Din Thomas, do you want some?

P.S
this fight has given us some mighty troll repellent for the Mayweather fight tonight. Could you imagine how this forum would look right now if Mayorga had lost?

is this a serious question? haha

The guy spent the last ten years of his life studying a martial art that got completely wasted by one dodgy knee shot. It kind of makes it look like grappling in MMA would be pretty useless if moves like that were legal.

I see what you are saying...however this guy had Mayorga in far worse positions throughout the fight and wasn't able to capitalize on it...

and Mayorga is almost 40, a chain smoker...how the fu*k did he have enough stamina to get through the first.

I'm not sure how many her have "rolled", wrestled or boxed a round....but it's some of the most exhausting work you will ever do...

Mayorga still seemed relatively fresh after the fight...

I seriously thought he would look like Ben Rothwell after round 1, dying for oxygen.

i train jiu jitsu and yes it is exhausting but the guy he was fighting wasntm uch of a fighter,he had him mounted and didnt do much to try and finish mayorga,so mayorga simply stopped expending energy until he could explode out.

this is mayorga man if you dont threaten and hurt the guy he will keep coming.

ive always been a fan and wish him well,but theres not much that can be learned about this fight imo

The guy spent the last ten years of his life studying a martial art that got completely wasted by one dodgy knee shot. It kind of makes it look like grappling in MMA would be pretty useless if moves like that were legal.

so a boxer should quit training if someone jabs a thumb in his eye,and kicks him in the balls?

Not sure if you are joking...but Paul Daley vs Mayorga would be awesome...I would have Mayorga winning that as well.

I don't joke about Bellator.
"As well"? I'd take the Nottinham Hook over the Managua Pimp Slap.

Daley would try and lnp him like he did Misaki and Masvidal.

mayorga would ice daley,daleys dumb and would stand up with him

I don't joke about Bellator.
"As well"? I'd take the Nottinham Hook over the Managua Pimp Slap.

You don't joke about Bellator? I finally found your Kryptonite...
Lmao...all joking set aside..

Paul Daley wouldn't be able to land the Nottingham Hook on Mayorga...sure it will work against fighters like Scott Smith, or a fighter who just doesn't give a fuck like Nick Diaz...or stupid fight IQ fighters like Dustin and Kampmann who think they are world class strikers...but not the Matador.

You don't joke about Bellator? I finally found your Kryptonite...
Lmao...all joking set aside..

Paul Daley wouldn't be able to land the Nottingham Hook on Mayorga...sure it will work against fighters like Scott Smith, or a fighter who just doesn't give a fuck like Nick Diaz...or stupid fight IQ fighters like Dustin and Kampmann who think they are world class strikers...but not the Matador.

Mayorga would go Scott Smith on him and rush him, and get countered.

so a boxer should quit training if someone jabs a thumb in his eye,and kicks him in the balls?

Great analogy...

It's funny how people are so quick to write off certain disciplines because they believe them to be "obsolete" or "useless" in a "real fight."

The morons in the UFC forum say it about boxing, and some posters here say it about BJJ, Sambo or Wrestling..

Personally in real life, as well as You tube...I've seen boxing skills, full mounts, chokes of several different forms all successfully implemented in a "real fight."

its just the knee jerk reaction of the willfully ignorant

Fight was made to make MMA look good compared to boxing in Nicaragua. He didn't train is why he didn't make weight.. I literally doubt he did more then a few days worth of work.

You said it! It was supposed to be the equivalent of Toney-Couture. where a washed up boxer goes out of his element to fight in MMA, and get a big paycheck, for MMA to get bragging rights among young fiddly ignorant fans.

why even train for grappling then if that's the case?

If Tiffer wanted to be a dick, he could have done very bad things to Mayorga when he had him in mount, such as gouge his eyes/headbut/12-6 elbows. Just because one guy doesn't fight dirty(in a fight with rules), it doesn't mean that his style is useless.

If Tiffer wanted to be a dick, he could have done very bad things to Mayorga when he had him in mount, such as gouge his eyes/headbut/12-6 elbows. Just because one guy doesn't fight dirty(in a fight with rules), it doesn't mean that his style is useless.

exactly

Not a bad debut but I'm pretty sure Din would beat him.

You said it! It was supposed to be the equivalent of Toney-Couture. where a washed up boxer goes out of his element to fight in MMA, and get a big paycheck, for MMA to get bragging rights among young fiddly ignorant fans.

I don't know how you guys conclude that...Mayorga is practically a national hero...and they allowed the fight to take place despite Mayorga being 20 pounds over weight...

If anything...this organization wanted Mayorga to win...

Back