What is the worst prolonged beatdown in your opinion

JDS vs Carwin was pretty bad.

Yea i came to say this. I don't remember the whole fight but i wanted the ref to just stop it at one point and it just kept going on. Carwin seemed like a walking punching bag after a while, and against one of the hardest punchers in the UFC.

Semmy Schilt vs Sergei Kharitonov.

Semmy was litterally groaning in pain for about 5 minutes during a ruthless GnP barrage. Brutal shit, those groans haunt me to this day.

2uqoufm.gif

<DCrying>

This came to mind first.

Glover vs Fabio was a product of Maldonados toughness

Semmy was litterally groaning in pain for about 5 minutes during a ruthless GnP barrage. Brutal shit, those groans haunt me to this day.

2uqoufm.gif

<DCrying>

Like Igor/Enson though that's one of those tough ones in that its more slow relentless punishment rather than rapid GnP over a short spell that might get the ref to step in, plus Semmy like Enson being held down potentially disguised how badly he was hurt.

One of the worst ironically ended up as a comeback win, Sakuraba/Smirnovas.

Last edited:
Cain vs JDS 2 and 3 were easily some of the worst beatdowns in mma history.

that's the exact fight that came to mind when i read the title.
Not a prolonged beat down as Silva hurt Brown a few times. But man when Brown got the upper hand he must've knocked 500% off Silvas virtual health meter. Silva took a ton of damage.

The Cain JDS fights were rough, JDS Carwin was pretty bad IIRC but I need to rewatch it. Khabib - MJ was rough.

I tend to think the biggest problem with JDS/Cain 2 & 3 was actually Jnr's corner, in the 3rd fight especially he should be been pulled out after the 3rd round.

Cain pretty much ruined Juniors career

Should
Of been stopped, live to fight another day

Honestly I think the biggest problem in the short term wasn't the punishment Cain inflicted(although I suspect that's now catching up to Jnr) but rather than he showed the formula to beat him, pretty much everyone since then has done the same thing and Jnr has looked much shakier even when winning.

I just rewatched Matt Brown vs Erick Silva again and man, kid got his ass whooped for a while before the stoppage

I know there’s a bunch of others but I’m tired as fuck and I’ll let you all chime in
Just gonna drop this one in

giphy.gif

No shogun vs jones?

2uqoufm.gif

<DCrying>
looks like live torture

Stipe/Hunt
Igor/Enson
The Stipe/Hunt fight was simply a wrestlefuck, there was lots of GNP, but I dont understand how people keep bringing that up as if he just beat the shit out of him. He threw weak ass GNP to stay in position to not let hunt up, right until the stoppage. Stipe's a pussy. Hope Ngannou murders him.

Back