Has anybody ever officially retired another fighter in the UFC?

Mark Kerr retired some guy with a can opener.

That some guy was Cason I'm sure if that's the exact name but are you talking about the earliest UFC days? That Cason guy came to my wrestling room back in 1997 he was preparing to face Mark Kerr....that was the first time I had heard about the UFC he even had an octagon thing for his car. He actually got me into this sport or aware of it and that's when I went to the dvd store and saw that symbol in the guys car and watched my first ever UFC dvd back in 1999.

Forrest retired Tito, and then retired himself.

And now Tito is coming back.

So...no.

108_Tito_Ortiz_vs_Forrest_Griffin_large_medium.jpg

I'd say Sylvia/Telligman but I'm not sure the first death in the octagon really counts as a retirement.

That some guy was Cason I'm sure if that's the exact name but are you talking about the earliest UFC days? That Cason guy came to my wrestling room back in 1997 he was preparing to face Mark Kerr....that was the first time I had heard about the UFC he even had an octagon thing for his car. He actually got me into this sport or aware of it and that's when I went to the dvd store and saw that symbol in the guys car and watched my first ever UFC dvd back in 1999.

Wow thats pretty cool. Cason was defeated by Kerr via RNC. Igor Borisov was the one who got submitted via can opener.

Machida KOing Randy was a brutal retirement. Same goes for Wand and Stann.

Jeremy-Bullock.jpg

Not UFC... but Travis Fulton sure retired the fuck out of Jeremy Bullock.

"Representing TKD, and about to leave in an ambulance, screaming his head off, never to be seen again..."

Bullock.jpg

Macheeto retired Couture.
Reem retired Lesnar.
Frank Shamrock retired Igor Zinoviev.
Lesnar retired HH.
GSP retired Diaz.

Jeremy-Bullock.jpg

Not UFC... but Travis Fulton sure retired the fuck out of Jeremy Bullock.

"Representing TKD, and about to leave in an ambulance, screaming his head off, never to be seen again..."

Bullock.jpg

You Win Brah :) +1

I still think the best is Matt Hughes retiring 2 different Gracies

Dave Terrell got his ass kicked so bad by Evan Tanner he retired mid fight. Never came back after that fight.

Pretty sure he's referencing Borisov, in Pride. But in those days not everyone was looking at mma as a career, so I dunno if its fair to call it retiring him.

Also I think TS is asking about situations where a fighter got beaten so bad that he was physically shot and didn't have the capability to fight anymore. A forced retirement rather than a voluntary one. Most of the examples in this thread don't fit the bill, otherwise every time a fighter goes out on a loss you could say the other guy retired him. For example I wouldn't say that Machida retired Randy since Randy was close to retirement anyway, and the fight itself didn't really hasten that. Likewise its silly to say Hughes retired either Royce or Renzo since they were.just coming in for one-off fights anyway.

I agree about Shamrock-Zinoviev because the slam injured him so badly he couldn't fight anymore. Another great example is Jens Pulver vs John Lewis. That left hand pretty much destroyed Lewis' head.

Dave Terrell got his ass kicked so bad by Evan Tanner he retired mid fight. Never came back after that fight.

Yeah but he could have, and he had many fights scheduled but kept getting injured in training. His retirement was unrelated to that fight.

What happened to that Jeremy Bullock guy? Was he paralyzed or something...and I have to ask but do you know by any chance if he's related to Sandra Bullock?

Macheeto retired Couture.
Reem retired Lesnar.
Frank Shamrock retired Igor Zinoviev.
Lesnar retired HH.
GSP retired Diaz.

Well by that standard, every retired fighter whose last fight was a loss, got retired by the other fighter? I doubt that's what TS is asking, otherwise there are millions of examples.

Back