▀▄▀▄▀▄ SHERDOG'S 2016 FANTASY FOOTBALL ▀▄▀▄▀▄

It really sky rockets the value of an important position. I play in multiple 2qb leagues* and i find it weird that in standard formats i can draft a top 10 qb in the ninth round or during the season pick up a top 15 qb off the wire. I'll put it this way, if you played in a 1RB league, wouldn't you want to advocate for at least 2RB's?

* = 10 team.
That's why standard formats lack realism. I think the way I designed my league goes a little way in combating that. My goal (one of them at least) was to make the Live Draft mirror the way an actual NFL draft really goes. A franchise defining QB should be in the 1st round discussion, just like it is for NFL teams. The elite QBs should go in the in the first few rounds, or at least be a logical pick for a team. Bumping QB value for touchdowns, passing yards, etc, helps convey their value. You also have the scarcity in my league that you'd find in a 2 QB league since there's 20 teams. Add those tweaks together and I think it makes the QB position much more realistic and fun to play with. Being able to sit on getting a QB for 9-10 rounds and then drafting a more than viable option shows the fundamental flaw in how fantasy deals with that position.

You can't sleep on getting a QB in my league.

Does anyone want to do a dynasty league

I might be interested. I've never done one.

On a similar note, has anyone ever set up a keeper league on ESPN before? I tried last year but I couldn't figure out how to make the keepers have values other than 1st and 2nd round picks. I ended up running it on NFL.com which had everything I needed to set up the draft but once the season came around, it was god-awful.

I've done some leagues on NFL, but really didn't like it. I just stick with Yahoo nowadays.

My body is ready.

Yahoo is the GOAT for fantasy. CBS is a close 2nd. Its really good for keeper leagues and beats Yahoo there since it adds players sooner. I used to only use ESPN until I started joining sherdog leagues and no I don't use it at all. Only thing not Yahoo league is CBS baseball keeper league

I want in on this!

I'm a real gm, I will stay active and I plan on winning so if there's a spot for a competitive gm sign me up.

Currently on a 3 year championship winning streak in one of my leagues that I probably won't get invited back into lol

Mmmm that time of the year again. Took a quick look at draft boards on ESPN and Yahoo. The era of the WR has finally begun.

Yeah ranking wise they are finally giving WR the credit they deserve.

I want in on this!

I'm a real gm, I will stay active and I plan on winning so if there's a spot for a competitive gm sign me up.

Currently on a 3 year championship winning streak in one of my leagues that I probably won't get invited back into lol
I updated the OP with your info.

Now that Game of Thrones is over and it's close to July, it's time to start getting a little more serious about this.

I don't know if anyone who was tagged in the OP received notifications after I edited the post, so I'm going to tag people in this post. If you played last season and you still want to join, please post in this thread or send me a PM letting me know you want back in. I want to finalize the leagues ASAP.
@saugeye killah
@Pride23
@sickc0d3r
@The Green Lantern
@TD2
@Foster
@themainman
@the ambush
@Alex5124
@R-DAWG
@speakhandsforme
@akutz1

Thanx for the reinvite but I'ma pass
#coronahashepC

Is it that time already? Yeah, count me in please and thanks.

Beyond ready to get it going. I'm psyched.

Man, huge turnover in big names and ADPs this year. The top RBs go against my strategy as theyre all so young and unproven in terms of consistency.

Man, huge turnover in big names and ADPs this year. The top RBs go against my strategy as theyre all so young and unproven in terms of consistency.

Yeah the ADP is interesting this year more so than the last couple seasons. What's your strategy? RB heavy early?

I've been using the WR heavy early strat the past two seasons with success but it seems like EVERYONE is using that strat this year in mocks.

Now that we're a month away from preseason, it's time to start getting serious about the leagues. I'll be messaging previous owners soon and then opening up the leagues to new owners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back