10 worst cities to live in the U.S.

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
35348052_10156183841975667_1378743441852203008_n.png

What makes these cities so bad and what can be done to help?

Well if you’re not poor as fuck and living in the shitty parts of town then all those cities are just fine.

Other than Detroit.

I had a project in Memphis that lasted 3 weeks at a childrens hospital right downtown. I stayed in a hotel like 3 minutes away for the first week, but made a much better decision to stay 30 minutes away and commute the next 2 weeks. I'm pretty sure there were more homeless people than normal people when I walked downtown. From what I could tell all the doctors who worked at the hospital did the same.

Chicago must have some absolutely amazing neighborhoods to never be on these lists since they are always up there for most shootings.

True dat. I drive up all the time for shows and have been going to Riotfest for years. People shit talk it out of ignorance.

The food scene in Chicago is top notch. I was there about a month and a half ago and I loved it there.

Nope. I have all my pieces :p

So you're insistent on claiming Chicago is some death trap while having never been there based on what exactly? Some numbers you heard on the news, instead of listening to people who actually go or live there?

So you're insistent on claiming Chicago is some death trap while having never been there based on what exactly? Some numbers you heard on the news, instead of listening to people who actually go or live there?

Statistics are usually pretty good, but I wouldn't turn down a trip to Chicago, just never been there, but I also wouldn't visit the bad parts.

This ain't me
29151de09da3ec5a90ea19cfbbd1a037.jpg

Statistics are usually pretty good, but I wouldn't turn down a trip to Chicago, just never been there, but I also wouldn't visit the bad parts.

This ain't me
29151de09da3ec5a90ea19cfbbd1a037.jpg

Raw numbers are just that. Numbers. They don't tell a story or provide the narrative.

Chicago is a fine city. Much of the violence is criminals killing each other. Like most the violence in major cities. A sad story of violence happening outside of that being promoted on fox news pulls at emotional heart strings. But it's not the norm.

So I'm trying to understand this thing that happens in the war room where people who have never been to somewhere like California or chicago attempt to shit on them, without having ever actually been there.

I got to chicago for weekends at a time every couple months. It's a great city.

Back