Media “Did anybody in here score it for Volkanovski?” - Dana at PostFightPressConference

1,2 Max
4,5 Volk
It comes down to round 3 and imo nobody decisively won it so anyway anyone chose is acceptable.
= no rematch please

Round 3 is the one that decided the fight. Could have went either way, but after i rewatched, i thought Volk took 3, 4 and 5.

Max let off the gas and faded alot after the 3rd round.

It was a toss up based off how the scoring system works. I realize Max is a fan favorite, but you guys need to relax
Yeah I had max 3-2, but he seemed to gas in the last few rounds which is odd for him. Even though I felt he won it is easy to argue that Volk won 3,4 and 5....I felt it was a bad decision but not a robbery in any sense.

It sucks for Max though as I doubt he ever gets the chance to fight Volk again.

What a fucking lunatic

My first message in this thread currently has 5 Sherdog Likes.

That fact is somewhat important to me because I had over 1,500 Sherdog Likes before The Sherdog Like Purge of 2020.

What a fucking lunatic

I was almost GUNNED DOWN in my life (seriously). I'm grateful that I still have any brain cells left.

Max vs Volk was like the urdefinition of a super-close fight that hitched almost entierly on one 50-50 round.

Of course Dana is going to be stupid enough to announce this as some kind of robbery. Doesn't he realize that he's throwing his new champion under the buss? Like, if Alexander is what he's going to have to work with -- maybe not defame the man with ludacris accusations? He realizes that he's just torpedoing his own ability to make money, right?

I wish Dana would have the foresight to not make these statements without truly having scored the fight himself. Saying they need new judges because of that decision is exactly why we have unbiased non-company loyal judges

What happened to not leaving it in the hands of the judges, Dana?

That it's 2020 and people still think takedowns that go nowhere mean something.... is just amazing.
the same people screaming about max having octagon control are the same people screaming that those takedowns shouldn’t have been scored

Max should move to LW and have a run there. No need to run this back again. Thanks

3rd fight can happen. There is no featherweight contender that is a clear #1. No one streaking. Let the contenders fight, and these boys scrap a 3rd time.

3 was close. Could of gone either way. I had a feeling the moment it was a split decision that Volk was going to get it.

Had Volk not “scored” the two “takedowns”, I think Max would of gotten the split. That’s when I think knockdowns should weigh heavier than takedowns. I think 4 was clear Volk, but 5 was another good round for both of them until Volk scored the takedown. I did have it 3-2 Max, but like I said, 3 was a toss-up. I like Volk, so I can’t hate.

Max clearly won that. Just like every pro fighter/dana thought. Not surprised that you morons on this forum think he lost.

Because the Sherdog narrative before was how Max had nothing for Volk in the rematch.

Those significant strike counts are hilarious too. Lmao @ counting Volk's little leg slaps as significant strikes.

Back