10k Kettlebell Swings

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Doing 10k KB swings in 4 weeks using a 2 on, 1 off schedule. Need to up my GPP and when I ran this a few years ago I lost pant sizes and felt great.

Yesterday:500 swings with 50lbs KB

Cluster sets as follows

10 swings

15 swings

25 swings

50 swings

With a 1:1 rest ratio and a minute or 2 of rest after the 50 swing set. Can already do sets of 50 unbroken. May graduate to the 70lbs bell as I move forward.

Today: 500 swings with 50lbs KB. Glute and ham DOMS like I havent felt in some time.

Yesterday: rest

Today: 500 KB swings. Started with my loadable bell that weighed 58lbs but the longer implement made the swings really drawn out and not ballistic. Switched back to a standard bell after 300 reps and they felt like a cakewalk. Then hiked 3.3 miles.

Today:

500kb swings

Switched to the 70lbs bell and this was tough. Couldn't do the sets of 50 unbroken. Did 35-40 and rested 10 seconds or so before doing the final reps of the set.

4500 swings into the 10k at this point. Already feeling way better physically. Not gimping around or dreading physical movements.

Today I did 500 swings in sets of 50 with the 50lbs bell. This was way more intense than the clusters but also lent itself to longer rest periods.

Box squatted before this to work on technique and 495lbs flew up like an empty bar. Working on technique since I'm sticking to the KB till the end of the month and not running a strength program. Today is the first time I feel I've hit a proper rack position for low bar on my back. Felt good.

500 one arm swings with the 70lbs today. This feels like an appropriate weight. With the 50 I could breathe however I wanted but with this I actually have to breathe how they say to when doing the swings. Also drenched in sweat. Feels good.

Alright 5500 swings in. Past halfway done. 500 one armed with the 70lbs. Getting a little faster, about 40 mins with this.

6000 swings done. Used the 50lbs today because I did a full dynamic effort lower day.

6500 done. 11 more days to get 3500 knocked out. That's 7 days of swings with 4 rest days sprinkled in.

Two handed with the 32kg today. Felt sapped so got them done by any means necessary.

Back