• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

$1,000 in your pocket right now, what gun you buying?

Ash E Larry

God D@mn I love me!
@Black
Reaction score
I came into a little money, so i am trying to decide what gun i would like to buy next.

Living in California, my options will have no more than 10 rounds, and so far they are:

* Ruger GP100 3 inch, and a shit load of ammo.
* Sig Sauer 1911, SS with Tac Rail.
* CZ 75 Compact , and a shit load of ammo.
* Beretta 92fs, and some ammo.

Thoughts on these, and what would be your gun(s) of choice?

Remington 700 in .308 for deer or .22/250 for coyotes.

Probably an AK of some kind, with lots of extras.

Sig Sauer 1911 Tacops. But I'm partial to 1911's.
IMG_1060_zpstnsv2ooy.jpg

If you've never looked at a ****an 357 magnum, take a look at them. I really really like mine. It's like a 1911 on steroids. You can change the included spring and shoot 38 specials. It's 100% American made.

Last edited:
CZ, then the Sig from what you posted. I've always been a Springfield 1911 fan though.

get the sig......but 1911s are a bit overated....polymers are the way to go now

Sig P226 - enhanced elite, Scorpion TB or tac ops.
or
Sig 1911

Or 4 AR lowers.

Last edited:
Sig P226 elite
or
Sig 1911

Or 4 AR lowers.

Quantico had 5 Anderson lowers for $200 last week.

LOL.

I couldn't resist. My dad was going to buy a set as well. I had to pump the brakes and realize 10 more lowers means 10 more AR's I have to build.

Anyhow - $1k in my pocket? I don't know. I have everything I need. I have everything I want. I would probably grab an optic and some AK drums.

If I had to buy 1 of the choices you listed it would be the CZ75 with ammo. I would go full size though. Not compact. Full size CZ75 run about $475 round it out to $500. I would buy 1k rounds of ball for $250, maybe grab some really bad as electronic ear muffs. A few targets. Then about 10 hour long range sessions.

Mission complete.

Quantico had 5 Anderson lowers for $200 last week.

LOL.

I couldn't resist. My dad was going to buy a set as well. I had to pump the brakes and realize 10 more lowers means 10 more AR's I have to build.

Anyhow - $1k in my pocket? I don't know. I have everything I need. I have everything I want. I would probably grab an optic and some AK drums.

If I had to buy 1 of the choices you listed it would be the CZ75 with ammo. I would go full size though. Not compact. Full size CZ75 run about $475 round it out to $500. I would buy 1k rounds of ball for $250, maybe grab some really bad as electronic ear muffs. A few targets. Then about 10 hour long range sessions.

Mission complete.

Yeah I like the fancy lowers though.

With 1k I'm surprised you didn't say upgrades for your Benelli M2, unless of course you already did some. I want to get a Taran Tactical M2.

I came into a little money, so i am trying to decide what gun i would like to buy next.

Living in California, my options will have no more than 10 rounds, and so far they are:

* Ruger GP100 3 inch, and a shit load of ammo.
* Sig Sauer 1911, SS with Tac Rail.
* CZ 75 Compact , and a shit load of ammo.
* Beretta 92fs, and some ammo.

Thoughts on these, and what would be your gun(s) of choice?

Depending on how many 1911's you have I'd be eyeing that CZ if it were a good deal.

Personally, I'd like a SIG P226 Tacops in 9mm. Possibly I'd throw down for a VEPR-12 or one of those LH Rock River AR's. I'm a sucker for the exotic.

normal_Uzi_Girls_With_Guns_Asian_Theme_Desktop_Wallpapers_Vvallpaper_net.jpg

Something I've seen a few people do, and the results are great, is to buy their preferred CZ and send it to H&M for nitriding. Now you've got CZ accuracy, ergos, and reliability; with the corrosion resistance of a Glock. It would be very tough to beat. Well worth the $250 bucks to have it done, as it can extend the life of your gun by 5-10k rounds.

On a $1500 budget I'd go with the new anniversary piece.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-b-40th-anniversary-limited-edition/

CZ14_75B_40thaniv-L-e1416945912273-500x345.png

Sex, pure sex.

For me it would be one of these:

96690_1911_black_ops.png

Para-Ordnance Black Ops... they're like $1250 MSRP I think though so it would probably be used to stay under budget.

An Ambi lower/upper MEGA Maten set plus Geissele SSA trigger

Kimber Tactical Entry 1911. Another MSRP of like $1500 so it would have to be used

Kimber Custom TLE/RL II. This is a $1200 or so gun so it wouldn't be too bad.

With 1k I'm surprised you didn't say upgrades for your Benelli M2, unless of course you already did some. I want to get a Taran Tactical M2.

+7 Tube is on. Clamp is on. Extended Bolt is on.

Buying the Taran extended lifter after I move. I will do the porting the next time I have the trigger group out.

Back