Ronda Rousey: "If GSP Wasn't Good-Looking & Canadian He Would Be Unknown"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woman needs to keep her mouth shut, she's more appealing that way.

imgres

Yup!

Me too. I think a lot of Canadians THINK they are patriotic, but don't truly understand patriotism. Most surveys I have seen agree that Americans are the most patriotic in general, and Canada ranked lower.

Please explain that. Because that is a pretty ridiculous statement

kinda like fedor, ugly, not ripped, not american, canadian or brazilian and not popular.. oh wait. when she beats someone of note she can start talking, but since it's womens mma theres no talent, plz stop talking ronnda

Fedor is good-looking and popular.

People just need to go to a bar/wild wings when a gsp fight starts. There's always some fan girls screaming for him. His looks definitely have an impact on his marketability.

That said, Ronda is the same way with the looks thing ;)

If Ronda wasn't pretty and a chick, she'd be unknown.

/thread

That was her point, dummy. She was responding to people always telling her the same thing. If you took the time to not hate on people who achieve, you might learn something.

Ronda is no dummy. She knows exactly what her looks+skill have afforded her. She's pointing out something very true about GSP. If it was not for fervent Canadian love, he'd get nada.

Look at Ben Askren.

At least she acknowledge that GSP was good looking. That means she noticed it. It's like the more you hate, the more you love.

Me too. I think a lot of Canadians THINK they are patriotic, but don't truly understand patriotism. Most surveys I have seen agree that Americans are the most patriotic in general, and Canada ranked lower.

As a Canadian myself, I think that we are very patriotic but most Canadians don't feel the need to always show their love for the country and shout Ca-Na-Da! Ca-Na-Da! the way Americans shout USA at every opportunity. Canadians are generally more modest and humble than to act like that. People in Canada don't want to be that patriotic because it reeks of arrogance. And being too nationalistic divides people.

I think it comes down to the fact that Canadians don't approach things with an 'us vs. them' mentality. The U.S. is a very divided and aggressive country. The status quo is your are either with us or against us. So of course Americans will always want to support their side and be their own cheerleaders. Canadians have a completely different mindset.

You don't see how massively different gun laws and universal health care would change and evolve a culture in a completely different direction?

So, besides having to take responsibility for your insurance more, and seeing people walk around with guns in certain parts of the country, what are the actual differences? I have never seen someone open carry their gun in the USA in all my time there. The truth is, the gun laws in many states are not "massively different" on the scale that we make it out to be.

As a Canadian citizen, I can get my hands on a gun legally without any issues. I can not ever open carry it or anything, but I can still legally own one. Whereas in the UK, regular citizens aren't permitted to carry guns. Even their police don't carry guns. We still see guns all the time on our police at least. So I don't know what the "massively different gun laws" are that apparently have created a different culture of an entire country, when the state laws are all extremely different.

You aren't telling me where I can see these big differences in culture.

I traveled through Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado. by Bus last February over a period of 3 days. Met hundreds of people from all around the country, and nobody stood out as a foreigner or anything. You know what everyone asked me? Are you from (insert name of some other state they have never been to)? Nobody once asked me if I was Canadian. I was mostly asked if I was from Kentucky, because that is where I told them I was headed. Nobody from Kentucky would ever assume a Canadian is from Kentucky. But the country is just so big, people on the north west don't know what someone from Kentucky is like, so they just guess.

In Denver I hopped a plane to Charleston, West Virgina. Hung out there for a bit, everyone seemed normal to me. Nobody stood out. From Charleston I went to Nashville. Spent a month in Kentucky and Tennessee, nobody asked if I was Canadian or anything. The only time I even stood out was when I didn't know how to order a proper Sweet Tea.

After my time there, I traveled from Nashville to Dallas, Dallas to Phoenix, Phoenix to San Francisco, San Francisco to Vancouver. So in total I was in like 10 different states, and never noticed anything beyond minor cultural differences. And these differences are just "state to state" differences, not across the country.

If the Diaz brothers weren't pretend-thugs behaving like 12 yr old kids with ADD they would be unknown.

That was her point, dummy. She was responding to people always telling her the same thing. If you took the time to not hate on people who achieve, you might learn something.

Ronda is no dummy. She knows exactly what her looks+skill have afforded her. She's pointing out something very true about GSP. If it was not for fervent Canadian love, he'd get nada.

Look at Ben Askren.

GSP is one of the most accomplished MMA fighters of all time. He is top 3 all time in the sport easily. She is saying "He fights boring and gets tons of love for his looks and not his fights" GSP is not some pretty boy selling tickets he is an MMA legend.. When Ronda has been in the UFC for a while and actually won some fights she can run her mouth like this and not have the whole locker room giggle..

If the Diaz brothers weren't pretend-thugs behaving like 12 yr old kids with ADD they would be unknown.

But but but but but they come to fight.....

They also lose badly in title fights and get suspended for weed Ronda..

the more shes talks the less i like her.

She is going to be annoying for some time too. The competiton in womens MMA is just weak. Outside of maybe Cyborg there is nobody Ronda can't use her grappling skills to drag to the mat and tap out.. She will be arrogant and boastful as hell as long as Dana lets her play in the UFC..

How does this have 45 pages of responses, her point is moot. GSP has dominated so hard that looks/nationality aren't important.

Please explain that. Because that is a pretty ridiculous statement

Most people I know think patriotism is just about being proud of your country, or happy to live in your country, or that they would prefer to live in Canada rather than any other country. True patriotism is absolute LOVE and devotion to your country. I have seen people kiss the ground in America and would absolutely be ready to die for the country for any reason. I don't think Canadians go that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back