Can we stop the Belfort is a great striker hype?

This is getting annoying.

Belfort is someone who has a a lot of KO power and can explode in bursts but he is much more a brawler than a technical striker. He is just faster than his fellow brawlers.

He is a bjj guy with KO power and is absolutely no threat to Anderson Silva in the striking game. If we want to see Silva vs a good striker at MW, it is Mousasi or Manhoef we need to see, not Vitor Belfort who would get destroyed again.

vitor-belfort_matt-lindland.gif

23qyu5u.jpg

vitor-belfort_yoshiki-takahashi.gif

Looks good to me. There aren't style points in MMA. He gets results and it is fun to watch.

In response to tdlux, it is impressive that such an old guy keeps showing new facets to his game, like the near armbar on jbj.

lol agree. there's another thread going around saying that he's basically GOAT...lol

I believe vitor is a top notch striker, discrediting that because of losses to the 2 best p4p fighters in the world is silly. No he's not on Anderson's level, but then again, who is?

Grappler_Baki_01_-_Foetal_movement_.jpg

grappler baki only guy i can think of that strikes as well as Silva.

Vitor would demolish Manhoef standing. You really think he would be ko'd by Robbie Lawler? Don't think so. Manhoef doesn't have good enough striking defense imo.

What's with all the Manhoef disrespect? Since when do you need to throw only straight punches to be technical? Even though Manhoef gets careless at times, his technique in the shots is great, from hands to feet when he throws his combos. You people make him out to be Garcia, putting his head down and windmill punching the air.

Belfort is someone who has a a lot of KO power and can explode in bursts but he is much more a brawler than a technical striker. He is just faster than his fellow brawlers.

He is a bjj guy with KO power and is absolutely no threat to Anderson Silva in the striking game. If we want to see Silva vs a good striker at MW, it is Mousasi or Manhoef we need to see, not Vitor Belfort who would get destroyed again.

Only if we can stop the Weidman hype which is alot worse and unbelievable.

15 KO/TKO's, 3 submissions and 4 decisions. He is and always has been a good striker with a decent ground game. TS is seriously retarded.

Vitor has 15 ko/tko wins out of 22 total wins.

While you can critique someones form, style, etc....hits results show that his striking works.

If you cant say that someone who has won 75% of their bouts by ko/tko is a great striker....then who do you call a great striker?

You must think that Travis Fulton is the greatest striker of all time.

He also throws some mean leg kicks...watch his fight against Lawler...Lawler won, but he could barely walk after that fight.

Watch Lawler shrug and smile at his corner after that fight.

Then watch Cheick Kongo shrug and smile at his corner after the Pat Barry fight.

Similar, no?

Splitting hairs, he's a very good striker, very effective. Not "Elite", but very good.

The Jones fight showed us exactly how good of a striker Vitor is.

I guess it showed us how great a striker Shogun is too right? So since Shogun standup wasn't effective against someone with crazy reach and fights tall successfully , that makes his striking overrated. Do I have your logic down? And please don't come back with something like Vitor kept jumping guard since we are talking about his standup abilities for what they are

I would love to see Silva vs Mousasi. But Silva against Manhoef? You're going to put a wild swinging striker in there against the greatest counter punch of all time? I would be shocked if Manhoef landed even 5 shots.

Wow, really...? Quick hands, great power and pretty good form. He's an elite MMA striker, especially since we see he can KO with the feet now too. I don't see how you can question it.

Belfort has always been an awesome striker, very fast and accurate also, its annoying how people just hate for no reason

yeah! while we're at it let's stop the GSP is great wrestler and Maia is a great bjj practioner hype! oh and Cain's cardio is suspect!

Back