Has anybody ever officially retired another fighter in the UFC?

Franklin vs Liddell & almost, but didnt happen...Wandy vs Leben.

For reem vs brock, brock said in the post fight interview that if he won he would fight JDS and try to retire with the belt.

Most of the fighters named on here were planning on retirement and lost the fight. The fights where a fighter got retired are fights like F. Shamrock vs Igor and Pulver vs Jon Lewis.

Frank shamrock vs igor zinoviev

Frank literally dumped him on his head breaking his collarbone not to mention igor was hyped at the time, so frank retired a young lion... Think about that ;)

Frank shamrock... Badass

Schaub retired Big Baby on TUF 10. :eek:

No, he didn't. Big Baby fought once more in the UFC against Matt Mitrione...after Matt Mitrione knocked him clean out he never fought again so actually Matt retired Big Baby..

No, he didn't. Big Baby fought once more in the UFC against Matt Mitrione...after Matt Mitrione knocked him clean out he never fought again so actually Matt retired Big Baby..

I did not know that.

No opponent can actually retire a fighter.

Oh yeah? If a fighter physically makes you unable to compete anymore or mentally destroys someone you don't think a fighter can retire a fighter?

Here is a perfect example....go look it up. TUF reality show had a 2 round 5 minute fight. FIghter A and Fighter B. Fighter A gets hit in the eye in that fight. He goes to the doctor the doctor says he's partially blind and he will be ineligible to fight for the rest of his career... Fighter didn't mean to end someone's career, but he did.

Sometimes fighters don't mean to retire other fighters, but like in this case it happens...that's called retiring a fighter...

Oh yeah? If a fighter physically makes you unable to compete anymore or mentally destroys someone you don't think a fighter can retire a fighter?

Here is a perfect example....go look it up. TUF reality show had a 2 round 5 minute fight. FIghter A and Fighter B. Fighter A gets hit in the eye in that fight. He goes to the doctor the doctor says he's partially blind and he will be ineligible to fight for the rest of his career... Fighter didn't mean to end someone's career, but he did.

Sometimes fighters don't mean to retire other fighters, but like in this case it happens...that's called retiring a fighter...
This thread needs a revival.

Kimbo retired dada 5000 because the injuries he inflicted on dada (or I guess dada inflicted on himself by cutting a ridiculous amount of weight over a short period and pushing his body well beyond it's limit) should prohibit him from getting a professional license again.

Steve Nelmark said that he wasn't actually out cold when he got folded up by Abbott. "I wasn't even knocked out. If you watch the fight, it looks horrible because I just collapse. He hit a part of my nervous system that knocked my motor functions out. I collapsed because I couldn't move. But I never lost consciousness." He retired after this bout.

Also, has anyone figured out who's being referenced in the comment I replied to? I don't remember a TUF fighter getting retired on the spot like that.

Frank shamrock vs igor zinoviev

Frank literally dumped him on his head breaking his collarbone not to mention igor was hyped at the time, so frank retired a young lion... Think about that ;)

Frank shamrock... Badass
And Zinoviev was no joke... Talented...

pascal krause hasnt fought since his face ate lim's knee several years ago. wheres he at?

Back