Has anybody ever officially retired another fighter in the UFC?

Oh yeah? If a fighter physically makes you unable to compete anymore or mentally destroys someone you don't think a fighter can retire a fighter?

Here is a perfect example....go look it up. TUF reality show had a 2 round 5 minute fight. FIghter A and Fighter B. Fighter A gets hit in the eye in that fight. He goes to the doctor the doctor says he's partially blind and he will be ineligible to fight for the rest of his career... Fighter didn't mean to end someone's career, but he did.

Sometimes fighters don't mean to retire other fighters, but like in this case it happens...that's called retiring a fighter...
This thread needs a revival.

Kimbo retired dada 5000 because the injuries he inflicted on dada (or I guess dada inflicted on himself by cutting a ridiculous amount of weight over a short period and pushing his body well beyond it's limit) should prohibit him from getting a professional license again.

Steve Nelmark said that he wasn't actually out cold when he got folded up by Abbott. "I wasn't even knocked out. If you watch the fight, it looks horrible because I just collapse. He hit a part of my nervous system that knocked my motor functions out. I collapsed because I couldn't move. But I never lost consciousness." He retired after this bout.

Also, has anyone figured out who's being referenced in the comment I replied to? I don't remember a TUF fighter getting retired on the spot like that.
No opponent can actually retire a fighter.

Michael Venom Page retired Cyborg Santos with a flying knee
mvp-ko-1.gif

cyborg_before_after.0.jpg

Cyborg-Santos-Skull.jpeg

/thread

Frankie Perez retired after his 1st UFC win..

Then came back and had 2 losses.

Wanderlei retired Stann and Forrest(officially retired after seeing fight stating he didn't have any more of those in him)

rumble retired tommy speer. (and then he came back)

Michael Venom Page retired Cyborg Santos with a flying knee
mvp-ko-1.gif

cyborg_before_after.0.jpg

Cyborg-Santos-Skull.jpeg

/thread
I hate when people /thread for nothing
Virtually everyone already knew that one from the "TOP 10 WORST MMA INJURIES!!!" articles and videos that always use that image as clickbait. Just like Overeem vs lesner or shogun vs coleman.

Back