News 10 years of WMMA in the UFC, Sherbros rejoice.

Lets celebrate the diversity of our strengths. Who would be a better assassin - for instance- Rose Namajunes or Wanderlie Silva? Who would you rather watch fight?
This is an interesting one. Because Rose is actually athletic, and svelte, she would probably do well at sneaking into small places and getting over obstacles. She could also be potentially sneakier than Wanderlei. Since Rose is a pretty girl, esp if she grew her hair out, she could also use that to get in with potential assassination-clients.

All in all, I think Wanderlei Silva would make for a poor assassin. Probably a fantastic mercenary, however. He just doesn't strike me as subtle. If caught, yes he would fare better than Rose, but it's likely at that point weapons are drawn and capture is inevitable.

WMMA in the UFC has been a resounding success, except for the 145 division (which was only created for Cyborg). In the past 5-6 years, straw weight has easily been one of the Top 3 divisions in the UFC as far as talent pool and exciting fights. Now 125 is really taking off. Younger fighters, like Blanchfield, were no doubt heavily influenced by Rousey while growing up. I suspect we'll see a whole new generation of talent coming off the "Rousey Wave" . I look forward to the next 10 years of WMMA in the UFC. I just wish they would fold the 145 division (leave it to Bellator and PFL) and start an atom weight division already!

Jarl

P.S. Dreyga2000, Hatred and prejudice are caused by feelings, not reason or logic. Thus, you cannot use logic to convince people who hate women (and openly state they think women inferior, like Woozy) to give up the hatred in their hearts. I know you mean well, but I think you just need to let these bitter woman-haters be. Just pity them and move on. Just my two yen.
I'm kind of with you, but what @WoozyFailGuy said isn't untrue or necessarily considering women inferior. It is plain fact (as far as current science understands) that women are not as athletically inclined as men. Denying such doesn't make your argument stronger, even if I also like WMMA.

I think regardless of being a bit less explosive than men and whatnot, it's still a gift to see a person like Rose physically and mentally overcome so much and perform. It is beautiful to watch. She is not the only one. It would be sad if we did not get to observe (on a meaningful stage) how half the human race fights.

No issue with women learning how to fight. I’ve had my daughter training for 2 years now and she’s a mean handful.

But watching it for entertainment purposes is ridiculous. WNBA is a perfect example.

Sometimes it’s just not about “equality” - as there is no such thing in something like sports.

No issue with women learning how to fight. I’ve had my daughter training for 2 years now and she’s a mean handful.

But watching it for entertainment purposes is ridiculous. WNBA is a perfect example.

Sometimes it’s just not about “equality” - as there is no such thing in something like sports.
It can't be ridiculous "for entertainment purposes" if a lot of people are entertained. Believe it or not WMMA is seen as a point of pride outside of Sherdog.

Also. To give my personal take, basketball isn't comparable to fighting because it is ridiculous to begin with. Fighting, like running, is just something humans do. To someone like me, though I can appreciate the athleticism and highlights and sports science and even stories, basketball itself is inherently pointless to watch. I don't care if it's men or women, they're dribbling a ball around and shooting hoops with a bunch of convoluted rules. I'd rather see women fight.

Celebrating 10yrs of walking away from the TV and taking breaks during a card.

Bless are the food, smoke, restroom breaks on every card and providing us a 30min intermission every ppv main card.

The GOAT

roxanne-modafferi.jpg

It can't be ridiculous "for entertainment purposes" if a lot of people are entertained. Believe it or not WMMA is seen as a point of pride outside of Sherdog.

Also. To give my personal take, basketball isn't comparable to fighting because it is ridiculous to begin with. Fighting, like running, is just something humans do. To someone like me, though I can appreciate the athleticism and highlights and sports science and even stories, basketball itself is inherently pointless to watch. I don't care if it's men or women, they're dribbling a ball around and shooting hoops with a bunch of convoluted rules. I'd rather see women fight.
^^^^^^^^^This guy gets it

Did you make sure to tell them how much contempt you have for them?

LoL

I will say

Its fun to watch (newbie) guys come in and train and sometimes they would bring a GF to watch them train and if they were light enough in weight we would match them with a girl like Sarah and she would annihilate a man in front of his GF.

Now thats entertainment LoL

LoL

I will say

Its fun to watch (newbie) guys come in and train and sometimes they would bring a GF to watch them train and if they were light enough in weight we would match them with a girl like Sarah and she would annihilate a man in front of his GF.

That sounds like a good time.

LoL

I will say

That's fucking hilarious.

Back