Elections 2016 Democratic National Convention

I think Hillary made some good points as to why Trump is not fit to be president. Imo that's what she needs to focus on to win. People aren't gonna "fall" for her and become fans but she can convince people to vote for the lesser of two evils.

I could not disagree more with this. I think this plays right into Trump's wheel house.

If Clinton and her campaign were capable of laying down their outdated playbook(Which they aren't), She would take the high road, and attempt to elevate herself with policy.

A policy debate is how you beat Donald Trump, not a mudslinging competition.

I think Hillary made some good points as to why Trump is not fit to be president. Imo that's what she needs to focus on to win. People aren't gonna "fall" for her and become fans but she can convince people to vote for the lesser of two evils.

The lesser of two evils doesn't sell out to Islam.

I could not disagree more with this. I think this plays right into Trump's wheel house.

If Clinton and her campaign were capable of laying down their outdated playbook(Which they aren't), She would take the high road, and attempt to elevate herself with policy.

A policy debate is how you beat Donald Trump, not a mudslinging competition.

People don't give a shit about a policy debate, plus Trump won't ever engage in something like that anyways. Clinton had 5 one on one debates with Sanders where they talked a ton about policy....it's not like any of that is not out in the open.

I think ultimately the Democratic Party just needs to convince enough people that voting for Trump is just too big of a mistake to let happen and they'll end up with the majority.

I think the "I'm the lesser of two evils" strategy is an admission of defeat. That's not going to resonate with voters.

The lesser of two evils doesn't sell out to Islam.

Who is the lesser of two evils then?

bush-saudi-hand-holding-2.jpg

bow-bush-43-1.jpg

obama-bows.jpg

obama+bowing+before+saudi+king+cartoon.jpg

images

I think if there was a Cruz and Sanders ticket, I would vote for them.

If you actually added them two together, and divided by 2, you would have 2 great politicians.

People don't give a shit about a policy debate, plus Trump won't ever engage in something like that anyways. Clinton had 5 one on one debates with Sanders where they talked a ton about policy....it's not like any of that is not out in the open.

I think ultimately the Democratic Party just needs to convince enough people that voting for Trump is just too big of a mistake to let happen and they'll end up with the majority.

You maybe right about whether the policy debate will work, but we know for a fact how engaging in a mud throwing competition with Trump works out.....

The political graves of Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, and about 10 other Republicans are proof of that.

Edit: Also, a one sided policy debate would be great optics for Clinton.

I think the "I'm the lesser of two evils" strategy is an admission of defeat. That's not going to resonate with voters.

Trumps campaign is all about how awesome he is and how he can use that awesomeness for the country. He is central to the campaign. Clinton's campaign is all about how she is a woman, which is historic, and that she isn't Trump. There is nothing propping her up or making her important/useful in anyway.

Her campaign is implicitly very negative about Clinton.

Back