Mayweather vs Canelo and Mathysse vs Garcia fight night thread

It's not really absurd...

PBF has beat the very best in the world today and has done it easily...

Who are some fighter you rank over PBF?

Hearns? SRL? Hagler? Willie Pep, SRR, Whitaker??

serious question , not trolling.

Whitaker? Come on. Floyd has surpassed Whitaker. Hagler too. The rest are good choices. I could argue against Hearns and maybe even Pep.

Whitaker? Come on. Floyd has surpassed Whitaker. Hagler too. The rest are good choices. I could argue against Hearns and maybe even Pep.

Sorry, should have specificed...in terms of boxing skill and defensive prowess, Whitaker is still one of the best I've ever seen...PBF is right up there as well...

in terms of Resume and accomplishments PBF surpassed him a long time ago.

There are only a handful of fighters (that I have seen) I can say have had a more impressive career and/or maybe were better at the apex of their respective careers...

that would be SRL, and RJJ.

This thread reminds me of the night Manny knocked out Ricky. Fans were throwing Manny in the top 10 ATG that night too. No doubt there is a lot of beer talking in this thread tonight.

PBF is amazing. Probably the best defensive fighter I have seen in my lifetime. However, I am not ready to put him in my top 10 until I see him get knocked down, beaten, and manhandled. You learn a lot more about a fighter in defeat then in victory.

Let's see how the rest of his career unfolds. Chillax!

This thread reminds me of the night Manny knocked out Ricky. Fans were throwing Manny in the top 10 ATG that night too. No doubt there is a lot of beer talking in this thread tonight.

PBF is amazing. Probably the best defensive fighter I have seen in my lifetime. However, I am not ready to put him in my top 10 until I see him get knocked down, beaten, and manhandled. You learn a lot more about a fighter in defeat then in victory.

The difference being Floyd has wiped the floor with everyone he has fought in a career spanning nearly two decades, and Pac hadnt been as dominant and still had fights left to take.

Also, so the fact he has been too good to get kicked around decreases his chance of the top 10 in your view?

Lets put it this way. You could give me 10 names but I guarantee I could make a fair argument for ranking Floyd over at least 5 or 6 of them.

I was rooting for Canelo but he didn't win a single round. Great job by Mayweather as always.

He's a rarity in that he doesn't really have weaknesses. Even with great you could say X type of fighter gives them trouble or they dont do as well against Y, everyone goes down the same way against Mayweather, they cant hit him and they get stinging painful shots throughout, and they give up around round 7 and just follow him around getting beaten up.

Holy shit. Almost 4 am. I have to go to bed. I'm an old man.

I wish Mayweather threw more duck-under lead right hands this fight

He's a rarity in that he doesn't really have weaknesses. Even with great you could say X type of fighter gives them trouble or they dont do as well against Y, everyone goes down the same way against Mayweather, they cant hit him and they get stinging painful shots throughout, and they give up around round 7 and just follow him around getting beaten up.

Its truly amazing. I appreciate the fuck out of that. Ive never seen anything like it before. I was more amazed that he did that to JMM than anyone but the excuses were he came up in weight. Since that fight Jmm has been on top and Floyd has done the same to other fighters.

Canelo was a great victory for him. Floyd is truly amazing

This, it's normally one his best punches. Dunno if he was just wary of Canelo's uppercut and played it safe.

Canelo actually had a lot of Floyd's go to punches well scouted.

You know how Floyd rarely throws a straight jab (at least with power) and instead changes it to a hook at the last moment?

Canelo knew it was coming so he kept his right high. The few times Floyd threw it he struggled to land.

Of course, Floyd just starting throwing straight jabs through Alvarez's now open guard but the point remains... he had Floyd well scouted. It's just that Floyd could adapt and Alvarez couldn't.

dude..i had Pac winning by 1 round i believe. so..to have judges go the way isn't really a robbery. You sound like a butthurt fan.

You obviously can't grasp what i'm trying to say, so you might as well stop posting. My point is that he's a hypocrite because of how he thinks CJ Ross is a bad judge tonight but not when it suits his argument and is against a fighter he loves to hate.

I wasn't asking how people scored the fight and nobody cares how you scored it anyways, so i don't know why you put that there. Um, good for you i guess?

Canelo fucking those ropes up.

0000.gif

Hahaha.

I hope there's a gif or pic of Mayweather's reaction to the scorecard, that was priceless.

Back