stalling

BTW Gabi only had one match in her division to get the gold. Maybe splitting brown and black wasn't such a good idea after all.

I'm talking about winning with domination dummy, Rodolfo didn't have it, he barely beat Xande who could only beat Roger by stalling

Yeah but have you seen Roger's earlier matches? There is a lot more to Roger than what you saw in 2007 2009 and 2010 (I think those are the right years).

Gabi wins another lame absolute, she goes to the stands to celebrate and hugs her sister who is fat as hell, probably how Gabi would look if she did not have steroids

Back