PWD 162: This'll Put Butts In Seats!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the fuck are people on forums/websites comparing Miz's battle royal antics to Flair's RR win in 1992?

I've been reading several sites today, and people are like: "Yeah, Miz doing the same shit as Flair in 92". Seriously, have these people even seen this match? Flair went after EVERYBODY in that RR, he even jumped Taker, when UT was still the demon that everyone cowered in front of. He was put over as a legitimate, super in shape champion. Heenan and Monsoon continually referred to that fact that the WWE guys were very worried about Ric, and what a threat he was.

Miz on the other hand is gone for 95% of the match, jumps in and wins. It makes him look weak, and makes the rest of the guys in the match look like idiots for not having thought of and used the same tactics.

Flair was #3 in that one, right? So he pretty much lasted the whole time, and once again (even near the end of his prime) proved why he was the iron man in the 80s.

I was under the impression that a lot of cable companies were refusing to carry WWE PPVs because they're against the idea of the network.

Yeah that's what I hear too, but some still do carry them. Still makes WWE look foolish and desperate shilling their network on ppv.

During last night's WWE Battleground event, The Miz won the Battle Royal to become the new Intercontinental Champion. He eliminated Dolph Ziggler, who thought he had one and didn't realize Miz had been hiding out on the floor.

The original plan was for Ziggler to win the Battle Royal, but it was decided on Tuesday at a production meeting to give it to Miz instead. The change was made because Miz will be doing a lot of media appearances in the next few weeks and has The Marine 4 coming out.

The Miz will now feud with Sheamus before moving on to face Ziggler.

Hey guys, I am going to my first RAW and am wondering which seats you would take in the green section. I am thinking lower 209 would be the best but I am not too sure. Thanks.

seatmap-2014-wweraw.jpg

lol you really want an answer dont you

Flair was #3 in that one, right? So he pretty much lasted the whole time, and once again (even near the end of his prime) proved why he was the iron man in the 80s.

Yes sir. Bulldog and Dibiase were 1 & 2

That was an amazing Rumble. Future HOF'ers in it:

Dibiase, Flair, HBK, Santana, Kerry, Greg the Hammer, Nikolai, Piper, Jake, Hacksaw, Snuka, Taker (lead pipe lock), Savage (obviously should be), Hogan, Sheiky baby, Sarge.

Throw in other greats like Hercules, Darsow (as the terrible repo man gimmick) and Steve Keirn (see also) plus Brain and Gorilla and you have a helluva show right there. I can sit and watch the whole thing straight through anytime, and I never get tired of it

While I'm on RR 1992, who in the bluest of blue hells is Chris Walker?

Dark match Chris Walker defeated The Brooklyn Brawler by disqualification

Last edited:
Yes sir. Bulldog and Dibiase were 1 & 2

That was an amazing Rumble. Future HOF'ers in it:

Dibiase, Flair, HBK, Santana, Kerry, Greg the Hammer, Nikolai, Piper, Jake, Hacksaw, Snuka, Taker (lead pipe lock), Savage (obviously should be), Hogan, Sheiky baby, Sarge.

Throw in other greats like Hercules, Darsow (as the terrible repo man gimmick) and Steve Keirn (see also) plus Brain and Gorilla and you have a helluva show right there. I can sit and watch the whole thing straight through anytime, and I never get tired of it

Heenan on commentary was gold in that Rumble.

if WWE had any cojones, they'd used those complaint tweets, and have lana read them on air during a promo. Even mimic and exaggerate the voices behind those tweets.

Heenan on commentary was gold in that Rumble.

When the RR was about half way through and Flair has just eliminated Big Boss Man to be in the ring alone for a minute:

Heenan: "Yes, he did it!, Flairs the champ!"

Monsoon: "What!?? Theres still a lot more guys!"

. . . Piper's music hits

Heenan: "Oh no!"

Comparing Miz's performance in the BR to Flair's performance in the 1992 Rumble simply isn't fair. It's not fair to Flair.

When the RR was about half way through and Flair has just eliminated Big Boss Man to be in the ring alone for a minute:

Heenan: "Yes, he did it!, Flairs the champ!"

Monsoon: "What!?? Theres still a lot more guys!"

. . . Piper's music hits

Heenan: "Oh no!"

My favorite...

I never thought I'd say this, but thank you Piper. It's a kilt. It's not a skirt, it's a kilt.

(Piper hits Flair)

You no good creep! You skirt-wearing freak! It's not a kilt, it's a skirt.

You have to remember. Virgil once had that million dollar belt. Of course he stole it, but he still had it. Virgil entered at what, 23? I mean, who knows how many bags he's been through in the back?

The only good thing about that show was the opener. Love how they advertise a match then call it off. Glad I didn't pay money for that shit. Kofi's thing where he landed on Big E was cool. About the only good thing Kofi is good for.

Hahaha damn you guys, now I have to watch the 92 Rumble today. That truly was an awesome show.

This is what's truly hilarious about Pro Wrestling and people's hatred of it.

"I can't believe people watch this shit, people take this seriously?! Oh my god! They have just done something that I take offence to! This is VERY serious, and action should be taken!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back