Your Most Awkward Jiu-Jitsu Situation

This one is easily my akward and embarassing moment. At my last tourney, I was wearing Koral fight shorts (Vale-Tudo). During my first match, I had the kid in north-south, and he pushed off on my leg, but got my shorts. My balls came out and touched his face, in front of everyone. I was mortified.

Oh man! :eek: :icon_lol:

Yep. We have a purple belt with no vision, and the dude is friggin AWESOME. Wipes the floor with tons of guys - caught me with a footlock just on Monday actually. He can sense moves coming and openings (has to because no vision) - very unsettling sensation to have an opponent correctly defend an attack or initiate one when looking the other way based off how your hips are moving hehe

That's pretty damn awesome.

Lol a few weeks ago I farted when I rolled for an armbar, the dude is a clean freak (constant hand sanitizing). Me being the kind of guy I am, I just Lolled more, and he got angry hahahhahahha

This happened to me just last night. We were drilling triangle escapes and I got paired with the only cute girl in class. Not that awkward, we're kinda friends.

But today I wasn't wearing my cup, so I could definitely feel my junk on her face at times. Then once, when she dropped back for the step-over defense, the movement caused me to let out a fart.

Not a big nasty dog fart, but her face was literaly right there, and I may have seen her hair poof back as the wind escaped.

She didn't say anything about either incident, but I felt bad and awkward all class about ir.

When I was living in Japan I used to roll with a tough purple belt. Actually I was in a small town so there was no BJJ gym and we were attending judo class (but we were doing mostly newaza).

One day he was pinning me in North South and as I was trying to escape I accidentally hit his jaw with my elbow. I saw him touching his mouth to check if there was blood or not and... ...there was blood. Then I used the most polite Japanese expressions to apologize, and trust me that language is full of politeness, but the guy was still really, really pissed off.
So he spent the next 10 minutes botching tomoe nage to "accidentally" kick my balls and cross-choked me several times with really, really tight chokes, making me cough a lot. It was a strong purple belt going 100% percent and using dirty tricks on a white belt...
But after our roll was over he became nice like he usually was.

Since then I'm always a bit nervous when I happend to be in North South.

First Jiu Jitsu class, sparring with a stinky bastard (who still stinks if you haven't seen my thread).

Second Jiu Jitsu class, getting choked out by a girl.

I have a few to contribute.

I threw up my legs for an inverted triangle from the bottom of SC, The girl tried to tuck her hand inside, brushed my junk then instantly recalled her hand in horror. Needless to say it set up the triangle perfectly and i finished her with it

I just got to the gym, my professor told me to not close the bathroom door or else, I had to get water so i walk in and it was the worst smell to ever enter my nose, and it stayed there almost two hours, it was so bad most people just didn't get water. The best part is when i got there he was the only other one there

one awkward moment i had was just recently. i was rolling nogi with a fairly new individual, i think he's been training about two or three months. i get partnered with him, he's a lean, tall, strong person, so he starts to knee wrestle me, instead of stalling, i put myself into his closed guard so we can actually train.

i stand up to break his closed guard, he spazzes as i break his guard open and pass to side control, i then transition to a north/south choke which he taps to.

he stands up very angry and yells out "next time you don't stand up, you have to stay on your knees." i really didn't know what to say to that.

well thats kinda how it goes isn't it? where i train, usually someone will relinquish bottom position and the guy on top usually stands up at some point, but if both guys decide they wanna be on top, they fight on their knees. otherwise they'd both stand up and that would defeat the point.

edit: oh nvm i misunderstood your situation. hehe. you should just tell him.

Girl full mounted me and stuffed her boobs in my face to maintain position.

It wasn't so much awkward as it was awesome. She was better than me too, by a huge gap, so getting dominated was actually kinda fun.

Damn, I sound like a sexless pervert.

one awkward moment i had was just recently. i was rolling nogi with a fairly new individual, i think he's been training about two or three months. i get partnered with him, he's a lean, tall, strong person, so he starts to knee wrestle me, instead of stalling, i put myself into his closed guard so we can actually train.

i stand up to break his closed guard, he spazzes as i break his guard open and pass to side control, i then transition to a north/south choke which he taps to.

he stands up very angry and yells out "next time you don't stand up, you have to stay on your knees." i really didn't know what to say to that.

I've met a judoka who thought that only when training the ground game, the person trying to pass the guard shouldn't stand. How the hell to pass a guard then? I'm sure a guy like Roger or Marcelo Garcia may know how to do that, but I don't.

I've met a judoka who thought that only when training the ground game, the person trying to pass the guard shouldn't stand. How the hell to pass a guard then? I'm sure a guy like Roger or Marcelo Garcia may know how to do that, but I don't.

You don't know how to pass a guard from your knees? :icon_conf

It was pretty quiet because people were still drinking water and I already started a roll with my instructor and he goes knee on belly on me within seconds of starting the roll (I suck) and I let out a fart so loud everyone stops and looks, damn that was awkward.

Some guy from another gym came to our class, I don't know what belt he was. I am guessing white, he wasn't very good.

Anyway we were starting from standing and he was using some win chung snake charmer hand movements at me to try and block my grips and when we finally go to the ground I got to mount and started to put the pressure on him.

"Excuse me, are you intentionally putting your pelvis into me?"
"What?"
"Are you thrusting your pelvis into me on purpose?"
"Yeah I am putting pressure on you in mount so you can't escape"
"You are putting your pelvis in me on purpose"

And that was the most awkward moment of my jiu jitsu life.

I was violated while beating someone up.

Some guy from another gym came to our class, I don't know what belt he was. I am guessing white, he wasn't very good.

Anyway we were starting from standing and he was using some win chung snake charmer hand movements at me to try and block my grips and when we finally go to the ground I got to mount and started to put the pressure on him.

"Excuse me, are you intentionally putting your pelvis into me?"
"What?"
"Are you thrusting your pelvis into me on purpose?"
"Yeah I am putting pressure on you in mount so you can't escape"
"You are putting your pelvis in me on purpose"

And that was the most awkward moment of my jiu jitsu life.

I was violated while beating someone up.

This is awesome, if for no other reason than it's different.

This is awesome, if for no other reason than it's different.

It was the most uncomfortable I have ever been while doing BJJ, I hope to not see that guy again and if I do I will not roll with him.

Bit shocked a woman would joke about rape in order to give more colour to her story.

Seems like Hilary's ego outweighs the info she brings more often than not.

I once ended up in mount but facing the wrong way lol

Back