Din Thomas, do you want some?

is anyone just glad mayorga is still around ? i am

its just the knee jerk reaction of the willfully ignorant

That and thinly veiled blind hate against bjj/mma.

All you have to do is look back at the old Couture and Toney threads and the way some of the posters here talked about it to see how delusional some of these people are. Those people will grasp for any kind of straws humanly possible as a roundabout way of making a point that boxing > mma/wrestling/bjj/whatever, when there are no straws to grasp for they will simply make them up.

This, of course, is not to say that the UFC forum is much better (look for the old threads when JDS was champion and someone called him a "boxer" - the replies to that statement are as Zuffa brainwashed as it gets).

Me personally, I moved on from the "UFC vs Boxing" bs in 2004. Don't know why it's been so hard for so many people.

Last edited:
That and thinly veiled blind hate against bjj/mma.

All you have to do is look back at the old Couture and Toney threads and people here talking about how it was a lock for Toney to see that this forum is beyond delusional. Some of the posters here will grasp for any kind of straws humanly possible as a roundabout way of making a point that boxing > mma/wrestling/bjj/whatever, when there are no straws to grasp for they will simply make them up.

This, of course, is not to say that the UFC forum is much better (look for the old threads when JDS was champion and someone called him a "boxer" - the replies to that statement are as Zuffa brainwashed as it gets).

Me personally, I moved on from the "UFC vs Boxing" bs in 2004. Don't know why it's been so hard for so many people.

Besides joking around and a few trolls its pretty widely accepted that both are two different sports and without sufficient long term trainung crossing over is futile.

Besides joking around and a few trolls its pretty widely accepted that both are two different sports and without sufficient long term trainung crossing over is futile.

If the people I'm referring to in this forum are trolling/joking then they have me fooled, many of them sound pretty serious to me - I can tell that SOME of them are joking but many others don't sound that way at all.

Go to one of the threads I mentioned about people calling JDS a "boxer" after he won the title and they sound just as serious over there.

If the people I'm referring to in this forum are trolling/joking then they have me fooled, many of them sound pretty serious to me - I can tell that SOME of them are joking but many others don't sound that way at all.

Go to one of the threads I mentioned about people calling JDS a "boxer" after he won the title and they sound just as serious over there.

I know how most common posters in the boxing subforum feel, and they know the reality of it. And I see these guys post daily, and I have a hard time telling when they are being sarcastic when they are.

What gets argued most here are things like street fighting, and which one would be easier to crossover too. I have a pretty strong opinion on each, but I don't feel like starting that up. When it comes to actual crossover and chance of success then I don't think many decent poster on the boxing subforum would disagree to each his own sport.

I'm not as tuned with the heavies, but there are far more posers there, and with that comes far more idiots.

See I've always thought that's how a really big high profile fight between a young boxer and MMA fighter would end. If the boxer ever really did get in trouble he could just perform an illegal strike such as what Mayorga did. Even if he gets DQd he still won the "fight." Winning with a dodgy move like that is probably worse than if he just won fairly. It makes MMA look kind of pointless if these grapplers could be so easily nullified by a simple dig in the back which is otherwise banned.

And boxers could be so easily nullified by illegal moves in their own 'sport' which is just a tiny part of MMA. Lol...

All you have to do is look back at the old Couture and Toney threads and people here talking about how it was a lock for Toney to see that this forum is beyond delusional.

Source?

*And no, Kid McCoy's blatant (but pretty funny) trolling doesn't count*

fuck this piece of shit scumbag, din Thomas would cut him up with elbows likes hes taking another machete strike

The guy spent the last ten years of his life studying a martial art that got completely wasted by one dodgy knee shot. It kind of makes it look like grappling in MMA would be pretty useless if moves like that were legal.
Thanks for this post. I'll be sure to reference it whenever you masquerade as an MMA fan in the heavies.

he was 5-1. Fight Finder just wishes he was 0-1

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/5/1/4287298/omega-wesley-tiffer-bum-ricardo-mayorga-mma
Tiffer (5-1) has been in the MMA game for nearly a decade, but has not competed professionally since 2009 due to the fact he started up his own fight team, Wesley MMA Team. Tiffer believed his fighting days were over, but when the match up with Mayorga was presented, the 39-year-old couldn't pass up the opportunity.
He would have been undefeated if Sherdog didn't blow his cover.

Mayorga was quite impressive for a lifetime boxer, 40 years old making his MMA debut. Dodgy ending, but impressive. His cardio was killer for his shape and the fact that he spent most of the fight underneath a grappler.

Din Thomas is a 155-lb BJJ black belt and would kill him.

P.S
this fight has given us some mighty troll repellent for the Mayweather fight tonight. Could you imagine how this forum would look right now if Mayorga had lost?

The same, only with a different breed of trolls?

fuck this piece of shit scumbag, din Thomas would cut him up with elbows likes hes taking another machete strike

Careful there chap, that sounds like fighter bashing.

The FBI and I will catch you!

Thanks for this post. I'll be sure to reference it whenever you masquerade as an MMA fan in the heavies.

I don't like grappling. Never pretended I did. I think the main allure of MMA is that it replicates a real fight since it has more open rules, but I've always felt grapplers wouldn't be near as successful in MMA if they didn't have so many rules protecting them.

And boxers could be so easily nullified by illegal moves in their own 'sport' which is just a tiny part of MMA. Lol...

boxing is a sport unto itself, it isn't pretending to be anything else. It has all kinds of rules making sure the flow of "punching" continues. Boxing has always sought to separate itself from street fighting.

MMA has always been the "just bleed this is what happens in a real fight" sport. It's too often claimed that a grappler "will just take down and choke out the boxer" in a real fight. Something like this kind of shows us that a lot of the various mount positions would be impossible to hold in a real fight.

lol Mayorga did better than I thought he would, even against a gimme opponent like Tiffer.

Too bad he had to cheat to win.

boxing is a sport unto itself, it isn't pretending to be anything else. It has all kinds of rules making sure the flow of "punching" continues. Boxing has always sought to separate itself from street fighting.

MMA has always been the "just bleed this is what happens in a real fight" sport. It's too often claimed that a grappler "will just take down and choke out the boxer" in a real fight. Something like this kind of shows us that a lot of the various mount positions would be impossible to hold in a real fight.

Well...if this would have been "a real fight" in the streets for example...they both would have likely been wearing clothes and Tiffer would have been able to maintain control of his opponent easier because of that. Not saying this would ensure victory over Mayorga in a street fight, but it would have added another dynamic that was not present in the match last night.

Back