Pro Wrestling Discussion 177: Lunatic Fringe, We All Know You're Out There!

Not many people saw it, but this was the introduction to how NXT is now.

I wonder what happened to Richie Steamboat. He got injured, but did they fire him then?

It's nice to know that crazy only-would-happen-in-rassin type of stuff like Vince willing to litterally make guys fight to get respect still happen. Allegedly at least.

1.2.gif

Brock beating a second ranked heavyweight in college.

1.2.gif

Brock beating a second ranked heavyweight in college.

That was Brock's big rival in college, Wes Hand of Iowa. They always had close matches and Hand was one of the few people to beat Lesnar once he got to Minnesota. This match was held at Carver Hawkeye Arena which was home to Iowa, so it was a big deal when Brock pinned Wes then. At that moment, Lesnar was #9 in the country and Hand was #2.

I just cant see Vince hating Randy over a sponsorship deal if he wished Randy well when he left
Sponsorships are just business and its not likely Randy forced them to leave WWF

Depends on how big the deal was, Vince was hurting financially at the time and I believe this happened during or right after the steroid trial. Vince probably held a grudge because his best friend left him in a difficult spot without notice or even an apology. Macho being Macho probably felt that Vince shafted him due to his position in the company and they never resolved it.

I wonder what happened to Richie Steamboat. He got injured, but did they fire him then?

Yeah, he's gone from the company, he had a spinal injury, and I think the released him after his surgery, and he's not even on the indies. His last match was nearly 2 years ago. So, he might have retired.

As he showed in 97, Savage could still go in the ring. Vince shouldn't have made him a commentary guy only.

Watched some of that Cornette Q&A but you cant hear any of the questions only his answers
I'll tell you what though his wife Synn was a hot little chubby slut back then
Oh yes she was

I can't watch Q&As like that. Pass a fucking mic to the people asking questions if you're filming it.

From jerichos book

On a flight vince made a snide remark to kofi about "someday maybe you will get over" with visibly upset kingston. As they were getting off the plane Jericho told kofi that he had to go back and challenge vince to a fight. Kofi thought he was joking but jeticho knowing vince's personality said he had to do it.

Kofi confronted vince and asked him if he had a problem. Some words were exchanged and vince shot in for a double leg. They wrestled around for a bit before vince stood up and laughed it off. He liked that kofi stood up to him though.

So Miz must have beat the shit out of Vince

So Miz must have beat the shit out of Vince

Miz managed it by being Mr. 'I'll do it!". Hey, we need someone to go to Malaysia, Thailand, India and Dubai starting Saturday, but be back in time for Raw... Miz'll do it. Hey, someone needs to go on Jimmy Fallon for 14 seconds, Miz'll do it.

Miz will do literally anything, usually because nobody else will.

I wouldnt be suprised if it was even more than that. I cant imagine who the hell wanted to see Lindland vs Fedor.

14,000 Fedormentalists, who rejoiced in a collective scream of "FEDOR BEAT AN OLYMPIC SILVER MEDALLIST!!"

I love how the biggest draw in mma history is a rassler and nobody gave a shit about Fedor's ppvs.

And he only needed to cheat a little!

I hope you're not saying he grabbed the rope, his hand was merely resting on the rope, and wasn't being gripped in the slightest. Fedor is that good, he used Lindland's own momentum against him, despite being lifted off his feet.

And, he wouldn't do such a thing against Henderson either!

fedorgrab.jpg

I love how the biggest draw in mma history is a rassler and nobody gave a shit about Fedor's ppvs.

What are you talking about, Fedor is the biggest draw in MMA history! He drew 22,000 people to Moscow that one time. I'd like to see the UFC do that! Obviously without GSP... Or Lesnar... (yes, a Fedormentalist said that)

Back