***2017-18 NBA Regular Season Thread v5 - Curry is BACK!***

Best PG in the league

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think this All-Star game is going to be any different from the last few, especially last years? There was a lot of backlash and I don’t know anyone who actually watched the whole game. Will defense be played this year or 300 point record bout to be broken?

Twolves are looking scary. Is there any CANisotta fans in SB?
Ill be seeing them next Thursday @Toyota center battle CP3.

Only 1 team ranked top 4 in offense and defense this year.

The ELITE Toronto Raptors. Best team in the east

Johnson would have fucking rekt Ibakas can ass. His entire immediate family and parents are black belts, his mma record is 8-0 and kickboxing record is 20-0.

Ibaka got punked HARD
While JJ likely would dummy Ibaka lol @ citing karate black belts.

While JJ likely would dummy Ibaka lol @ citing karate black belts.
in comparison to untrained, non fighting NBA players?

we're not saying dude's taking the UFC strap

the average person has ZERO ability to parry or block a highkick from an elite martial artist

in comparison to untrained, non fighting NBA players?

we're not saying dude's taking the UFC strap

the average person has ZERO ability to parry or block a highkick from an elite martial artist
I wouldn't compare a jacked African who throws hands more than anyone in the league an average nba player. I'd take Ibaka over 99% of the NBA roster.

I wouldn't compare a jacked African who throws hands more than anyone in the league an average nba player. I'd take Ibaka over 99% of the NBA roster.
well that's not saying anything is the point i'm trying to make

Ibaka can't fight, NBA players in general damn sure can't fight. When you're 6' by the age of like 11, you generally don't get checked by the peons around you

lol Ibaka would get bottled by half the league. Bobby Portis would break his face too.

Giant black man from Arkansas > "Jacked African" all day.

What makes people think Ibacan can fight? He grabs balls (probably because he enjoys it) and runs right away.

He threw that elbow first against the cHeat and once he threw bombs, Ibakan put his hands up. Dude is a pussy.

Fun little stat.

Lonzo Ball hasn't attempted a single free throw since December 22... lol

Fun little stat.

funny little stat. you talked mad trash after Raptors dropped a tight game to Miami but are totally silent when they BESMIRCH the Cavs and that sinking ship LeBron is on.

funny little stat. you talked mad trash after Raptors dropped a tight game to Miami but are totally silent when they BESMIRCH the Cavs and that sinking ship LeBron is on.

Well the Cavs are in their seasonal tailspin, and Lebron is coming up on his two week absence due to back pain and fatigue (South Beach Lab Visit) So while it was nice I think it said more about the Cavs than it did the Craptors.

You have the Wario's on Saturday and the Warriors are on a back to back with a good chance one of their stars sits. So lets see how you perform then.

Like I've said tho Beri, I actually have watched a lot of Craps games this year... the team is interesting and they have a new fight to them, instead of just rolling over they are more likely to comeback from behind in the 4th than they were previously. Derozan is in peak prime and the squad is deep and at least competent.

You have about the best chance you've ever had this season, with the Cavs old and crumbling and the Celts still putting it together, so this is your window to get smoked by the Wario's in the finals.

But all that said, I still feel like Lebron and Co might just cuck the fuck out of you guys in a #2 v #3 conference semi-final.

I, for one, would absolutely love if BOS or TOR came out instead of CLE

or even if GS somehow doesn't come out

anything but a quadruplicate Final

Well the Cavs are in their seasonal tailspin, and Lebron is coming up on his two week absence due to back pain and fatigue (South Beach Lab Visit) So while it was nice I think it said more about the Cavs than it did the Craptors.

You have the Wario's on Saturday and the Warriors are on a back to back with a good chance one of their stars sits. So lets see how you perform then.

Like I've said tho Beri, I actually have watched a lot of Craps games this year... the team is interesting and they have a new fight to them, instead of just rolling over they are more likely to comeback from behind in the 4th than they were previously. Derozan is in peak prime and the squad is deep and at least competent.

You have about the best chance you've ever had this season, with the Cavs old and crumbling and the Celts still putting it together, so this is your window to get smoked by the Wario's in the finals.

But all that said, I still feel like Lebron and Co might just cuck the fuck out of you guys in a #2 v #3 conference semi-final.

the refs might fuck us ;) even last night the Raps were way more aggressive and playing true bigs against Love/TT as Cavs bigs yet getting way less FTA than the Cavs. In the yoffs it will be worse.

I think its Torontos window now but i told you early in the season, the real biggest difference is the offense. Its still potent but now in the more "modern" way. Way more ball movement, assists, and especially 3 pointers. I got enjoyment out of the Cavs forum last night alot of posts like "since when do the Raps shoot 3s all game like the Rockets and Warriors??", since all this year but nobody watches them to realize how different the team really is.

Not to mention Poetle, bros. He is gonna be a keeper. At worst a rock solid backup big but i think his ceiling is much higher. Like defensive anchor high. He just knows how to play the game, he is in the right spot at the right time. He is like a white Timmy D without the refined shooting skills but inside he is deadly.

Fun little stat.

Well he doesn't really drive to score, mainly to breakdown defenses. He was also injured for a good portion of that period. And last night I saw a missed call when he did go in for a drive.Of course, he is passive when it comes to scoring and that is the main cause.

Last edited:
Well he doesn't really drive to score, mainly to breakdown defenses. He was also injured for a good portion of that period. And last night I saw a missed call when he did go in for a drive.Of course, he is passive when it comes to scoring and that is the main cause.

if you arent a threat to score you arent really a great play maker. Nobody respecting his drives or shot. Nobody needs to be up tight on him. He never draws help and makes shit happen.

He is basically a scrub at this point in time. Stop sugar coating shit.

if you arent a threat to score you arent really a great play maker. Nobody respecting his drives or shot. Nobody needs to be up tight on him. He never draws help and makes shit happen.

He is basically a scrub at this point in time. Stop sugar coating shit.
Wouldn't call him a scrub but he certainly needs to improve on his scoring presence.

Ball is now shooting 36%, if he can raise that and his 3 point % a couple more points it won't be a total bust of a season. Something to grow on next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back