“To the death Georges”

Yup, most humiliating thing ever. MMA's very own "No mas" moment. After saying he was prepared to die in there....just got completely crushed and couldn't handle the humiliation. Must have been the origin of his cuckold fetish. The GOAT ruined that man.

Rockhold vs Bisping. Brought obnoxiousness and arrogance to a new high pre-fight. Think he was trying to be like Conor but lacked the charisma to make it work. Then acting the victim post fight, that postfight conference where Bisping verbally KOed him again was comedy gold. They need to go back to that format

What about getting knocked out by a LW guido TUF winner? Does that let you know the caliber of fighters during GSPs run?

You mean the lightweight with excellent bjj, low center of gravity and good power. Also, who is very skilled and respected by his peers?

Good point indeed, young rookie.

He didn't quit on his stool! His corner stopped the fight! There's a huge difference! GSP was a quitter as he had quit 2 times already in his career at that time. He lost to BJ in the first fight and realized from first fight that he shouldn't take BJ down as he likely gets submitted, so he cheated by greasing take away BJ's submissions! This fight should have been ruled a NO CONTEST! This cheating is worse than steroids as he literally took his smaller opponents best chance of winning away! I think this fight shows the cowardice of GSP more than anything else. Your whole post is a fucking joke!
Lol GSP ruined this kid's life

I mean it was his corner who stopped the fight. At least bj shy away from fighting people bigger than him, guy wanted to fight randy and Wandy for gods sake. Today’s fighters won’t even fight people in their own division never mind a weight class up.

Damn, this far into the thread and no obligatory street KO gif.

giphy.gif

I'm still upset Condit let Greg Jackson ruin the diaz fight. Condit talked it up but he didnt come after Diaz like he said he would. I think Condit could have finished him but he let Greg Jackson make a game plan

"As long as I'm breathing as long as I'm conscious I'm coming for him you know they are gonna have to carry me out of that octagon" "ask nick diaz he knows he's in for a fight"

Last edited:
Well
Getting knocked out by a drunk fat guy let’s you know the caliber of the fighters in the UFC during bj’s run with the strap.
That's not complementing goat sp over his wins vs bj lol

BJ Penn enjoyed "a soft moment" in the UFC.

He was a fat guy, with a lot of potential, but never was a TRUE CHAMPION ... he was unwilling to diet, and really do the best he could, at a lower (his best) weight.

Instead, B.J. Penn tried to "get by on talent," and suffered the consequences when facing the elite.

Penn was a great fighter.

but yeah, the GSP 2 fight was humiliating & the aftermath was some of the most embarrassing stuff I have ever seen

“the corner stopped it” is equally embarrassing. If BJ wanted to keep fighting he would have kept fighting. He wanted out & didn’t make any effort to keep going

I don’t blame the guy. He should have quit. GSP was killing him.

as for Penn being some sort of warrior, he wilted multiple times in tough fights. Hughes 2 is prime example (I was cheering so hard against Hughes)

this stuff happens. Everybody will quit if they get beaten enough. Ali admitted he was about the quit in the Thrilla

just accept it & move on

Last edited:
Remember when BJ was calling GSP a quitter, and how he was coming to kill him etc... BJ Penn quote before his rematch with GSP.

"Georges, I'm going to go to the death,"

Then he proceeds to quit on the stool in between rounds. I mean it’s one thing to lose to a better fighter, and I don’t even have a problem with a fighter throwing in the towel when he sees he’s beat... but when you talk that kinda shit, then quit with 5 minutes to go, it’s gotta be the most classic example of embarrassing yourself and putting your foot in your mouth. I can’t think of a better example, that has to be #1.

images

Some honorable mentions:

-Connor talking about turning guys into panic wrestlers, then shooting in on pillow fist Nate when the going got tough.

-Also that French dude on one of the first ultimate fighter seasons when he said he came to prove the stereotype that the French are a bunch of pussies wrong, then quit after round one with no apparent injury, fear in his eyes and all.

<36>

Any other good examples of pre fight trash talk gone wrong?

This reminds me when Daniel Cormier said he was "willing to die in the cage" to beat Jon Jones.

Remember when BJ was calling GSP a quitter, and how he was coming to kill him etc... BJ Penn quote before his rematch with GSP.

Then he proceeds to quit on the stool in between rounds. I mean it’s one thing to lose to a better fighter, and I don’t even have a problem with a fighter throwing in the towel when he sees he’s beat... but when you talk that kinda shit, then quit with 5 minutes to go, it’s gotta be the most classic example of embarrassing yourself and putting your foot in your mouth. I can’t think of a better example, that has to be #1.

images

Some honorable mentions:

-Connor talking about turning guys into panic wrestlers, then shooting in on pillow fist Nate when the going got tough.

-Also that French dude on one of the first ultimate fighter seasons when he said he came to prove the stereotype that the French are a bunch of pussies wrong, then quit after round one with no apparent injury, fear in his eyes and all.

<36>

I remember that french fighter story ! He came back like forty two years later saying it ruined his coaching career and that he trained like crazy to redeem himself. I think he lost a boring ass UD in TUF selection fights...

The time when Forest Griffin said he’ll easily beat Anderson Silva and the fans will be saying “that’s it?”

images

Some honorable mentions:

<36>

Remember when you told your girl you won't walkt tomorrow? We all talk shit, that's life :)

Costa comes to mind recently. That dude talked so much smack about Izzy and then stunk it up so bad in the ring.

BJ was a funny shit talker though. You kinda knew half the stuff he said was just man talk that even he didnt believe. With Costa it was a bit different. I think he actually believed he would murder Izzy in there and just froze like a deer in headlights.
Weird thing with Costa was he could have done it like BJ and eat some Crow for a while. The fight bizz.
But he chose to wear a diper on his head forever! I can never take him serious again. If you let us say this and that we will free you in then end as fans. But Costa..

Back