Media 2 judges had Cory Yadong tied 38-38 going into the 5th

Round 1: Cory for me, but very close
Round 2: Cory via cut, can see an argument for Yadong
Round 3: Cory
Round 4: Cory

I see no problem giving either guy the first round. Second round would easily have been Yadong if the cut wasn't so bad, and it was from a very intentional strike. Looks like everyone understood Cory was 3&4.

The right guy won. Yadong was the better athlete and physically stronger. Cory is more skilled and made veteran decisions.

Fun fight, both guys will be better for it.

Last edited:
The 2nd should've been Cory's. The fight showed the cut eventually led to a stoppage where Songs power shots did not lead to a stoppage or anything close to a finish.

Uhh why are they giving Song the 2nd round??

Is this not damage based scoring? Is opening up a nasty cut not visible damage?
Agreed. Damage often seems to get overlooked. Especially over a fight like this. He should get weight for increasing the damage imo.

Round 1: Cory for me, but very close
Round 2: Cory via cut, can see an argument for Yadong
Round 3: Cory
Round 4: Cory

I see no problem giving either guy the first round. Second round would easily have been Yadong if the cut wasn't so bad, and it was from a very intentional strike. Looks like everyone understood Cory was 3&4.

The right guy won. Yadong was the better athletic and physically stronger. Cory is more skilled and made veteran decisions.

Fun fight, both guys will be better for it.
It was cool to see Cory's plan A was the knee. But this wasn't working so he switched to elbows and plan B got the win.

I thought Corey was in control the whole time even though it was competitive. Yadong is good but too inexperienced for the top level. This was too soon for him. Someone like Font, Cruz or Munhoz would have been more appropriate for him.

That elbow was all sandhagen landed, song rocked him a bit. I could see why a judge had it it 2-2 but if i was scoring, i had it 3-1 cory. Wish we could see a 5th.

Those judges scored Song's strikes in round 2 more than the elbow from Cory. Judging by the main criteria of effective striking and grappling, that round should definitely go to Cory

I had 2-2. Cut was bad and good call by doctor. You guys get way too upset with scorecards in close fights.

I had it 3-1 Cory giving Yadong the 2nd for buzzing him , maybe I'd give Rd 1 to Yadong on rewatch . Either way good fight and seeing the elbow that cut Yadong in real time was great and Cory ending the 4th on top opening up that cut more was a dominant way to end the fight . Momentum was going his way but would've been great to see .

I love blood but even I was thinking stop the fight
1258248633.jpg.jpg

2-2 is fine with me.

Song rocked Sandhangen and had ground control in the first.

He rocked Sandhagen bad again in the second. Then he continued to land the harder shots even though Sandhagen cut him.

To me, the bigger idiots are the ones who gave Sandhagen the 1st.

Last edited:
Back