Din Thomas, do you want some?

He probably got 5-1 in some unregulated shoddy 3rd world events in Nicaragua

My point is people like to discredit in any way possible, which your post further proves.

Not saying I'm impressed with Mayorga or that he is any good. Dude is 40 yrs old or near there and came in to a fight in worse shape then he ever has before.

So a news item promoting the event says he was 5-1? The UFC says Rashad Evans has like 23 victories or something. Do you believe them?

well I imagine he didn't get so involved in setting up an MMA team and coaching MMA fighters based off one prior loss. His MMA team facebook page goes back to 2011 too so does enough to assume he did have experience in the sport.
https://www.facebook.com/MmaSanJuanDelSurTeam

i honestly thought he tripped over something,it was a cramped area. Being a mayorga fan i would like to think that din toppled in fear at mayaorgas nicuraguan shattering windpipe knifechop to the adams apple

My point is people like to discredit in any way possible, which your post further proves.

Not saying I'm impressed with Mayorga or that he is any good. Dude is 40 yrs old or near there and came in to a fight in worse shape then he ever has before.

I wasn't discrediting him, I was just looking for the truth and no one has been able to show me it. So...he got to 5-0 in bouts that Sherdog took off because of a conspiracy against boxing, only to get subbed in the first round of his last fight in 2009 by a random guy making his debut? Is that the story we are going with now?

Look. I could give a shit about the "boxing vs. mma" thing. I went to Garcia /Judah (as I have for every GBP show at the Barclays) last weekend while UFC 159 was in the same area because I thought UFC 159 was a shitty overpriced card. I rooted for James Toney to KTFO Randy because I thought it would be funny. Really, I don't care about that shit.

well I imagine he didn't get so involved in setting up an MMA team and coaching MMA fighters based off one prior loss. His MMA team facebook page goes back to 2011 too so does enough to assume he did have experience in the sport.
https://www.facebook.com/MmaSanJuanDelSurTeam

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Cesar-Gracie-14882

Just looking to see the guy's record.

I wasn't discrediting him, I was just looking for the truth and no one has been able to show me it. So...he got to 5-0 in bouts that Sherdog took off because of a conspiracy against boxing, only to get subbed in the first round of his last fight in 2009 by a random guy making his debut? Is that the story we are going with now?

Look. I could give a shit about the "boxing vs. mma" thing. I went to Garcia /Judah (as I have for every GBP show at the Barclays) last weekend while UFC 159 was in the same area. I rooted for James Toney to KTFO Randy because I thought it would be funny. Really, I don't care about that shit.

I wasn't singling anyone out. Just showing how people naturally like to discredit, especially when something happens that shouldn't.

WHo knows what his real record, is, although it's incredibly doubtful he was 0-1 with 10 years experience and an MMA team. Maybe they were ammy fights.

i honestly thought he tripped over something,it was a cramped area. Being a mayorga fan i would like to think that din toppled in fear at mayaorgas nicuraguan shattering windpipe knifechop to the adams apple

I'm a Din Thomas fan, but I have to admit, he was clearly dropped by the Managua Pimp Slap.

the guy din thomas has trained in a multitude of disciplines and none had an answer for this diabolical fight ending blow

the guy din thomas has trained in a multitude of disciplines and none had an answer for this diabolical fight ending blow

You're preaching to the choir.
Din has never faced a street fighter from Nicaragua, different animals down there.

hes lucky he didnt have to deal with those knees to the spine either

Full fight.
Kicks are useless against a guy from the streets of Managua.

Kid McCoy must be loving this.

I recall his theory in a street fight Mayorga would whip MMA guys because if they tried to grapple him he'd just do something like bite or eye gouge to get out of it.

Looks like it was the old knee to the back that proved his theory right.

Fuck what you heard. Watch the full fight. Mayorga has some stamia, dude had full mount on him the whole first rd and Mayorga stall him and reversed 2-3 times. Dana needs to sign him quick.

haha so now the fight is fixed according to some people on here

Mayorga won the fight hands down
people underestimate dirty moves in a real fight
MMA is not a real fight but a competition with rules just like boxing.

dirty moves > triangle chokes/flying knees

So much for kicks being the end all argument to a boxers success.

MMA fans make it seem like anyone who is trained how to kick can beat a boxer.

Back