2017 Green Bay Packers V2 What Gum Does Hundley Chew?

Seems Murphy is willing to “try” to talk to Schneider

If we could get Schneider back I think he'd be the best for a win now window with Rodgers.

Both Rodgers and McCarthy feeling uneasy with Ball getting the GM gig makes me feel good about their mindsets. They both know it's a win now mindset and that building in the draft, while crucial, isn't going to get shit done now.

As much as we all give him shit, I'm psyched to see what Mike could accomplish with solid free agent signings, a solid draft with offensive impact players and above all else - a top 10 scoring defense.

So happy to see Capers and Mr "I dont know whats going on" get fired/demoted.

Screen-Shot-2017-12-26-at-2.06.18-PM-750x400.jpg

Philbin coming back home...Top 5 in scoring in 4 out of the 5 years he was here, offense steadily declined since. From what I’ve read he wasn’t a yes man to MM and was influential even if MM was ultimately calling plays. Rodgers likes him too. No problems with this at all.

Now for the other side Fangio pls

The Packers also could argue that they should be allowed to interview Schneider because the job could be viewed as a promotion, since Schneider and Seahawks coach Pete Carroll share responsibilities in player acquisition. In Green Bay, the general manager has full authority over all football decisions, including the draft, free agency and hiring and firing of the coach.

Schneider would be the preferred choice of many in the organization, including some already in the scouting department, and coach Mike McCarthy.

Multiple sources told ESPN that Schneider would be very interested in running his hometown team.

It was not immediately known if the Packers would be willing to compensate the Seahawks -- most likely in draft picks and money -- to hire Schneider.

The Packers also requested permission to interview Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie, but McKenzie declined the request from his former employer and is expected to remain as Jon Gruden’s GM, a source told Adam Schefter.

The Packers have three internal candidates: Russ Ball, Brian Gutekunst and Eliot Wolf. Although Ball, their chief contract negotiator, is viewed as a leading candidate, a source said Gutekunst and Wolf both were impressive in their interviews, with Gutekunst holding a slight edge over the younger Wolf. A source said McCarthy is not opposed to working with any of the internal candidates, despite reports that he would try to leave if Ball got the job.

The Packers also plan to interview former Bills GM Doug Whaley.

Hmmmm

Would John Schneider be bringing Tom Wopat too?
p184010_b_v8_ab.jpg

Gutekunst it is!!!!!!!!

So happy with this choice and not ball.

Texans wanted him and 9ers last year were blown away with his interview, only reason he didn’t take that job, wouldn’t of had final say personnel wise.

Gutekunst it is!!!!!!!!

So happy with this choice and not ball.

Texans wanted him and 9ers last year were blown away with his interview, only reason he didn’t take that job, wouldn’t of had final say personnel wise.
I’ve heard of Wolf and wanted him but don’t know a ton about Gutekunst so can someone explain what he’s done for the team in the past? Heard he’s like a talent Scout whereas Ball was a contract guy.

I’ve heard of Wolf and wanted him but don’t know a ton about Gutekunst so can someone explain what he’s done for the team in the past? Heard he’s like a talent Scout whereas Ball was a contract guy.

IMO they hired him do to being with the team for 20+ years in different forms of scouting position. So im thinking they think he will be a good personal guy for the draft.

Now I do see Wolf leaving because of this which IMO is a bad thing, as IF he is anything like his dad, which it sounds like he is, he should have been the next GM, but we almost lost him last year, and now he will definitely go check out interviews again. Last year the only way we saved him was by promoting him, but it really seems like he also wants to be GM.

Great way to start my day by reading that Gutekunst got the GM gig.

So, with our 14th pick who do we go after? A pass rusher or DB?

I fully expect the packers to do everything they can to keep ball, promotion, different title , because he is such a savant with the cap.

So, with our 14th pick who do we go after? A pass rusher or DB?

Gotta be pass rush, unless an impact player isn't available at that position when we pick. If not, go corner.

I'm hoping we go Edge, WR, CB with the our first three picks.

Im still so happy.... Capers to the pit of misery dilly fucking dilly.

3G9VRc2.png

Back