2013-2014 Kansas City Chiefs official thread: Nowhere to go but up!

Also we need to update the thread title.

2015-2016 Kansas City Chiefs.....meh

V1 of this thread is almost 2 1/2 yrs old lol.

Haven't paid much attention to the draft, who the chiefs looking at, who do you guys want?

I wanted the Chiefs Strategery Office to draft a playmaker: they did.

Peters issues scare me, but being with Andy Reid, Bob Sutton, Emmitt Thomas, and Al Harris is a place where I feel that he can get coached up and be a productive player.

Our biggest issue on defense was lack of turnovers. Peters makes INTs and recovers fumbles.

Hope they get WR, ILB, or C help in rounds 2-3

Al Harris works for the Chiefs now? Oh man Peters better not fuck around

I was hoping they'd go WR... but I guess taking a high risk/high reward type guy at that spot isn't too bad. I'll be curious if they'll take a 2nd gamble and go with DGB in the 2nd round if he is still on the board....

I was hoping they'd go WR... but I guess taking a high risk/high reward type guy at that spot isn't too bad. I'll be curious if they'll take a 2nd gamble and go with DGB in the 2nd round if he is still on the board....

I'd be ok with that. If He's gone more O-Line help would be nice.

Pretty solid draft imo. We got a starting Center,CB, and WR plus some depth on defense.

I was damn happy with KC draft this year.

Not good...will update later

It's only preseason but if that flows into the regular season

elaine-chugging.gif

SO...after the 1st half, Davos, here's my thoughts:

-The 1st team oline didn't look very good
-Jeff Allen got hurt with a knee injury, he's the starting RT...not good
-Pederson called vanilla plays- it's the preseason, par for the course- but looking for Maclin deep on the 1st play was a little canned.
-Alex Smith looked for his 1st read too much. May have been a product of the subpar line play
-Charcandrick West has had a good game so far. More versatile back than Knile Davis.
-Knile Davis is like a stronger/faster version of Trent Richardson, and is slow through the hole. Once he gets going, he obviously has big play potential, but behind this o-line and a lack of field vision- his 3.5 YPC lifetime isn't improving
-Chase Daniel looked great
-Fred Williams (who?) looks like a guy that could make the team as a 5th/6th WR. Caught everything his way and looked open (creating seperation, hopefully)

Defense:

-great to have DJ, Devito, and Berry back
-Abdullah tried to make a pick on a crossing pattern and didn't get any ball. Went for a gain of 57. Not mad about the aggressiveness
-Jamell Fleming running with the 1s at CB was weird
-Ramik Wilson doesn't look great. (where's Mauga?)
-Justin March (ILB) does look good. Good reads and looks fluid out there. Impressive for an UDFA.
-Don't know how Jaye Howard looked replacing Poe. Didn't really watch a lot.

Last edited:
Some ups, some downs. Good to get the bad plays out

thanks for the write up.

Back