Can we stop the Belfort is a great striker hype?

Ancuetas

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
This is getting annoying.

Belfort is someone who has a a lot of KO power and can explode in bursts but he is much more a brawler than a technical striker. He is just faster than his fellow brawlers.

He is a bjj guy with KO power and is absolutely no threat to Anderson Silva in the striking game. If we want to see Silva vs a good striker at MW, it is Mousasi or Manhoef we need to see, not Vitor Belfort who would get destroyed again.

Belfort is someone who has a a lot of KO power and can explode in bursts but he is much more a brawler than a technical striker. He is just faster than his fellow brawlers.

He is a bjj guy with KO power and is absolutely no threat to Anderson Silva in the striking game. If we want to see Silva vs a good striker at MW, it is Mousasi or Manhoef we need to see, not Vitor Belfort who would get destroyed again.

silva vs manhoef hahaha get the fuck out of here

First we to take the time pod back to 1997 if we want to end the Belfort is a great striker hype.

Vitor is a pretty good striker. I don't like him that much, but trying to discredit his striking is pretty silly. 15/22 wins are via TKO. Saying he's a "bjj guy" is equally as stupid.

The Jones fight showed us exactly how good of a striker Vitor is.

Vitor has 15 ko/tko wins out of 22 total wins.

While you can critique someones form, style, etc....hits results show that his striking works.

If you cant say that someone who has won 75% of their bouts by ko/tko is a great striker....then who do you call a great striker?

Manhoefs not a technical striker either.

The Jones fight showed us exactly how good of a striker Vitor is.
Soe everyone who ever looked bad in the standup against Jones is a terrible striker including Shogun and Machida?

I believe vitor is a top notch striker, discrediting that because of losses to the 2 best p4p fighters in the world is silly. No he's not on Anderson's level, but then again, who is?

yeah....its only just HYPE...maybe when he has 47 wins by KO/TKO we can agree that he was a good striker finally?

stop hating, he IS a great striker.

actually manhoef is a brawler too, he basically just throw lethal hooks.

How you could call Vitor a BJJ guy is beyond me. GSP is a blackbelt yet he isn't a BJJ guy so I don't understand your logic. I find it interesting that you chose to try and call Vitor not a great striker right after he outstruck and TKO'd a talented striker in Bisping. Put Vitor against Mouassi or Manhoef and we'd see who is a great striker

actually manhoef is a brawler too, he basically just throw lethal hooks.

He also throws some mean leg kicks...watch his fight against Lawler...Lawler won, but he could barely walk after that fight.

He's got speed and power but he doesn't mix up his striking too much. He added more kicks which obviously worked for him but usually it's a counter left he's looking for.

Soe everyone who ever looked bad in the standup against Jones is a terrible striker including Shogun and Machida?

Machida didn't look bad in the standup against Jones.

TS, I guess that's a pretty solid no to your question.

Don't forget, Vitor has the heart of a lion :]

WTF? This is actually a thread? The worst part about this thread is that he is showing improvement in an area he was already good in.

Back