⚔ JDS Calls Out Lesnar: Unfinished Business (TUF)

JDS vs. Lesnar

• Total voters
Well, bjj is his base.

28p8pt.jpg

Brock can make him very tentative with the right gameplan.

Brock has been changing bum lives way before Conor. Shane Carwin got near 1.5 mil for his Brock fight

Before JDS fought Rothwell I would have said Brock all day. But JDS ain't done yet. I still think Dos Santos would find Brock's chin eventually.

Did any of you 25% watch JDS and see how crisp his boxing looked in his last match? These poll results blow my mind. Brock hasn't fought since late 2011.

The 17 people who voted for Lesnar think WWE is real and that Brock is gonna take Hunt to suplex city. Big are they in for a rude awakening.

I'll have to wait to see what Brock is like before I would want to see this fight. When Brock was title fighting he was amazing. But he's been out a while. Who knows what his training since then has been. He is like 37 years old. He needs some time in the gym and a few fights before you throw him in there with some top 5'ers

I'd watch. I can't speak for JDS, but anyone that watched MANY Mark Hunt K-1 fights knows the truth. All of you Mark Hunt MMA fans that have just basically read about Mark's kickboxing career have no concept of what I am about to explain.

Are any of you aware that not only is Hunt capable of kicking, he was damn good with them against vastly superior strikers to the average MMA HW. It isn't like his kicks are not EXCELLENT if not the BEST in the entire UFC HW division.

For real, Mark has thrown like zero kicks in his 12 year MMA career, due to his extremely poor striking and mid level TDD at best. A skill that he is very adapt at that DOES apply heavily in MMA is still 12 years later N/A to Mark due to his inability to change his ground game to a competitive state in the division.

12 years later, he is taken down 2 seconds after he so much thinks of lifting his tree trunk to throw a kick. He simply isn't good working from his back, nor escaping from bottom.

JDS isn't going to be 1/2 as effective "kicking" at Brock than Mir's flying knee was. If you think the JDS gets up from under Brock you are grossly mistaken.

Chances are his hands put Brock to sleep same as they did to Cain in part 1. I do honestly think the Cain and The Reem are Brocks two worst matchups in the WC due to their excellent grappling being able to not allow Brock to neutralize them, and striking powerful enough to put him away.

Both Cain and Reem beat Brock standing and can survive/ escape Brock on the ground.

JDS should smash is face, but you still have the classic grappler vs. striker matchup.

I will go out on a limb and say that white belt Brock Lesnar taps out black belt JDS 10 out of 10 times in ADCC rules submission grappling matchup it I can get away without getting Dubbed!

JDS 2016 is certainly not what he once was. I think we have to favour JDS in this matchup but Brock certainly has the power, speed and agility to bulldoze JDS up against the cage and to say JDS doesn't like being held up against the cage is an understatement. From there it's a 285lb high level wrestler vs a 240 MMA scrambler. Can JDS consistently get to his feet and escape the clinch against Brock and find space to punch? Probably not. But can he do it enough to stop Brock on the feet? Maybe. Maybe not.

Chances are his hands put Brock to sleep same as they did to Cain in part 1. I do honestly think the Cain and The Reem are Brocks two worst matchups in the WC due to their excellent grappling being able to not allow Brock to neutralize them, and striking powerful enough to put him away.

Both Cain and Reem beat Brock standing and can survive/ escape Brock on the ground.

You think Brock would try to stand and box with JDS in the middle of the cage like Velasquez did the first time? You think JDS has the grappling game of Velasquez or Overeem? JDS better hit the bullseye on Brock very quickly or he will be getting wrestleraped again but this time by a much heavier, stronger man.

You think Brock would try to stand and box with JDS in the middle of the cage like Velasquez did the first time? You think JDS has the grappling game of Velasquez or Overeem? JDS better hit the bullseye on Brock very quickly or he will be getting wrestleraped again but this time by a much heavier, stronger man.

Not at all I don't. I just don't see how many think that Brock has so little chance against JDS (basing it largely off JDS vs. Cain I). I am not saying that JDS is totally inept at grappling, but the fact is, he is NOT GOOD AT ALL off of his back. That in and of itself does not make JDS blackbelt a 100% complete and total joke and cracker jack box prize material. Truth be told however, his display of grappling in MMA should have the McDojo that awarded him a blackbelt put on a stop work order!

Were it not for Brock's legendary gymnastic prowess after getting hit in the face, I wouldn't give JDS more than 2 wins in 10 against Brock in MMA.

The fact does remain that Brock reacts seriously poorly to being hit in the face. JDS hits harder than Cain, has faster hands, and is more accurate winging bombs. If JDS catches Brock the way he caught Cain, I don't see Brock having any luck. I therefore see it as a close toss up 50/50 fight.

Brock should rematch both Mir and Carwin if he wins at 200. Then make him fight for the title against preferably The Reem. Maybe Fedor.

Back