***2017-18 NBA Regular Season Thread v7 - OH THE HUMANITY!***

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cavs game reminded me off the Super Bowl with that great display of D.

Cavs defense is completely broke but that's the kind of game that can flip a team's momentum around. It's painfully obvious they want IT to take a backseat and he doesn't want to though. Subbing him out for a rookie and ignoring him multiple times on offense.

Honestly thats not even saying much. I feel like the talent pool at hw is so thin and old, and with the power they carry of you put a big 230 bar room brawler in vs a hw champ he'd have a 1/10 chance of winning 8n the ufc.
I still can't get over the fact the 2 best HWs in mma gassed in less than 5 minutes.

Cavs defense is completely broke but that's the kind of game that can flip a team's momentum around. It's painfully obvious they want IT to take a backseat and he doesn't want to though. Subbing him out for a rookie and ignoring him multiple times on offense.
They subbed him out on defense since he absolutely sucks at it lol.

Who did Cleveland get for LeBron during his first run?
1st team All D year prior Larry Hughes, who i think everyone forgets was on that team
Ilgauskas (already there prior to Bern) was an AS in 03 and 05 and hadn't fallen off too bad by that pt, put up 12/10 in that Finals run during the yoffs
Drew Gooden was almost a double/double guy as well

it was pretty damn suspect after that tho hahaha

I’d make either a really bad GM or a way ambitious player agent because I’d swear in today’s market Lou would be worth way more than that.
He likely took a friendly deal to stay in LA.

He likely took a friendly deal to stay in LA.
Yeah ok. My honest thinking was about 3 years 50. And then go retire in LA. Or at least leverage the Clips for a bit more. But was there even a NTC? Doesn't seem to be one in the reports I've read. Anyway it's refreshing to see a guy happily underpaid for once. Good luck to him.

I have to say, don't blame IT here... he just happened to be the guy that walked into a dump and said it smelled like shit.

And he's not playing well at all, but seems the rest of the team is almost rooting for him to fail so as to invalidate his criticism.

Whatever... fuck the Cavs, and Lebron is unquestionably the leader so all of this is on him, just like LeBitch to create a stinking pile of shit and then look for an exit.

But that's not how a lockerroom works. Maybe if a Shane Battier or Joe Dumars comes in and does that guys listen.

Why do you think that is? They never bonded with the dude, he sucks so far this year and he's running his mouth. That's 3 strikes.

I agree they're hideous. Lebron did choose this team so in a way it's on him. The Tristan Thompson deal especially. However, he did bring Cleveland a ring and that was what he set out to do. He didn't screw up Miami and got a group of crap to the Finals with his first stint in Cleveland. I don't feel he'll screw up Houston. If I was LA I wouldn't touch him. Too many young guys and unless you're trading Lonzo

I don't see it happening honestly. I really think Kyrie was done with it and was 100% going to bet on himself

Also doesn't a lot of it fall on Bern? There were rumors swirling that Kyrie wanted out for a bit before the trade. I didn't see any reports of Bern trying to contact him and sort shit out. @RR . Wtf is an owner gonna say that means more than what Bern says anyways?

It was also near-universally thought that Cleveland got a haul for him. The longer the saga went on the less of a chance it got any better

Yep, I posted he wanted out a long time before it ever became a conversation. LeBron never tried to call him. He let it go. A key element to a lot of it is LeBron grew up with his team. He looks at them as family. So if you don't mesh with them there's an issue. Kyrie is much different. He's laid back and chill. So he doesn't view his team as that. He figured "who gives a shit about Maverick. That aint my ninja" but that's not how LeBron thinks. It couldn't work.

On Gilbert a ton. And when he sells the team a lot more than I even said will come out. You owm a team of predominantly black players in a predominantly black league. End of the day money talks and there's a reason he's so far into the luxury tax but it cost him. LeBron's boys are the only people who signed there. That was all he could do.

But that's not how a lockerroom works. Maybe if a Shane Battier or Joe Dumars comes in and does that guys listen.

Why do you think that is? They never bonded with the dude, he sucks so far this year and he's running his mouth. That's 3 strikes.

I agree they're hideous. Lebron did choose this team so in a way it's on him. The Tristan Thompson deal especially. However, he did bring Cleveland a ring and that was what he set out to do. He didn't screw up Miami and got a group of crap to the Finals with his first stint in Cleveland. I don't feel he'll screw up Houston. If I was LA I wouldn't touch him. Too many young guys and unless you're trading Lonzo

I think it's a good thing for the Heat that they had a strong, respected, front office guy like Rat Riles in charge, because if not I feel like the same thing would have happened in Miami that's going on in Cleveland now. That makes me very nervous about LeBron coming to the Lakers because I'm not sure if Magic is that guy. The locker room situation would be worse.

Just wanna note that for awhile now all I heard around here was "this is the same old cavs slump every year, raps Celts have no chance hahahahaha". Now all you motherfuckers are experts after the fact

As I can recall only @RR (don't think I haven't noticed our budding bromance bruh, it's like the fugees said "who would think that your best friend, could be your worst enemy and your enemy your best friend?") and I were saying from the jump that this year's problems are much deeper than a slump, team has major structural issues and chemistry issues.

Scientists gonna science, bros

The other low key story is golden State not looking unbeatable in the West either

I didn't see that one coming nut once again @RR on point with the rockets being a very very dangerous threat to them. Rockets raptors also doesn't look like a pipe dream. Rr might cream himself if it happens lol who would you cheer for??

Biggest threat in the West is the Blunder. They just went to GS and slapped them around. Maybe KD shouldn’t have treated them like just another opponent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hardscarf
Back